Search for content in message boards

Maxwell in Brazil

Replies: 3

Re: Maxwell in Brazil

Pati de Wardener (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2006 2:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Maxwell, Jones
More on Joseph Maxwell married to Rosa Maria de Souza He was born Gibraltar, father was Emmanuel (Manoel) born in Ireland. One of Josephs daughters, Amalia, was born in Stroud Parish, Glouscestershire England, but married a Rudge in Brazil they had quite a few children. A lot of this info is on "One Great Family", but have found some other sites that are in Portugese that have added bits and pieces.
I'm looking for connection to Isabel/Isabelle Maxwell who married William Francis Jones (died before 1870) Wm's brother John (of Tarrytown, NY) Contested Wm's will. This is documented in legal notices of "The Brooklyn Eagle" Isabel/Isabelle is my husbands g or gggrandmother. His Paternal grandmother was Gabrielle Saportas, daughter of Edouard Saportas of Antwerp then NY. Edouard Sr. or Jr. handled some sort of financial goings on with Thomas Edison.

Know the Maxwell connection is in there somewhere, it sure doesn't help that a lot of female children in Brazil had the prename Maria which was listed as Mary if they came to the States. Case in point is the Baltimore census which lists Jose Maxwell as having 2 daughters of different ages named Mary. Any info on the travels and marriages of the Brazil Maxwells would be appreciated
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Misha-G 5 Oct 2000 5:54PM GMT 
pati141 7 Nov 2005 7:47PM GMT 
Pati de Wardener 1 Jun 2006 8:41PM GMT 
i315 12 Nov 2012 5:55AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions