Search for content in message boards

MORRISON, Spencer of South Carolina

Replies: 2

Re: MORRISON, Spencer of South Carolina

Posted: 22 Jun 2013 9:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: moore, taliaferro, hunnicutt, olenbush
Dear LaDoris,
I have been in contact with Scott Peterson who allowed me access to his tree so that I might look at information regarding Stella Taliaferro. My great grandmother was Stella Moore. Imagine my joy when I discovered the below message:
"email from Aunt LaDoris..... I recently discovered that Stella Taliaferro, was the adopted daughter of Cowper Shelton Taliaferro and Anna Rebecca DeBerry. Her name prior to adoption was Moore. 1870 census indicates she was 10 years old, indicating her probably birth as 1860. This information has not been documented by me. Do you have additional information to share on Stella Moore-Taliaferro?"

I understand that you might have information about Stella, and since she has been a mystery for me for a couple of years, I wonder if you would be so kind as to share any information you might have? This is what I know about her, and her parents:

Stella Moore was born in Marlin, Texas in 1859/1860 to Eliza Green Moore and William Calhoun Moore. During the Civil War, her father fought in the CSA and left her mother to raise the 4 children, including Stella Rosa Moore. When William returned from the war, his children were scattered and his wife had died. He finally gathered them together again and returned to Marlin, where in 1879, Stella married Hiram Taylor Hunnicutt. She died in 1952 in Houston.

I am extremely interested in discovering how Stella arrived in the Taliaferro household, and how she returned to the Moore household, and what, if any, contact there might have been with her adopted family throughout her life. Interesting, on her death certificate, one of her sons listed her maiden name as Toliver and not as Moore.
Thank you for any help!
Best,
Roccie Hill
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LaDoris Weber 25 May 2002 8:13PM GMT 
roccie 23 Jun 2013 3:58AM GMT 
annew66 24 Jul 2013 8:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic