Search for content in message boards

Murdoch McDuffie

Replies: 11

Re: Murdoch McDuffie

Posted: 9 Nov 2010 9:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Susan, unfortunately I didn't prove Murdock and Josephine's father, M.C. (I'm assuming he's their father.) I did have a great time and learned a lot more about researching in MS and AL. I've come away with some good leads on other places to look, mainly for the other children that were on the 1860 census in Lauderdale Cty. I searched 7 volumes of cemetery inventories and info from the churches. They do not have death records for MS at the Family History Library in SLC (mainly because MS wouldn't release them to the library), but I was told by an expert consultant that I should be able to find them in the branch of the National Archives in Denver. I'm not sure when I will be able to go there. I have a lot of catch up to do after being gone for 10 days. I started looking in Jones County (which is next door to Lauderdale) for the sons. I have found a John, but haven't proved that he's our John yet (Murdock/Josephine's brother). The kids were nowhere to be found in Lauderdale Cty, so I figured they must have gone somewhere nearby. Also Gr-Aunt Murtie (Murdock's oldest daughter) was born in Laurel, MS (Jones Cty)before they moved to TX. So, that was a good place to start and then I found the John I spoke of. I found Murtie's death certificate. I had found online conflicting info. Some census records said she was born in MS and others in TX, so was glad to find this source. Guess that's all for now. I'll be delving more into what you sent me, maybe next week. sue
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SueMBuckner 10 Nov 2010 4:10AM GMT 
SueMBuckner 3 Jan 2012 6:31AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions