Search for content in message boards

mcdade's from ireland/scotland

Replies: 2

mcdade's from ireland/scotland

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 2:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Aug 2012 8:57AM GMT
Surnames: mcdade
I am currently looking for a james mcdade who was from ireland, he married elizabeth hart in paisley(scotland) on the 28th july 1810 under the name mcdead. All i know is that he was a mason and died in november 1846 in paisley. he had 3 sons. james(1819)(my great, great,great great grandfather), william(1822) and also alexander(1823)who was in the 91st regiment a foot. he also had 5daughters. so far i have found that mcdaid, mcdade, mcdead, mcdivott and mcdavit our all used as there surnames. his wife elizabeth hart was born in 1792 in paisley, so i believe his birth maybe around that time. I haven't found any passengers list and I'm not sure if he came over to Scotland alone or with his Irish family. Any help would be greatly appreciated. His first 3 children were born in lochwinnoch and christened as mcdavid but the rest of the children were christened as mcdaid. I have a list of dates and all there names. I have a poor law record belonging to elizabeth hart widow of james mcdivott. after cross referencing everything. this is his wife. I'm really beginning to wonder what the family name really is. james from ireland has made it very difficult to trace him.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hayley_mcdade 22 Aug 2012 8:39PM GMT 
BridgetteA83 29 Aug 2012 11:12PM GMT 
hayley_mcdade 30 Aug 2012 9:15AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions