Search for content in message boards

Benjamin B McCoy

Replies: 14

Re: Benjamin B McCoy

Posted: 8 Mar 2012 11:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Steven, BB McCoy had 4 wives...I stumbled upon a document that would support Lydia, who shows up with him in the 1850 and 1860 census', is actually # 3...

1. Lucinda Arms
2. Unknown
3. Lydia
4. Melinda Nix

My great grandfather was BB McCoy's son John C McCoy who was with wife #2...Other son's with #2 were Wm Henry McCoy, Peter D McCoy...

I found my great grandfather (John C McCoy) Confederate Pension application...Mary C McCoy ( BB McCoy's daughter) made a statement in his application " I have known him my whole life as he is my 1/2 brother.." This would mean that, starting with Mary C McCoy through Winnie McCoy, they were from his 3rd wife Lydia...

Emily McCoy, who is listed in BB McCoy house on the 1850 and 1860 census's, was not his daughter..According to her DC her father was a James M McCoy of GA...The informat was Winnie McCoy...I have no info on this James M McCoy as there are many James McCoy's in GA...

BB McCoy also had a son with Melinda Nix..Born around 1870..Thomas Ira McCoy...Melinda Nix died after his birth, as well as BB..Winnie McCoy took the boy and raised him as her own son..I don't know why she did this as he was her 1/2 brother...Thomas Ira mcCoy died in 1938..All I know about him is he was a Freemason...

Roberta McCoy Klamm
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
TMH4321 1 Dec 2007 3:52AM GMT 
Steven McCoy 11 Nov 2008 4:49AM GMT 
romccoyklamm 9 Mar 2012 6:00AM GMT 
mlq401 22 Oct 2008 11:23PM GMT 
Steven McCoy 11 Nov 2008 5:05AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic