Search for content in message boards

Alexander McKee, born 13 Dec 1819 in Indiana died 20 Feb 1922 in Lapwai Idaho.

Replies: 4

Re: Alexander McKee, born 13 Dec 1819 in Indiana died 20 Feb 1922 in Lapwai Idaho.

Posted: 4 Mar 2014 12:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you Terry for taking the time to reply. This has been very helpful, giving me a push to reorganize my search records. I had saved many of the same references for further research because the locations are all relevant to our Alexander, but I put them aside because I couldn't connect this family to Col. Alexander McKee, b. 1725-35 at McKee's Half
Falls, PA and his son Thomas b. 1770 at Chilchote, Ohio. Both were Indian Agents. They both died in Canada. McKee's Falls, (or was it McKee's Rock) PA was named after this Alexander McKee.

Anyhow, Our family lore, based upon information from our Alexander and his son Albert, has led us to believe that he was a direct descendant of This Col. Alexander McKee. I'm rethinking this thanks to you. I think that they are probably all related and forefathers came to near the same location in PA arriving at different times. They sure did like the name "Alexander" and "Thomas" etc. etc.

Thank you so very much for the Marriage information. Hannah Seevers, Seivers, Levers, and now Cever was married prior to Alexander to Ausburn Morris Davison (or Davidson) prior to Alex, had two children who were raised as McKees until Francis found out his biological father was Davidson and thus took his name. 1950 census, Hannah Seevers was living with her parents in Franklin, Warren, Ohio, 1960 Census, Hannah Levers with same family and her two children, Victoria and Francis Davison in Columbia, Hamilton, Ohio and finally in 1970 in Lone Oaks, Bates, Mo, with Alexander McKee and son Albert. That census shows him at 41 yrs. of age which would concur with birth date ab 1829. His age varies in later census records. Gotta wonder???

He homesteaded in 1883 160 acres and acquired. with his sons, over three thousand of acres in what is now Kendrick, Idaho and was well respected in the community. Albert's obit states that Alexander, the father, three times crossed the plains to the Pacific Coast by ox-team. After one such expedition, the family came in a schooner from California in 1883. That too sounds like a lot of miled to cover in those days from 1870 - 1883. Whew! Gotta wonder.

Anyhow, I am going to follow through with your records and see where it takes us.
Thank you again. I was about to put this to rest. You have renewed my intrigue.

Lyn McKee (Mrs. Robert McKee)

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LynMcKee63 3 Mar 2014 12:07AM GMT 
tpd619501 3 Mar 2014 2:34PM GMT 
LynMcKee63 4 Mar 2014 7:42AM GMT 
LynMcKee63 10 Mar 2014 5:37AM GMT 
tpd619501 10 Mar 2014 4:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic