Search for content in message boards

marreros from puerto rico

Replies: 71

Re: Reply: Hunt's Point/RAUL MARRERO/Blanquillo,Lucas

Posted: 11 Jul 2010 6:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Marrero,Quilez,Santiago,Calazan,Miranda,Fernandez
This is too much. My uncle Raul would and still talks so much about Blanquillo.However, I never bothered to ask him to describe Blanquillo until about 10 years ago or more. Anyway he looked at me and replied that actually I resembled Blanquillo. I am also short but I don't need help to get on a yegua! LOL ... Papa Julio my great grandfather(son of Blanquillo) had piercing blue eyes so that trait runs in the family. An engineer cousin who lives in Puerto Rico (Lucas Marrero) also has very light blue eyes. Actually I just replied to another direct cousin of ours who lives in Jersey. Unfortunately she wrote me a year ago and I had no clue until now. My Mother is sure that on our side it's through Eulalia. But true,there are MANY "Marrero Marrero's". Referring to the name Calazan; it's definitely a last name so could we all actually be Calazan? Who knows right. I live in Manhattan. May I ask where are you? Puerto Rico?
Yes, uncle Raul is much older and still quite elegant and tall with dark green eyes. He wrote many famous salsa songs and you can find some video footage of him on YouTube. His oldest son is Raul Marrero Jr. and works in Law Enforcement in Florida (in his 50's & graduate of Rutgers University). On my Mom's side I am Fernández and on my dad's Riley Rexach Powers Porrata-Doria. Do I have to be a member to check out our Marrero family tree?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Blanquillo 12 Jul 2010 12:45AM GMT 
Glenda Santia... 12 Jul 2010 1:00AM GMT 
Blanquillo 12 Jul 2010 1:52AM GMT 
sugarmama0320 27 Mar 2013 4:53AM GMT 
Blanquillo 27 Mar 2013 5:54AM GMT 
Glenda Santia... 27 Mar 2013 11:16AM GMT 
NestitaMarrer... 8 Apr 2013 7:15AM GMT 
Blanquillo 8 Apr 2013 9:49AM GMT 
Blanquillo 8 Apr 2013 9:50AM GMT 
NestitaMarrer... 8 Apr 2013 11:40PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions