Search for content in message boards

Issac Mixer (Mixter) 400th Birthday!

Replies: 2

Issac Mixer (Mixter) 400th Birthday!

Mark Andrew Mixter (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2003 6:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
A bit belated but Happy Birthday Issac Mixer (Mixter). Born 400 years ago in Capel St. Mary, Suffolk, England.

FYI, I am going to go there someday soon. I found the villages of Hadleigh, Suffolk and Shotley,Essex with some names of suspected cousins (or brothers) of Issac , our first American ancestor. Hadleigh is a very interesting place. Big in the wool industry in the 1500's. I hope to find modern day cousins there.
The area of Suffolk and Essex counties that is called East Anglia in the ancestral home of the Mixer (Mixter) clan.

For those of you looking for the Daniel Mixter, of Canada connection, I suggest looking for another Mixter leaving from England in the late 1700's. Probably would have been thought of as a loyalist.

Adam Mixter and Allen Mixter are the names of male Mixters that apparently were in England about the same time as Issac Mixer (Mixter). Perhaps one of their descendants was the parent of Daniel Mixter.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mark Andrew Mixter 22 Jul 2003 12:01AM GMT 
EdnaPearlO 26 Jul 2010 3:17AM GMT 
danielle_mixe... 17 Sep 2012 3:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions