Search for content in message boards

MARY ARNOLD MANLEY/MARY MANLEY TIMOTHY MILLS

Replies: 1

MARY ARNOLD MANLEY/MARY MANLEY TIMOTHY MILLS

Posted: 17 Jun 2008 12:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
MARY ARNOLD MANLEY WAS THE WIFE OF REV. MANLEY OF DORSET ,VT.
THEY HAD A DAUGHTER ALSO NAMED MARY MARY ARNOLD MANLEY WAS SOMEHOW CONNECTED TO BENEDICT ARNOLD. I HAVE VARIATIONS OF THE CONNECTIONS ALTHOUGH RECORDS IN UTAH DO NOT BEAR OUT THE HALF SISTER THEORY.

THE DAUGHTER MARRIED TIMOTHY MILLS IN 1776 IN DORSET,VT.

THEN HE TOOK UP WITH BENEDICT ARNOLD AND ETHAN ALLEN AND TRAMPED OVER TO TICONDEROGA BUT WAS NOT LISTED AS BEING THERE.

NEXT HE WENT TO CANADA WITH THE TWO OF THEM AND WAS CAPTURED AND THEN WITH SIX OTHERS HE ESCAPED.
WAS ONE OF ONLY TWO OF THE ESCAPEES TO SURVIVE THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR.

HE MOVED FROM RUPERT,VT AFTER THE WAR TO BRIDPORT,VT. THE LAND GIVEN AS A PENSIONER OF THE WAR (VETERAN.
THEN ON WEST TO THE TOWN OF JAY NEW YORK HE WAS STILL THERE IN THE 1800
CENSUS. THEN HE AND MARY DISAPEARED. I CAN ONLY GUESS HE WENT TO CANADA AS A LISTING SHOWS THAT
HE DIED AFTER 1804 BUT NOW WHERE. BUT ALSO WHERE IS MARY MANLEY DAUGHTER OF DEACON MANLEY OF DORSET,VT. BY THE WAY THEY WERE MARRIED BY REV.PARSONS PRATT OF DORSET,VT. IT IS SHOWN IN HIS PAPERS.

ANYTHING U CAN GIVE ME WOULD BE HELPFUL. HAVE GOT PAPERWORK ON MILL S CONNECTION S IN MASS.,CT

BACK TO FULLER FAMILY OF BOSTON.

EDWARD J. DENEKA (MOTHER WAS A MILLS ) 6 OF THE MILLS FAMILY MARCHED TO LEXINGTON ON APRIL 19,1775

TWO DIED ON THAT DAY.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
chicago7 17 Jun 2008 6:22AM GMT 
ChekWriter 8 Jul 2010 11:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions