Search for content in message boards

Looking for my Matz cousins, Chicago, Cicero, Cook County Illinois....>

Replies: 2

Looking for my Matz cousins, Chicago, Cicero, Cook County Illinois....>

Posted: 25 Jul 2009 11:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Matz, Jourdan, Galik, Krug, Virzine, Frank, Peternell, Swanson
I am specifically looking for Otto and Norman Matz's children and grandchildren. I know they are around, because every time I visit Mt. Auburn Cemetery in Stickney, Illinois where my grandparents, mother and the rest of my Jourdan and Peternell family is, I see someone has put flowers on the Matz graves.

My mother was Frieda Peternell of Berwyn who married Orville St. Clair of Lyons, Illinois. Frieda was the daughter of Susan Jourdan and Edward Peternell.

My great-aunt, Johannah (Hannah)Jourdan, sister of Susan Jourdan, married Julius Herman Matz in Chicago in 1909.

Julius was the son of Hermann Matz born in Pomerania Germany, and Louise Krueger.

Hermann was the son of Daniel and Johanna Matz.

Known children of Hermann and Louise are:
Otto married Anna Virzine
William
Ida married Henry Frank
Frank
Paul
and about two more but I don't have their names.

This family settled in the Hodgkins/Willow Springs area, Cook County, Illinois. Several of the older children moved to LaGrange/Congress Park/Brookfield area in Cook County, Illinois.

Julius and Hannah lived in Cicero near Hannah's Jourdan family.

They had two children, Otto F. b. 1912 d. 1967 and Norman W. , b. 1918 d. 1977.

Otto married Stella Galik and they had a daughter named Arlene b. 1934. Arlene was married twice that I know of. Last known name is Krug, daughter Sandra b. 1963.

Norman married and divorced Virginia LNU. They had two children, a daughter name unknown and a son named Robert.

Julius, Hannah, Otto and his wife Stella, and Norman are buried in Mt. Auburn Cemetery in Stickney, Cook County, Illinois with my great-grandparents, David and Babette Jourdan, and Hannah's brother Richard.

The majority of the other Matz family members married into other local families in the LaGrange/Willow Springs area, which included Pankow, Conrad, Virzine, Frank, and others. Most of these families are buried in St John's Lutheran Cemetery in Hodgkins Illinois.

If anyone has information on my Matz family and knows where my cousins are, please write to me. Thank you.

Carole Grant
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CSG93 25 Jul 2009 5:12PM GMT 
mda0057 17 May 2011 3:04AM GMT 
chpankowsr 13 Jul 2011 6:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions