Search for content in message boards

Kentucky Mulhall's

Replies: 14

Re: Kentucky Mulhall's

Posted: 22 Jun 2009 9:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mulhall, Bradley, Heavrin
Hello, melvin! How exciting to find a new relative! I am appreciative that you emailed me bk. My full name is Shannon Marie Mulhall Recktenwald(married name) and while I no longer live in Louisville, I still get bk there about every one and a half years to visit family. I grew up in Louisville and spent most of my life there. My parents, including my father still live in Louisville though as does most of my family. My G, Robert Omar, has 2 living children: my father , Robert Burke Mulhall b. 1944 and my aunt, Ann Hughes Mulhall Williams. Ann was a twin, but her twin died at birth. Robert Omar had another daughter, Mary who died in the 70's , I think of a brain tumor. My oldest living relative is Alice Jane Carothers, My Grandmother's sister. I am contacting her now to see if she has any helpful information. I will share any info I get with you.
I don't remember any of my G's siblings except Eula and I only have flashes of memeories of her since I didn't see her much, but sometimes I would go with my dad to visit "aunt Eula" before she passed. I will ask my dad and aunt if they have any stories or info that they can share about Robert Omar's sibs or other family memebers.
My dad is currently trying to get in contact with a man who once wtote a booklet on the mulhall's in ky and who still lives in Louisville. Once he gets that info, I will be glad to share with you. Likewise, I would love for you to share as much of your information about the Mulhall's descendanted from Thomas A.Mulhall Jr. & Susan Bradley as you are willing to share, including susan's photo. I have no photos so I would be excited to see what she looks like. You can email the picture to me if you like or I can give you my mailing address. whatever you prefer.What is your mom's name? does she or your aunt have any stories or info they would like to share? I would very much appreciate if you would ask your cousin if he remembers anything about Thomas. This is all so exciting...yet frustrating at times as well. It's like a giant puzzle.
My dad is really interested in learning about the path his relatives used to get to ky -- did they come through the Cumberland Gap for example? I don't know how to get this kind of information though. Do you? Do you live in Nelson/Hardin County? I wonder if you have been to any of the Mulhall gravesites or know where Thomas and his decendants are buried?
I will let my dad know that we've connected as he is very interested in all the information I am finding out. I don't know if Robert Omar was named after Omar Nelson, but it could be. That is done alot, I have come to understand through all my research.
Again, I appreciate your writing me bk and I look forward to hearing from you again. Please excuse any typing errors: a typist, I am not. Thanks again,
Sincerely, Shannon
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MelvinGross 18 Feb 2008 8:49AM GMT 
purplesox8522... 20 Jun 2009 10:13PM GMT 
MelvinGross 22 Jun 2009 6:21AM GMT 
purplesox8522... 22 Jun 2009 3:50PM GMT 
purplesox8522... 24 Jun 2009 12:06AM GMT 
MelvinGross 24 Jun 2009 5:10AM GMT 
purplesox8522... 24 Jun 2009 4:58PM GMT 
MelvinGross 24 Jun 2009 5:34AM GMT 
purplesox8522... 29 Jun 2009 4:46PM GMT 
purplesox8522... 17 Jul 2009 12:11AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions