Search for content in message boards

Lookup request from the "Book of McKee"

Replies: 52

Re: Lookup request from the "Book of McKee"

Posted: 25 Jul 2012 8:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Matt,

Thanks for the post. I also have the Book of McKee. Sorry about the ongoing title of this long thread being somewhat misleading.

My husband's McKee lineage is of Ambrose McKee of Mecklenburg Co NC. Ambrose died there in 1785 and his LW&T was presented to that county court in the fall session for probate. He wrote his LW&T in 1779 and mentioned his seven children, four sons and three daughters, by name. A record of the Sale of Estate was found in the state archives and said sale was held Dec 1785 with the final accounting apparently going all the way past 1800 when his wife, Eleanor, a couple of the sons and (most likely) brother-in-law, James McKee, as parties to the sale of the real estate and also in Mecklenburg Co North Carolina courts. At least several of the children were in Rutherford Co Tennessee by 1804.

This lineage of my husband which is also proven and firmly documentd with matching yDNA results with another descendant of Ambrose McKee at Rutherford Co TN, and they both match a claimed male descendant of the author of the "Book of McKee" very closely IF the person who has the ownership of those yDNA results came out to the public. The result is my husband's #1 match at 111 markers on the FTDNA results. The owner of the results first claimed the results were wrong but apparently after she checked them out she withdrew them from the matches and changed her account to FTDNA private. However, the match still shows up as grayed out. I also have earlier email exchanges with the owner, Susie or Susan or some such I think it is, of these results documented that I am willing to share.

Not that I give a hoot about being kin to someone now living who does not wish to be kin as is their right but it is sort of nice to have ready reference to all that research and know you have the yDNA to back it up. Of course, that is only as good as the claims about the results of the owner and her (Susie, Susan) statement of her brother's descent from the author of said book.

Your kind mention for when receiving THE book is very gracious and appreciated. Are you a McKee? Are you in our McKee Group at FTDNA?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lindaspc4mc 23 Jul 2012 1:40PM GMT 
dancooper1 23 Jul 2012 3:06PM GMT 
lindaspc4mc 24 Jul 2012 8:00AM GMT 
dancooper1 24 Jul 2012 4:14PM GMT 
lindaspc4mc 24 Jul 2012 4:43PM GMT 
s0621a2001m 25 Jul 2012 12:39PM GMT 
lindaspc4mc 25 Jul 2012 2:11PM GMT 
s0621a2001m 25 Jul 2012 2:23PM GMT 
lindaspc4mc 25 Jul 2012 4:03PM GMT 
s0621a2001m 28 Jul 2012 2:04PM GMT 
per page