Search for content in message boards

Frederick Gronau/John Miller/John Muller

Replies: 0

Frederick Gronau/John Miller/John Muller

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 4:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Feb 2013 1:42PM GMT
Surnames: Gronau, Miller, Muller
Im really hoping someone can help me with a massive brick wall i have come up against!
I have found my great grandmother, Sarah Elizabeth Curtis (nee Gronau)b1869, and on her marriage certificate her fathers name is Frederick Gronau. I have also found her sisters( Louisa) marriage certificate from a year earlier, on this he is Frederick John Gronau, occupation, i think, is walking stick dresser or maker of some sort. After not being able to find a thing on any Frederick Gronau I checked the address that was on the marriage certificate, finding the Miller family, John F Miller (birthplace Germany, British Subject), a walking stick dresser, his wife Mary A and a son called James P. So I traced these back to the 1881 census to find John, Mary, louisa and Sarah Miller, and again he was a walking stick maker.
Now I have found his wife, Mary A, death, where she is registered as Mary A Gronau...but I cannot find another thing on any of them! I don't know when he came over, when he and Mary got married, Mary's maiden name, his death, or anything!I seem to be going round and round in circles and I would love for someone to help me out or point me in the right direction!
Many thanks
Melissa

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions