Search for content in message boards

Lettuce W. Melton

Replies: 2

Re: Lettuce W. Melton

Posted: 9 Jan 2014 6:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm still stuck. My Lettuce W. Melton married John Ekins in 1809 Rutherford Co., NC.
Since she married in 1809, I'm guessing that she was born between 1784 and 1790.

I'm thinking that William Samuel Melton and Lettice White are her grandparents. But who are her parents?
Regarding the children of William S. Melton & Lettice White: Someone posted their son Reuben's will in which Reuben named 2 daughters Mary and Cecelia. So Reuben is not the one. I've got John B. Melton's daughter Lettice marrying John Jones.
Sarah Melton married her cousin John Melton (son of Silas). Their daughter Letty married James Crow.
Daniel Melton's daughter Lettice J. married Joseph Grason.

That's what I've got so far. Am I on the right track?

Is there an authoritative Melton site or something else I could subscribe to that could
help me? The trees that I look at on ancestry.com rarely show records to support their
lists. I want to see actual documentation so that I can know if I'm on the right track.

I'm not near North Carolina or Virginia. I live in the desert out west in Arizona so
right now whatever I can learn is over the computer.

Do I need to get copies of old Melton wills? Do you have a good address for NC/Virginia
Archives or Library or courthouse. Where are they kept? How about Revolutionary War
pension records? Lettuce's parents would be of the age to be involved in that Rev. War
era.

Thank you for your time and any help.
Susan Smith
Isadore4@Juno.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Susan Smith 26 Jun 2008 12:37AM GMT 
dreamcatcher7... 13 Aug 2010 8:33PM GMT 
Susan Smith 10 Jan 2014 1:54AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions