Search for content in message boards

Charles McCarthy m. Elizabeth Chadderdon - KS

Replies: 1

Re: Charles McCarthy m. Elizabeth Chadderdon - KS

Posted: 21 Sep 2013 8:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McCarty, McCarthy, McCoy, Chatterton
Charles McCarty (McCarthy) who married Elizabeth Chatterton was my 2x great grandfather. I understand from family history notes that they married in Albany, New York but have not yet found a record to prove this. In those same notes was the comment that Elizabeth's father fought with Wellington at the Battle of Waterloo. In my public tree: Robert McCoy Walker Ancestor Tree I have attached a record for a Lt. James Chatterton who fought at the battle of Waterloo. I need more to prove a connection but this was an exciting find that might confirm the family story. The same notes said that Charles was in the civil war but I could not find him for the longest time, then I found him as a member of the 25th Missouri (which recruited in Troy, Doniphan, Kansas) along with his son John who was only 15 at the time. I confirmed this through service records on Fold 3 which list their ages and towns. Charles left as disabled soon after enlistment and that left young John alone. The records show that he deserted and then tried to have it overturned later but was denied. All this was on Fold 3.
I am a descendant of their daughter, Mary E. McCarthy who married Thomas A. McCoy. Their daughter Gertrude E. McCoy married Carroll Walker and they are my grandparents.

Margel Walker Soderberg
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bev DePriest 30 Jun 2006 8:35PM GMT 
margelsews 21 Sep 2013 2:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic