Search for content in message boards

Book of McKee

Replies: 18

Re: Book of McKee

Posted: 14 Aug 2012 6:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Donna I actually have a son Samuel H McKee who is also a son of the Charles McKee I mentioned. Basically where I am at is this. I know that my 4th great grandfather is Alexander McKee married to Tabitha Waddell. Both Scots names..... Alex was born in PA but I am not quite sure where. I guess what I need to do is research Tabitha's fathers where about because they seemed to moved together from place to place and the waddell's and McKees inter married! Samuel H was born in 1806 in Pennsylvania as well. From a history of Knox county it mentions Charles coming to Knox county from Ireland, but I know that isn't correct if he is indeed my grandfathers father because he was born in PA. I have charle's will and Samuel was his first executor and then it was passed on to Alex as Samuel got tired of dealing with a younger sister that wanted her share of the land and I don't know if she ever got it! LOL
But Samuel washed his hands of it and an alexander mcKee took over I am still trying to figure out if it was MY alex or not! Ah the fun of family history research!
I have a theory that there was a big family of sons from the research I did and then came over in waves. I don't know if Charles was born in Ireland or PA. But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he was. So I just keep plugging away. But I do know he had a son named Sameul!

Deb
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Shannon_McKee... 12 Aug 2012 5:42AM GMT 
debsutherland... 14 Aug 2012 3:38AM GMT 
seeleys1 14 Aug 2012 7:55PM GMT 
debsutherland... 15 Aug 2012 12:40AM GMT 
PhilJackson52 15 Aug 2012 4:27PM GMT 
debsutherland... 15 Aug 2012 6:38PM GMT 
PhilJackson52 16 Aug 2012 4:13PM GMT 
PhilJackson52 20 Jan 2013 1:22PM GMT 
HMcKeeJr 15 Sep 2012 4:40PM GMT 
cadream1 22 Sep 2012 5:39AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions