Search for content in message boards

Allen/Allin McDaniel of Davie County, North Carolina

Replies: 0

Allen/Allin McDaniel of Davie County, North Carolina

Posted: 29 Jun 2014 4:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McDaniel, Daniels, Donald, McDonald, McDaniels, Bart
I am at a crossroads in my research. I am looking for information for my 3rd Great Grandfather, one Allen McDaniel born about 1805 probably in Davie County, North Carolina. He married one Rebecca BART (Her parents are unknown).

They appear on the 1850 Census as is listed below:
Source Citation: Year: 1850; Census Place: , Davie, North Carolina; Roll: M432_628; Page: 397A; Image: 358.

Their 1st child, my 2nd Great Grandmother was born about 1834 (there is some speculation that she may have been the second child but dates do no coincide with the census) Her name was Amanda America Clementine McDaniel. So I am guessing their marriage was between 1830-1834, no record of that as of yet.

There are appear to be at least three if not 4 Allen McDaniel`s residing in the Davie County and Rowan County east of the Yadkin River areas. I am having trouble sorting out which of them if any are my Grandfather. Wondering if possibly his fathers name was Allen as well, there is one instance of an Allen McDaniel Sr and Jr appearing on Census records which leads me to believe it may have been father and son.

I have in my possession a North Carolina estate file for Grandfather Allen, date September of 1858. I have 9 children listed for Allen and Rebecca, (her birth surname has been verified using the death record of her youngest daughter where her mother`s maiden name is listed within).

Their children's names were: Mary, Amanda, Letitia, George Washington, Eli Henry Lee, Lewis, Allen Jr, Sarah and Margaret.

I have several DNA connections to folks who descend from : McDaniel, McDaniels, Donald, Daniels, McDonald and other surname variants. Thus far no one from Davie County in North Carolina. Would appreciate any input if anyone has any or knows anything about any of the McDaniel family from Davie County, North Carolina.

Find a board about a specific topic