Search for content in message boards

Grundy VA McGlothlins

Replies: 1

Grundy VA McGlothlins

Posted: 21 Jan 2002 8:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Dec 2002 6:39PM GMT
Oh, how I wish I could give you her name. I was such a novice at the time, I had no idea how many of "us" there are, and how prolific our ancestors had been! I remember him telling me that I had stronger ties to the Jacob line, and he was of the John line. Since that time, however, I have discovered how overlapping the family ties became because of the cousin marriages.

Don A. McGlothlin, Sr. was an attorney, and had served in the Virginia Senate, first, and then in the House of Representatives. He and another distant cousins had shared the cost of a genealogist who was trying to find the actual name of "J" McGlothlin, so he was not overly free with the information. I understood that since he was paying for those services, he felt the right to protect his investment, so didn't pry. I really wish I could tap into his vast reservoir now, because I have worked out a lot of the puzzle.

Sorry, I am not much help, but I hope you might have a few tidbits that might help. Either way, thanks for responding. I am close to being ready to put my findings on the web, but I want to close some gaps a little more, first.

Joan
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
joanlukichj 22 Jan 2002 3:42AM GMT 
Mloulap 8 Jul 2013 11:47PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions