I'd like to compare notes with any descendants of John Mobley. According to Huxford's Pioneers of Wiregrass Georgia, Vol. 2, he was born in Duplin Co., NC circa 1755 and died circa 1832. Huxford believed John's father was William Mobley.
The family moved to St. George's Parish, GA (later known as Burke Co., GA) John Mobley also lived in Screven County, Montgomery County, and possibly Tattnall County, GA.
John's children were:
1. Lucy-born 1782-married James Grace
2. Mary Ann-b. 1784
3. Lucretia-b.1786-mar. Martin Harden 6/1/1806-died 1831
4. Ludd-b. 1789-mar. Nancy Pridgen 12-22-1812
5. William-b. 1790-mar.Susannah Edwards-10-21-1810
6. Sarah Ann-b. 1791-mar.Jesse Byrd-8-26-1810
7.John-b. 1793-mar. Penelope Cooper 4-21-1836
8. Solomon-b.1794-mar. Elizabeth Byrd, 1811
9. Byrd-b. 1799-mar. Nancy Burroughs-9-5-1822
10.Cynthia-b. 1802-mar. David Edenfield, Jr.-8-14-1823
Is there any documentation (deeds, wills, etc) as to the family background of John's father, William Mobley? Hoping someone can help.