Search for content in message boards

Wallace McAllister

Replies: 1

Wallace McAllister

Posted: 11 Aug 2013 4:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McAllister
I'm looking for information on my grandfather. All I have are stories I've been told and my fathers legal birth certificate. My father was born Wallace Glenn McAllister, his parents were Wallace Hugh McAllister and Tillie Victoria Ambrose, it does not say if they were married or not, I'm going to assume so because Tillie was using the McAllister name when filing the informtion on my fathers birth certificate. My grandfather was born around 1918 in Tennessee and my grandmother was born around 1917 in West Virginia. According to this record Wallace and Tillies had 7 children including my father at the time of his birth. Wallace was working for Buick at the time and they all lived or resided at the Gibson Hotel in Lapeer, Michigan in 1955. I am looking for the other 6 children. I'm looking for the marrage, birth and death certificates for my grandparents and I am hoping and someone else is out there looking for these two lost souls. Please if you have any information on my family let me know.

The story I have heard is this. When my father was 4, about 1959, my grandfather lost the right, ability, to raise his children due to a drinking problem and my grandmother went crazy and could not care for the children, they were taken for my grandparents and adopted out. Whiether or not this is true I do not know. I do know that my father was adopted.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
NiccyV 11 Aug 2013 10:58PM GMT 
CMcAlisterBre... 12 Aug 2013 4:26PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic