Search for content in message boards

Samuel T. Morrison, Lynn Massachusetts

Replies: 0

Samuel T. Morrison, Lynn Massachusetts

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 10:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morrison, Donaldson, Phelan, Heany, Deshon
Help! I am looking for information on my G-G-Grandfather Samuel T. Morrison. (Middle name may be Trevor.) He was married twice. First wife, Sarah and four children died in 1853 & 1854. He and second wife, Elizabeth A. Donaldson (born in Massachusetts)had ten children that I know of: John F., Annie, Mary E., Robert, Harriett, Samuel Edward, Andrew, Ignatius, Sarah, Catherine. Two of the daughters married James Phelan and Gregory Heany). The daughter, Sarah, moved to San Francisco around 1892. She was my great grandmother.
Samuel was born in 1815 in England, died in Lynn, MA in 1905, and is buried in St. Joseph’s Cemetery there. It appears that one of his granddaughters married George W. Deshon. Samuel and several of the family members are buried together in the same area of 10 plots.
This is as far as I have gotten in my research. I can find NO information before Samuel came to the USA from England. Census’s state that both of his parents were from Ireland and someone remembers his daughter saying he was born on the Isle of Wight, but I can’t turn up any information. Hope someone in Massachusetts with an old family bible, or information can help me.

Find a board about a specific topic