Search for content in message boards

marreros from puerto rico

Replies: 71

Re: Reply: Hunt's Point/RAUL MARRERO/Blanquillo,Lucas

Posted: 11 Jul 2010 6:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Marrero, Miranda, Melendez, Nogueras, Fernandez, Santiago
Yes Blanquillo's name was: Jose Calazan Marrero Miranda

Calazan was his middle name. I'm sure that somewhere along the line it should have been his last name. My aunts say he was short, so much so that he needed help to get on his "yegua" (mare). Supposedly the light eyes DO NOT come from him but from Mama Gole.

Gregoria Fernandez (Mama Gole) was his first wife. Gregoria had blue eyes,dark hair and fair complexion.
Her next door neighbor was Eulalia Melendez (she was dark skin and had dark hair and eyes) and next to her lived Josefa Nogueras(I'm not sure about her - the pomales side of the family comes from her end).

He had 3 wives total and each wife is said to have had 11 children each. His 33 known children along with his siblings are one of the reason there are so many Marreros in the family. Also there are many 1st and 2nd cousins married and as you research you will see that there are many Marrero Marrero.

My mom has spoken to me about Raul the composer but if I'm not mistaken he is way older than her.

Who are your grandparents if you don't mind? Also take a look at my tree and you will see what I mean about the number of children.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
perez-marrero, jeanette maria 2 Jan 2000 5:23AM GMT 
rafaelmarrero 22 Jan 2000 11:20AM GMT 
JEANETTE PEREZ MARRERO 23 Jan 2000 5:35AM GMT 
rafaelmarrero 23 Jan 2000 5:58AM GMT 
cynthiamarrer... 15 May 2008 8:54PM GMT 
Gilbert(o) Marrero Jr. 8 Aug 2000 10:52PM GMT 
Blanquillo 31 Mar 2008 9:38AM GMT 
Glenda Santia... 11 Jul 2010 3:49AM GMT 
Blanquillo 11 Jul 2010 11:48PM GMT 
Glenda Santia... 12 Jul 2010 12:08AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions