Search for content in message boards

Martins of Stokes County, NC

Replies: 4

Re: Martins of Stokes County, NC

Posted: 3 Jun 2004 4:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Aug 2004 4:20PM GMT
Toni--------I'm the 4th Great Grandson of Gen Joseph Martin, brother to Col. John (Jack) Martin of Rock House fame. I have extensive information on the Martin Family in America and also some information on Gen. Joseph's & Col. Jack's grandfather, William Martin of Bristol Eng. A cousin actually has undocumented information going back to about 1060, when our name was Martin De Tours. The family was and still is in the merchant shipping business in Bristol. We have recently made contact with our cousins there and hopefully within 2 to 5 years we can go there for a family reunion.
We were at the rock house in stokes co. last year and even bought several of the xmas tree ornaments of the rock house. The co. historical society director has more.
I'm very interested in Col Jack and I'm trying to prove he had a famous son, Judge John Martin (1/8 indian) who was the chief justice for the cherrokees after they were removed to Okla. The official geneology records list his father as Gen. Joseph but i'm certain it was col. jack. the mother was susannah emory. If you have info on this please let me know.
We are in Salt Lake City on our way to Seattle for our grandson's birth about 10 July. I'm retired military and live in Gilbert, AZ. Cell phone 928/970-8000. you have my e-mail, which i check every day or two.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Toni 9 Apr 2000 2:45PM GMT 
joelinmartin1 3 Jun 2004 10:33PM GMT 
barbs 4 Jun 2004 10:11PM GMT 
joelinmartin1 5 Jun 2004 12:42AM GMT 
Carolyn Fisher-Long 8 Jun 2005 5:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions