Search for content in message boards

John "Jack" McCafferty and Betsy Byrd, Union SC

Replies: 1

Re: John "Jack" McCafferty and Betsy Byrd, Union SC

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 8:40AM GMT
Classification: Query

Mary Ellen emailed me directly. Let me share my old FTM site with anyone who wishes to use my notes.

I began researching my McCafferty lineage in the early 1970's while living in the Washington, DC area. There were others researching long before me who left bits and pieces of old family lore, family names, places and sometimes dates, bibles, photographs.

During my research I traveled all over the country from courthouse to courthouse, descendant to descendant, grave site to grave site. My travels took me from the Shenandoah Valley to Union, SC to Washington, IN, Alabama, Tennessee and of course my home state of Texas.

I tried to document on paper as much as one could for validation of our line.

I am descendant of Cormac McCafferty, John & Besty, Green & Letty, George Washington McCafferty was my great Great Grandfather and his son, Charles Burton my great grandfather.

Many of the people I interviewed are long gone now. The process of research as changed much. Rarely are courthouses visited and long travels taken for research. A click on the mouse is about as far as most people go. Not near as interesting nor as much fun as actually walking through waist high prairie grass to get to an old abandoned cemetery or digging through the basement of dusty, mildew courthouses or turning pages of an old family album belonging to a person who didn't know 5 minutes before, but now you are family.

So please, use my site if I can be of help let me know. I am always wanting to meet a new cousin.

Donna Humphrey-Donnell
Fort Worth Texas

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mary_Drolet13 17 Mar 2013 11:26AM GMT 
donnadonnell 17 Mar 2013 2:40PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic