Search for content in message boards

Looking for Mannix relatives in Illionois

Replies: 2

Looking for Mannix relatives in Illionois

Posted: 7 Sep 2010 2:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandfathers name was Francis Marion Mannix. He and his brothers and sisters were put on an orphan train in the early 1900's. I know my grand fathers oldest brother was John Mannix and died in the war at age 19. One of his sister was named gertrude, but the others I don't know their names. My grand father was in illinois when the orphan train stopped. He was taken by the Alvey's and they raised him but never adopted my grand father. But they were so good to him my grand father crossed out Mannix on his birth certificate and wrote in Alvey. Back then I guess this was legal. He then married my grand mother beulah Vanway in Illinois and had 5 boys and 1 girl, now all Alvey's. I have been curious to the blood name Mannix and was hoping someone may be able to see if we had a connection in the family tree. My name is Craig Alvey, I named my first son Steven Mannix Alvey trying to keep our real blood name alive in our family. Thanks in advance for the help.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
craig9371 7 Sep 2010 8:54PM GMT 
MaryManyxGood... 8 Sep 2010 9:16PM GMT 
craig9371 8 Sep 2010 9:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions