Search for content in message boards

William Merriman - John Merriman

Replies: 0

William Merriman - John Merriman

Posted: 25 Apr 2010 1:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a Merriman booklet published in 1898 in Whitley Co. IN. It tracks my Merriman ancestors back from my mother through Otto, Noah, David, John, William II and William I. From William II on down we have about everything. William II was born in Baltimore in 1756, moved to what became Fayette Co. PA, served in the Rev. War from there. Moved in 1815 to Wayne Co. OH. His son John was also born in Baltimore in 1880 and moved as an infant to Fayette Co. PA, served as a Lt. from there in War of 1812, moved to Wayne Co. OH in 1815 then to LaGrange Co. IN in 1844 or so. The Merriman booklet says that he had purchased a large family bible during the War of 1812 and it remained in the family at the time of the publication of the booklet in 1898. It must have been from some family member in the northeast Indiana area at that time. Is there anyone out thare that has that bible today? Also, any info on William I who the booklet says "walked the streets of Baltimore at the age of 100". My direct e-mail is rcsheets@embarqmail.com

Find a board about a specific topic