Search for content in message boards

MILLERS (George, James, Joseph, John) in Clark Co. Kentucky

Replies: 4

Re: MILLERS (George, James, Joseph, John) in Clark Co. Kentucky

Posted: 18 Oct 2006 3:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have some information on these Millers. I have been researching this family trying to tie in my Timothy Miller b. 1790-1800 in Kentucky.

1. Shenandoah County Deed Books A,B,C,D 1771-1784 p. 443:
20 Oc t 1773-Between George Bruce and Elizabeth his wife of County of Albemarle to George Miller, William Miller and Joseph Miller the sons of James Miller of County of Dunmore (now Shenandoah) parcel of land in Dunmore County of main branch of Cabin Run and the fork of Shanandore (Shenandoah) containing four hundred acres being a tract granted to the said George Bruce by paton..
wit: Charles Bruce
William Tipton, R.
James Miller
Bruct Norton.

2. Kentucky Court and other Records:
George Miller, deed dated 18 Feb 1822-George Miller and wife Mary Ann and William Miller and wife Polly. Clark Co KY, conveyed to Joseph Miller of same county their rights in a tract of land in Shenandoah County, State of VA, on waters of Cabin Run, part of larger tract granted to George Bruce date 24 May 1750, Bruce sold to George Miller, William Miller and Joseph Miller Nov 19, 1773.

4. History of Fayette County, KY by Robert Peter:
"Isaac S. Miller, Sr. farmer Lexinton P.O. is grandson of James Miler who came to America from Germany and of his wife, a French lady named Dubois. These settled at the forks of the Shenandoah River in VA, and there lived and died. Their son, Joseph, the father of our subject, learned the blacksmith's trade and followed it steadily till he married Susannah Rector, also a native of VA. In 1794, he and his brother, George came into Kentucky on a prospecting tour...George remained, and Joseph after a brief visit to VA returned the following year....lived in Clark County where he died in 1832 at age 62. Son Isaac S. b. 1813..moved to Sumner County Tenn in 1848, returned in 1864 to Fayette County KY. Wife Eudosia Rupard b. Clark Co KY, three sons, Joseph W., Isaac S. and George W., four daughters Ann M. Miller Vanarsdall, Susan Miller Hedge, Mattie Miller Berry Katie Miller Berry."

5. 1810 Census Clark Co KY
Wm Miller b. before 1765 2 males and 4 females
George Miller b. before 1765 3 males and 3 females
Joseph Miller b. 1766-1784, 3 males and 6 females

6. First Tax List of Clark Co 1792:
John Miller, Abram Miller, Geo Miller, James Miller, Moses Miller

7. Joseph Wright Family of Clark Co KY history: George Miller m. Isbel Wright. George b. 24 May 1762, Shenandoah Co VA. Moved to Clark co in 1794.

I have three sources which say that my Timothy was born in Kentucky: two children still living in 1880 list pob of father as KY, and death certificate of a son says father b. KY.

Timothy Miller b. 1790-1800 lived in Shenandoah County, married Julia Ann Glenn in 1823 and died between 1845 and 1850. He worked at the Isabelle Iron Furnace in Page Co VA.

I would love to be able to connect him to these Millers who were from Shenandoah Co VA but went to Clark Co KY. Perhaps he was born there but returned to Shenandoah Co as an adult. Timothy and Julia had 8 children: first three are unknown, then Joseph b. 14 Jan 1827; Thomas b. ca 1832; Emily L. b. ca 1839; Sara Isabelle b. 18 Mar 1838; Martha b. ca 1841; John A. b. 23 June 1845.

The above Millers must be connected but I think there are several generations here.

Would love to know your thoughts.

Joy

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mike Benson 3 Jun 2002 8:35PM GMT 
Joy Henning 18 Oct 2006 9:34PM GMT 
Mike Benson 18 Oct 2006 11:32PM GMT 
Joy Henning 19 Oct 2006 12:51AM GMT 
Mike Benson 19 Oct 2006 11:09AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions