Search for content in message boards

James Murray m. Jemima Murray died 1704

Replies: 5

Re: James Murray m. Jemima Murray died 1704

Posted: 10 Jan 2008 3:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Murray Morgan
I'm responding to an ancient post but thought I'd try to check in and see if you have gotten anywhere over the years with James Murray of Baltimore (m Jemima Morgan). I'm descended from them, probably through their son Morgan and grandson Morgan, through whom I connect to the large Washington County, Tennessee, Murrays, as DNA has shown despite written documentation lapsing some. (Keith, Keith, Wilson, Jordan W., Jordan, Morgan...)

The myriad genealogies showing James Murray as being the son of John Murray of Tullibardine and Jane/Jean McLean are based on undocumented assumptions, and one person saying he had seen something in Scotland that he never had copied or shared. I asked a Scottish genealogist for help and she found nothing to support this or another rumor, which is that James Murray's father was a Rev. John Murray, who was a legitimated son of either John Murray, Earl of Tullibardine, or his father. The seal James used with his will is not definitive proof of anything. Check this link for info:

http://www.geocities.com/orbweaversweb/gen/murray.html

Well, that's about all I know. I would like nothing better than for James to be a Tullibardine Murray, but wishing doesn't make it so, nor does copying unproven lines from the LDS site, as everyone has been doing.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
olhenderson 9 Oct 2002 3:10AM GMT 
Sue Erlick 21 Aug 2003 7:56PM GMT 
Dora Smith 9 Dec 2013 8:27PM GMT 
Dora Smith 9 Dec 2013 9:16PM GMT 
keithsmurray1 10 Jan 2008 10:31PM GMT 
Dora Smith 9 Dec 2013 8:24PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic