McBroom/ Short

Replies: 0

McBroom/ Short

Posted: 7 Mar 2003 10:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McBroom/Short/Thompson/Walker/Denny/Dunfee
hi Vicki,

I'm back....

ok, here is what i have....if you see anything that is not correct, please correct me!! thanks...

I didn't have any other info on Joseph Dunfee than what you posted.....Emma Jane born May 08, 1857 in Pulaski Co., IN, they married April 12, 1876 in Pulaski Co., IN

Emma's parents were Silas Short (born October 27, 1823 , died March 07, 1872) and Mary Ann Walker (born Abt. 1826) they married January 04, 1855 in Pulaski Co., IN

Emma's full sister was Angeline Mary Short born December 13, 1855

Those were the two children i have for Silas and Mary Ann Walker. Mary Ann was his 2nd wife. Silas's first wife was Mary Ann Thompson (born 1823, died January 17, 1852) they married March 04, 1841 in Cass County, IN

the children of Silas and Mary Ann Thompson were:

Nancy A. Short b. 4/12/1842

Wellington Short b. 1845

George Washington Short b. 11/27/1847

and William S. Short b. May 1850

George Washington Short is my gg grandpa... he married twice... his first wife was Mary McBroom b. September 12, 1849 they married August 23, 1868

their children were:

Margaret b. 1874

Noah L. b. April 05, 1878

Amy Edith b. March 27, 1880

Effie F. b. April 23, 1882

and Frederick Pershing Short b. October 17, 1884 in La Porte, Marshall Co., IN d. in La Porte, Marshall Co., IN. He had been married twice.(but I only have a little info on Hattie, none on the other wife) Somewhere along the way, the name Boone came in connection with Hattie... do you know anything about that?? had she been married to a Boone before Fred? Fred and Hattie were married in Plymouth, Marshall Co., IN. Both were burried in Salem Chapel Cemetery; La Porte, IN

George Washington Short's 2nd marriage was to Flora Malinda Denny b. May 31, 1860 They married November 28, 1888 in Argos, Marshal Co., IN ..if you want their children, i can give that to you too... let me know

My line comes in if you go up to Fred's sister Amy Edith... she is my great grandmother. she married Alpheus Calvenus Wagenman...one of her daughters was Bessie, who married Elmer Mengel, and they had 4 kids, one was Sharon who married Clarence Olson, and they had 7 kids, one was me, Tara

can you walk me down your line so i can add you to my tree? I hope this has helped a little.. sorry i don't have more in the Dunfee side...

hope you are nice and warm down in texas!! it is pretty chilly here up in Billings, Montana!!! I'll be looking forward to hearing from you again....

Tara Olson

Vicki Smith <vsmith@premium-electronics.com> wrote:

Hello Tara,

Greetings! Thanks for answering my post. Well, how interesting?! I really didn't know for sure if Emma and Fredrick (correct spelling, thank you) SHORTs were even related, however, should have suspected such as it appears usual for siblings to marry siblings, or others from the same family, etc. Occurs many times in my family tree.

Harriet (Aunt Hat, as she was also called) DUNFEE would be my great grandaunt, I guess. She is my greatgrandmother's sister. My records show she was born on 26 Oct 1882 in Fulton Co, Indiana (daughter of Thomas DUNFEE and Margaret OVERMYER) and died 23 Aug 1975 in Breman, Marshall County, Indiana. Hat married Fredrick SHORT (b. 17 Oct 1884, d. 12 Sep 1956) on 19 Dec 1917. Do you know where they were married and where they are buried? I am only able to go back two more generations beyond Harriet but have lots of info on her siblings.

Joseph W. DUNFEE is a brother of Thomas DUNFEE (above). I am Thomas' great-great granddaughter. My records show Joseph was born Mar 1858 (son of Joseph Dunfee and Margaret UNKNOWN) in Tippecanoe Township, Pulaski Co., Indiana, and married Emma Jane (thank you again) SHORT on 12 Apr 1876 in Pulaski Co. I do not have a accurate birth or death date/place for Emma, nor do I have death date/place of Joseph. I only show one child, Nellie (b. unknown, d. 1920).

Would love to share info and/or answer any questions you may have on the DUNFEE's.

Cheers!
Vicki Smith
Houston, Texas

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 10:35 PM
To: vsmith@premium-electronics.com
Cc: SHORT-L@rootsweb.com
Subject: short/dunfee connection

Hi,

I am the 2nd great grand-neice of Emma Jane Short, and Fredrick Pershing short is my great grand uncle.... i would love to exchange information with you

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions