Search for content in message boards

Munnelly / Monnelly / Munley / Manley Reunion

Replies: 0

Munnelly / Monnelly / Munley / Manley Reunion

Posted: 1 May 2012 6:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Munnelly / Monnelly / Munley / Manley

There will be a reunion in County Mayo for those with the connections to the ancestral surnames above from June 22 - June 24. Details at

http://www.munnellysofcountymayo.com/2012-reunion.html

Posted on the Munnelly Connection at facebook:

"Paul Manley
I will be bringing some historical items to the reunion to share. Among them is a 3 foot by 4 foot color map of the west coast of Ireland. It is was done in 1584 by a man named John Browne. It was was colored in Italy. The reproduction is in a 2003 article in the Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. I called the Society in Dublin from California and they were generous enough to send me a free copy. Also, I have the 2009 copy of the Ordinance Survey Letters for County Mayo from 1838. It is 350 pages long. It has a reproduction of several early maps of County Mayo. It is very strong on the origins of names of places and local history as told to John O'Donovan by the old timers in 1838. This is where we learn of the connection between the Munnellys, Ballymunnelly and the O'Doherty clan."

Please let Kathy Manley Short ( katsjay2@bellsouth.net ) know ASAP if you are interested in attending.

Marianne Manley Granoff
Albuquerque, NM
granoff@zianet.com

Find a board about a specific topic