Search for content in message boards

Prince & Harriet Martin Family of Washington & Johnson Counties, Georgia

Replies: 0

Prince & Harriet Martin Family of Washington & Johnson Counties, Georgia

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 7:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Martin, Wright, Moorman, Childers, Houston,
My 3rd great-grand father was Prince Martin B. abt. 1815. D. Abt 1910. He is married to Harriet Martin B. abt 1820 D. abt 1920. They worked for the Martin Family in and around the Buckeye District of Washington and Johnson Counties. Prince, Tom, & John Wood also worked for John B Wright according to the Georgia Tax Digest 1872, Hansbury, Johnson County, Militia District 1202.They had 10 chrildren, all born into slavery with the exception of a few: Nancy married Sidney Moorman, Martha married Neal Houston, Lutisha married John Childers, Mary married Pete Wright and was also the mother of John Wood who was raised by his grandparents, Prince & Harriet. John married Ella. Winnie married Andrew Miller Wright, Elizabeth (Lizzie) married Calvin Wright, William married Rachel, Tom (Thomas) married Channie, Eddie Simon (Edward) married Grace. Lastly, my great-greatgrand father, Winfield is married to Eliza (Liza) Jane Wright. John Lynch Martin may have been the owner of the Modena Plantation in which they lived. I would like to confirm that if at all possible and learn even more about my Martin family ancestors. If you know any additional information and would like to make a connection, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Nikki Gordon.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions