Search for content in message boards

Lookup request from the "Book of McKee"

Replies: 52

Re: Lookup request from the "Book of McKee"

Posted: 22 Apr 2010 1:41PM GMT
Classification: Biography
I am trying to find something to give me an idea of how the southern, Ky and Va.Kerr's Creek McKees verify calling David McKee, father of John, McKeesport founder, a family member.
For years of tracing all the children, (I think) of David, the immigrant from Ireland and Margaret
unk. I have never found any of David's bros being in U.S. Ilene, if you read this, I'm sure you know that I once printed that only David and a bro., forgot which one, maybe Andrw, came to U. S. They're parents were John and Esther Hawthorne. You were interested in the brother, and I had nothing but a message board note with no references. Did you ever find any proof of him coming over? The parents of the southern Mc Kees were Miriam and Wm. McKee. (Their kids apparently came years earlier.) This couple also stayed in Ireland, but the names of their children are so similar to Esther and John'sand all were in the Revol. and frontiersmen. All of Miriams kids stayed in the south,and I have bio's of David and Margaret, their kids and some of their kids, who were all very near my Sam'l in Westmorland C.
Also, Allegheny Co., (McK.Prt in Alleg. but it was Westmor. then).
I'm not being critical, but if I know who David's parents were, and that all his kids stayed in Pa., and
RockBridge group knows all about their family and the kids, (showing only David being in McKeesport,)how can they list their David, b.1710-1795, wife Margaret, as a brother of their group? They are two different families.
Even my great grandad, his dad and Saml., whom our family had always thought was David's son, were still in Westmorland. It appears he is a cousins, but I have no idea who he would be. He rode at Bunker Hill with Capt. Robert McK. If some of
the Rockbridge group can clear me up on this, I'd appreciate it. Thanks, Donna
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DonnaSeeley18 22 Apr 2010 7:41PM GMT 
R M 2 Mar 2011 1:47AM GMT 
dreynolds1112 15 Apr 2010 3:50PM GMT 
s0620a2001m 20 Apr 2010 3:07PM GMT 
barbourboys2 20 Apr 2010 3:13PM GMT 
ijones62 22 Apr 2010 2:18AM GMT 
debsutherland... 18 Jul 2012 6:07AM GMT 
dmolsen10 23 Jan 2013 2:15PM GMT 
jbhart1016 23 Jan 2013 3:51PM GMT 
dmolsen10 23 Jan 2013 8:51PM GMT