Search for content in message boards

McGaha Family Trees

Replies: 3

Re: McGaha Family Trees

Posted: 3 Mar 2012 2:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McGaha
For starters, there is no proof that Elizabeth, wife of William McGaha, and mother of Samuel and Mary, and who lived in Cocke Co, Tn, was a Burlison. That was my speculation based on Samuel naming a son Isaac Burlison McGaha and having Isaac Burlison as a neighbor. That Isaac Burlison deeded land in Cocke County to Elizabeth McGaughey, but the deed is torn and hard to read and has the date missing.
2nd, there was an older Samuel McGaha living in the Big Ivy area of Buncombe Co, NC (now Madison Co) with Isaac Burlison, John Giles, William Ramsey, and Holoway Giles as neighbors. I suspect this Samuel was the father of William, who married Elizabeth.
FYI - Elizabeth remarried to Henry Miller after William died.
If anyone has proof that Elizabeth was a Burlison, I'd like a copy.
Have any of the McGaha men had their Y-DNA tested to see if it matches the clan of William McGaughey of Pennsylvania?

Bruce Price, s/o Darrell Price, s/o Samuel Jackson Price, s/o Christina Jane McGaha, d/o William H. McGaha, s/o Samuel McGaha, s/o William and Elizabeth.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lanoueb 7 Aug 2011 1:50PM GMT 
SamuelMc1 14 Nov 2011 1:31PM GMT 
joannimaroni 30 Jan 2012 1:24PM GMT 
Fuzzface 3 Mar 2012 9:17PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions