Search for content in message boards

McCarthy Family

Replies: 3

McCarthy Family

Posted: 30 May 2012 10:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Ok ~ very new to this kind of family search thing! Understand, from Ancestry.com that Irish family history is one of the most difficult to trace, as the Irish didn't keep the best of records! (Bummer)!! My mother, as well as her parents & husband's parents, as far as I can trace, were all born in the US. My great-grandparents were either born in Ireland (all listed as "Irish Free-State" on the censuses I've read, or perhaps England? ~ just not certain).
I have traced a Bernard Carroll, back to 1872, who embarked ffrom Ireland in Queensland & arrived in the US on 9/18/1893, at the age of 21. Bernard was either married to a Mary Cousins, or somehow was connected to her, as there were two children listed: Robert Cousins, who in the 1910 census was listed as being age 18, and his sibling, Mary was listed as age 16. Bernard married Ann(ie) O'Brien, who immigrated in 1898, from Ireland ~ a year after Bernard Carroll immigrated. They married and had the following children: Anna (b.1899), Dennis (b.1901), Catherine (sometimes listed as Kathleen (b.1903), Bernard (b.1905), and Elizabeth (b.1908). Both Robert E. Cousins (age 18) and Mary Cousins (age 16) were listed in the 1910 Census as step-children.
If anyone out here can fill in some of the blanks, that would be awesome!
Look forward to hearing from the Irish :}
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ShNewbill 31 May 2012 4:31AM GMT 
bernicewheatl... 3 Oct 2012 4:55PM GMT 
bernicewheatl... 3 Oct 2012 5:39PM GMT 
bernicewheatl... 3 Oct 2012 6:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic