Searching for ancestral lineage of Anne/Anna McBride born circa 1800-1810, thought to be daughter of James McBride of Antrim or County Down, Northern Ireland.
Anna McBride married James Moore of Newtownards County Down in circa 1826. James was a flax/grower farmer and leased
land from the Marquis of Londonderry.
1. *William Moore born 1827-1910 - married Sophia Macdonald
in 1860. She was born in 1841 - place unknown, parents
unknown, siblings unknown. Sophia died in Belfast 1890
and is buried with William at St Elizabeth's
Presbyterian Church, Dundonald. They were farmers -
growers of Flax and leased their land from the Marquis
2. Elizabeth Moore born c. 1829 - believed to have married
Daniel or David Rea, either married in Belfast
or Victoria Australia. Known children: Anna Rea,
Daniel or David Rea.
3. ANNA MOORE born 31st March, 1838 - married Andrew
Bowden, son of William Bowden and Agnes Moore of
Craigauntlet, Newtownards, County Down Northern Ireland.
4. Alexander Moore born 1842, married Jane ROBB in 1866.
They were farmers at Killarn, County Down
*WILLIAM MOORE (1827-1910) was my great grandfather.
He and Sophia nee Macdonald had the following known children. (They were married in 1860.
Twin sons that died in infancy. Twins were said to have come from Sophia Macdonald's mother's side of the family.
1. ANNA ELIZABETH MOORE born 1864
Married Andrew Bowden, son of James Bowden and Jane
Moore of Craigauntlet.
2. JAMES MOORE born 1866 - went to Canada and then probably
New Zealand and Australia. Returned to Ireland at
3. THOMAS MOORE - went to Canada, and then probably
New Zealand and Australia.
4. GRACE MOORE - married John Kenwell Kirkpatrick
Kirkpatrick family were from Northern Ireland but Grace
came to Western Australia and married
John K. Kirkpatrick in c.1904 at Kalgoorlie.
They later moved to Donnybrook, Western Australia and
became early pioneers there. Their family had married
into the Bowden family and the Coulter family - the
grandsons of today are named Arthur BOWDEN Kirkpatrick
and Robert Murray COULTER Kirkpatrick.
5. MARTHA MOORE - went to Victoria, Australia, probably
to join her Aunt Elizabeth Rea (nee Moore). Martha
married Percy Bowery in Victoria and had 4 daughters.
6. ELLEN MOORE - went to Toronto, Canada, Thought to have
married an Irwin - either married in Northern Ireland
or in Canada. Had 4 boys and 3 daughters - and must
have been widowed because husband does not appear in
photos taken in Toronto.
7. MARY MOORE born c. 1875 - married James Taggart in
Northern Ireland - probably Belfast
8. SOPHIA MOORE born c.1876 - no other details except
she was 25 in the Census of 1901 and was living with
her father William Moore.
9. WILLIAM JOHN ALEXANDER MOORE thought to have died
in 1890 - same year as his mother, Sophia
10. ROBERT MOORE born 1880-1957. Came to Western Australia
in 1898, and settled at Kalgoorlie during Gold Rush
Days. Married Amelia Maryanne Burns, daughter of Jane
nee Burns and Samuel Williams. Robert and Amelia later
settled in Perth. Children: Robert Burns Moore (dec.)
and twins, my father,Lindsay Auburn Moore (dec),
and William Henry Moore.
JAMES MOORE my great great grandfather who married Anna McBride, is thought to be son of a William Moore who was married to someone 'Lin' which may stand for surname of Lindsay. It is thought that James' brothers included
CHARLES MOORE who married JANE KENNEDY in 1834
JOHN MOORE who married SARAH LOWRY in 1834
THOMAS MOORE who married MARY WALLACE in c1834
SAMUEL MOORE (?)
ALEXANDER MOORE (?)
HUGH MOORE (?)
The brothers were all growers of Flax. If anyone has any information regarding any of the families mentioned, it would be most appreciated. Thank you.