Search for content in message boards

McABEE DNA - Robert Franklin McABEE b. 1859 Graves Co. KY USA

Replies: 1

McABEE DNA - Robert Franklin McABEE b. 1859 Graves Co. KY USA

Posted: 3 Mar 2003 12:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Apr 2003 1:08AM GMT
Surnames: McAbee
As part of a genealogy study, a McAbee uncle recently had a yDNA test done. Turns out, his DNA is utterly different from any other DNA on file. Doesn't fit any known haplogroup. Lots of head scratching going on.

I'm wondering if any other male McAbees (the male in question must carry the McAbee surname) might be interested in doing yDNA tests, and pooling results (which we could post to a website) to see if other McAbees also carry this rare DNA pattern. At the very least we should be able to confirm actual genetic "kinship" given this unusual DNA. After my uncle's results came in, Family Tree DNA suggested we cross-check the yDNA of "distant'' cousins. Unfortunately, we don't have any known "distant" cousins to cross check, hence this posting.

As to our particular branch of McAbees: My g grandfather was Robert Franklin McAbee, born in Graves County Kentucky in 1859. He had one surviving brother named Barton Charles McAbee, born 1854. Their father, my gg grandfather, was Robert Charles McAbee, born abt 1831 in South Carolina. His parents and siblings are unknown at his point, and he doesn't show up in the 1850 census or any records prior to his marriage in 1852. Robert Charles moved his family from Kentucky to Illinois around 1870, although both Barton and Robert Frankin moved back south - to northwest Arkansas.

If anyone is interested in putting together a McAbee DNA study, please contact me at the email address above.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
marigoldcastl... 3 Mar 2003 7:22PM GMT 
joe_mcabee1 25 Jun 2012 2:29AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions