Search for content in message boards

Mary McCarthy of Brooklyn, NY

Replies: 1

Mary McCarthy of Brooklyn, NY

Lisa Titow (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2000 3:25AM GMT
Mary was my Great-Grandmother. I can only go back to her parents, which is all that my family's memory remembers. Because McCarthy is such a common name, I can't sift through the online records because I don't have enough information.

Mary was the daughter of Mary Burke and UNKNOWN McCarthy. They may have been storekeepers, possibly a dry-goods store. Mary and UNKNOWN also had a daughter Stella and a son, Joseph, who married a woman named Hannah. We know nothing about what happened to them.

Mary married twice. First to William Hollis, my biological great-grandfather. (There are nine million William Hollis') He died young under mysterious circumstances. His body was found by railroad tracks in Brooklyn. He had been dead for several days. He was also an alcoholic. They had my Grandmother. Officially, she was Alice Mary Hollis. However, she always thought it was Mary Alice Hollis; her friends called her Mae.

There is a memory of Mae mentioning some siblings, but, it looks like she may have been the only one to live long enough to have children. Mae was born March 16, 1907 in Brooklyn, NY and died November 16, 1986 in Coney Island Hospital in Brooklyn, NY.

Thank you for any and all help.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lisa Titow 20 Jul 2000 9:25AM GMT 
paul_eclipse 14 Jun 2013 6:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions