Search for content in message boards

1880 census for LIC Queens, NY

Replies: 0

1880 census for LIC Queens, NY

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 11:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Someone had sent me info for the 1880 census for my Jane McKee, 47, widowed, living with her sons William, 22, and Joseph A. 19 (he was a switchman for the L.I.R.R., and William was a conductor but don't know which train company). She also had several daughters living with her. According to this record they lived on Eighth Street in L.I.C., possibly 178 or 138 Eighth St. Also at 117 Eighth street was Felix McKee and his wife Mary. I suspect he was another of Jane's son's but have no proof.

Meantime, someone else sent me a copy of the 1880 census showing the same exact info for Jane and children living on 32nd Street in Manhattan! I do know that by 1900 or 1910, Joseph WAS living on Eighth Street with his family. I'm so confused now I can't figure out what has happened.

I do know the one record sent to me was associated with the Mr. Sid Geoviewer, and was very hard to read. I could very easily have misread the info for Eighth St. Since she was counted on 32nd St. that year, I don't see how she could have also lived on Eighth (that was how it was spelled on the form--not 8th). If anyone could help clear this up for me I sure would appreciate it! Thanks.
ouizee

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions