Curt is quite right in that his family has published a lot of information on the Matlack branch of the family in Pennsylvania. There are several Pennsylvania websites with excellent write ups on the Colonel. Good luck in your research. Here is short chart to get you started.
PS Thanks Curt for all of your help JWM
Descendants of Timothy Matlack
Generation No. 1
1. TIMOTHY5 MATLACK (WILLIAM4, ) was born 08 May 1695 in Haddonfield, Burlington County, New Jersey, and died 09 October 1752 in Burlington, New Jersey. He married (1) MARY HANIES 03 June 1720 in Hoddonfield, Burlington County, New Jersey. She was born 02 February 1700/01, and died Bef. 1729. He married (2) ELIZABETH MARTHA BURR 21 January 1729/30 in Burlington County, New Jersey. She was born Abt. 1699.
Children of TIMOTHY MATLACK and MARY HANIES are:
i. PRISCILLA6 MATLACK, b. 05 February 1721/22, New Jersey; m. (1) JOHN BROWN; m. (2) ISAAC WARREN, 11 April 1739.
2. ii. LATITIA MATLACK, b. 13 May 1724, New Jersey; d. 31 January 1752.
iii. ASCHA MATLACK, b. 05 November 1726, New Jersey; m. JOB SIDDONS, 12 September 1744.
iv. ABIE MATLACK, b. 28 November 1728, New Jersey; d. 11 December 1728.
Children of TIMOTHY MATLACK and ELIZABETH BURR are:
v. MARY BASSETT6 MATLACK.
vi. REUBEN HAINES MATLACK.
vii. ZACHARIAH MATLACK.
viii. SYBIL MATLACK, b. 06 December 1730; d. 01 May 1759; m. DAVID COOPER, 23 March 1757.
ix. ELIZABETH CHANDLER MATLACK, b. 12 April 1734; d. 17 June 1793; m. JOHN CHANDLER, 10 August 1758.
3. x. COL TIMOTHY MATLACK, b. 26 March 1736, Haddonfield, New Jersey; d. 14 April 1829.
xi. TITUS MATLACK, b. 26 June 1738; d. 1796; m. (1) SARAH RENSHAW, 20 December 1760, Pennsylvania; m. (2) SARAH SHUTE, 20 December 1770.
xii. SETH MATLACK, b. 08 December 1743; m. MARY SHUTE, 12 November 1766.
4. xiii. WHITE MATLACK, b. 07 October 1745.
xiv. JOSIAH MATLACK, b. 04 January 1747/48; d. June 1802; m. ELIZABETH MUSGROVE, 15 May 1771.
Generation No. 2
2. LATITIA6 MATLACK (TIMOTHY5, WILLIAM4) was born 13 May 1724 in New Jersey, and died 31 January 1752. She married (1) SAMUEL MICKLE June 1742. She married (2) THOMAS HICHMAN 02 April 1750.
Child of LATITIA MATLACK and SAMUEL MICKLE is:
i. ONE CHILD NOT SHOWN7 MICKLE.
3. COL TIMOTHY6 MATLACK (TIMOTHY5, WILLIAM4) was born 26 March 1736 in Haddonfield, New Jersey, and died 14 April 1829. He married (1) ELLEN YARNELL 05 November 1758 in Friends Meeting House. He married (2) ELIZABETH CAPPER 17 August 1767.
Notes for COL TIMOTHY MATLACK:
Col MATLACK wrote out the copy of the Declaration of Independence.
MATLACK, Timothy, a Delegate from Pennsylvania; born in Haddonfield, Camden County, N.J., in 1730; attended Quaker schools in Haddonfield and Philadelphia; engaged in mercantile pursuits in Philadelphia; was in command of a battalion of â€œAssociatorsâ€ during the Revolution and took part in the battle of Princeton; member of the provincial conference held in Carpentersâ€™ Hall, Philadelphia, June 18, 1775; delegate to the convention of July 15, 1776, and appointed secretary of state; member of the committee of safety in 1776; in 1777 was appointed keeper of the great seal; member of the board of trustees of the University of Pennsylvania in 1779; Member of the Continental Congress in 1780; moved to Lancaster, Pa.; master of the rolls of Pennsylvania 1800-1809; moved to Philadelphia and was prothonotary of the district court for several years; member of the board of aldermen 1813-1818; died at Holmesburg, near Philadelphia, Pa., April 14, 1829; interment in the Free Quaker Burial Ground, Philadelphia, Pa.; reinterment in 1905 in Fatlands, on the Schuylkill River, opposite Valley Forge, Pa.
More About COL TIMOTHY MATLACK:
Military service: American Revolutionary War Colonel USA
Children of COL MATLACK and ELLEN YARNELL are:
5. i. WILLIAM B.7 MATLACK, b. 30 July 1759; d. 1797, Pennsylivana. He is buried in the Free Quaker Graveyard in Philadelphia..
ii. MORDECAI MATLACK, b. 1761; d. 1778, Some where at sea..
More About MORDECAI MATLACK:
Military service: American Revolutionary War LT USN USS Ranger
iii. OATNRE MATLACK, b. 1763.
6. iv. SIBYL MATLACK, b. 11 December 1764; d. 18 February 1816.
7. v. CATHERINE MATLACK, b. 08 April 1767.
8. vi. MARTHA MATLACK, b. 16 October 1770; d. 14 August 1826.
4. WHITE6 MATLACK (TIMOTHY5, WILLIAM4,) was born 07 October 1745. White married MARY HAWHURST 06 March 1768. She was born 1752, and died Abt. 1820.
Children of WHITE MATLACK and MARY HAWHURST are:
i. WHITE7 MATLACK.
ii. TIMOTHY MATLACK.
iii. MARY MATLACK.
iv. HANNAH MATLACK.
Generation No. 3
5. WILLIAM B.7 MATLACK (COL TIMOTHY6, TIMOTHY5, WILLIAM4, GEORGE3 MATLOCK, JOHN2, WILLIAM1) was born 30 July 1759, and died 1797 in Pennsylivana. He is buried in the Free Quaker Graveyard in Philadelphia.. He married HANNAH CARMALT 22 March 1787.
Notes for WILLIAM B. MATLACK:
[William Matlack of 02 Jun 1650.FTW]
William served as a Privateer during the Revolutionary War. He was captured by the British and held prisoner in a London dungeon. The contracted rheumatism of the limbs, and as a result remained a cripple for the rest of his life.
More About WILLIAM B. MATLACK:
Military service: American Revolutionary War Privateer
Children of WILLIAM MATLACK and HANNAH CARMALT are:
i. TIMOTHY8 MATLACK, b. 11 February 1788; d. October 1839.
ii. JAMES MATLACK, b. 14 February 1791, Philadelphia, Pennsylviana; d. 24 June 1849, Pennsylivana. He died at his residence near the Carroll & Wheatfield Township LIne. Perry County, Pennsylviana.; m. ELIZABETH RISTINE, Phiadelphia, Pennsylviana.
6. SIBYL7 MATLACK (COL TIMOTHY6, TIMOTHY5, WILLIAM4, GEORGE3 MATLOCK, JOHN2, WILLIAM1) was born 11 December 1764, and died 18 February 1816. She married JOSEPH STRETCH 19 January 1792.
Child of SIBYL MATLACK and JOSEPH STRETCH is:
i. EIGHT CHILDREN NOT SHOWN8 STRETCH.
7. CATHERINE7 MATLACK (COL TIMOTHY6, TIMOTHY5, WILLIAM4) was born 08 April 1767. She married WILLIAM MURRAY 14 May 1785.
Child of CATHERINE MATLACK and WILLIAM MURRAY is:
i. FOUR CHILDREN NOT SHOWN8 MURRAY.
8. MARTHA7 MATLACK (COL TIMOTHY6, TIMOTHY5, WILLIAM) was born 16 October 1770, and died 14 August 1826. She married GUY BRYAN 21 June 1785 in Christ Church, Philidelphia, Pennsylviana.
Child of MARTHA MATLACK and GUY BRYAN is:
i. FOURTEEN CHILDREN NOT SHOWN8 BRYAN.