Search for content in message boards

Mannix Family in Montana

Replies: 0

Mannix Family in Montana

Posted: 23 Mar 2005 9:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Apr 2005 2:35PM GMT
Surnames: Mannix
I am a descendant James Mannix. James was born in Hartford, CT and married Bridgett Murray who immigrated from Ireland in 1863. They had 7 children while living in Hartford, the oldest being my Great-Grandmother Mary Ellen Mannix. I do have info on the other siblings if anyone is searching for it. The youngest three children died in early childhood, and in 1877 the family migrated to Montana with four children, living some years in Sun River near Phil A. Mannix(James' Brother), before settling a family ranch in Dupuyer. James built many of the Masonry buildings in Sun River before becoming a rancher in Dupuyer. The confusion I have with the information here, is the names of James and Phil Mannix's parents. Our family history has recorded that their parents were named John and Ellen Mannix. John immigrated from Ireland, and Ellen immigrated from Daelkirk Scotland. She is said to be the sister of Simon J. Dawson, founder of the Dawson Trail in Canada. I see that someone else has her name on Phil Mannix's marriage license listed as Celene. Does anyone have any further information on John and Celene(Ellen) Mannix?

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions