Search for content in message boards

Book of McKee

Replies: 18

Re: Book of McKee

Posted: 7 Oct 2012 8:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hello I am researching my McKee/McGowan/Agnew/Mullin family history. My Mother's parents were both born in Northern Ireland. My Grandma Molly (Mary Elizabeth Mullan or Mullin or Mullen) was born in Belfast about 1908 and my Grandpa William (Bill) James McKee was born in 1896 in Bangor, County Down, Northern Ireland. My Grandpa and Grandma McKee were both long gone before I was born. They both moved to Windsor, Ontario, Canada at different times and married in Detroit, Michigan, USA, but lived in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. I know that my Grandpa's father was James William McKee born October 30, 1862 in Bangor and died May 23, 1919. James' married Jane McGowan McKee at St. Anne Cathedral in Belfast, NI. Jane was born Oct 25, 1866 in Holywood, County Down, Northern Ireland and died on July 4, 1934. Her parents were Hugh McGowan & Mary Agnew McGowan. James and Jane had four boys, My Grandpa William James (Bill), John Wesley (Wesley), and twins Marshall & George. My Grandpa and Wesley's family all lived in Canada, but the twins stayed in Bangor, and their offspring mainly still live there now. I have found them and visited them in 2004, but they know nothing of the history. The above James William McKee's parents were: John McKee Born to: William McKee & Agnes McKee Born: 1835 Birthplace: Bangor, County Down, Northern Ireland Died: July 24, 1920 at the age of 85 years Died in: Te Puke, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand Married to: Sarah McKee (Father was John McKee) Born: 1833 Birthplace: Demense area of Bangor, County Down, Northern Ireland Died: July 14, 1870 at the age of 37 years Died in: Bangor, County Down, Northern Ireland Parents Of: John, James, Agnes, Margaret More????????? (William John was called just John, Dec 21,1857, married a woman named Ethel and moved to Pennsylvania, we have a letter he wrote to his brother James from the USA
Hi I am wanting to find someone to look up my McKee's in the book of McKee's. Can you direct me to someone that can help me.
Thank you,
Marjorie Munroe
London, Ontario, Canada
maplenation@sympatico.ca

I am researching my McKee/McGowan/Agnew/Mullin family history.
My Mother's parents were both born in Northern Ireland. My Grandma Molly (Mary Elizabeth Mullan or Mullin or Mullen) was born in Belfast about 1908 and my Grandpa William (Bill) James McKee was born in 1896 in Bangor, County Down, Northern Ireland. My Grandpa and Grandma McKee were both long gone before I was born.
They both moved to Windsor, Ontario, Canada at different times and married in Detroit, Michigan, USA, but lived in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.

I know that my Grandpa's father was James William McKee born October 30, 1862 in Bangor and died May 23, 1919.
James' married Jane McGowan McKee at St. Anne Cathedral in Belfast, NI.
Jane was born Oct 25, 1866 in Holywood, County Down, Northern Ireland and died on July 4, 1934. Her parents were Hugh McGowan & Mary Agnew McGowan.
James and Jane had four boys, My Grandpa William James (Bill), John Wesley (Wesley), and twins Marshall & George. My Grandpa and Wesley's family all lived in Canada, but the twins stayed in Bangor, and their offspring mainly still live there now. I have found them and visited them in 2004, but they know nothing of the history.

The above James William McKee's parents were:
John McKee
Born to: William McKee & Agnes McKee
Born: 1835?
Birthplace: Bangor, County Down, Northern Ireland
Died: July 24, 1920
Died in: Te Puke, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
Married to: Sarah McKee (Father was John McKee)
Born: 1833
Birthplace: Demense area of Bangor, County Down, Northern Ireland
Died: July 14, 1870 at the age of 37 years
Died in: Bangor, County Down, Northern Ireland
Parents Of: John, James, Agnes, Margaret More?????????
(William John was called just John, Dec 21,1857, married a woman named Ethel and moved to Pennsylvania, we have a letter he wrote to his brother James from the USA
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
HMcKeeJr 22 Sep 2012 11:12AM GMT 
mesatt 7 Oct 2012 9:42PM GMT 
marjoriemunro... 8 Oct 2012 2:17AM GMT 
mercmo 11 Oct 2012 4:12PM GMT 
Pamela Kline 26 Dec 2012 8:30PM GMT 
ouizee47A 3 Jan 2013 5:06PM GMT 
orlandos_1 13 Jul 2013 5:56PM GMT 
gpl777 14 Jul 2013 6:08AM GMT 
beachtime1m 23 Nov 2013 3:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions