Search for content in message boards

The Colonial Myers Family

Replies: 16

The Colonial Myers Family

Posted: 20 May 2008 9:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am doing research on the Catholic/Jewish Colonial Myers family. I am looking for anyone that might be related to this family. In reviewing the book titled Americans of Jewish Descent plus cemetery records I believe the following families are all related one why or the other in blood or marrage.

The Jewish Mordecai Myers and Ester Cohen family of Charleston SC. Ft Myers Florida was named after this family.

The Jewish/Methodist Mordecai Myers and Charlotte Bailey family of Albany NY. This family was related to President Martin Van Buren.

Methodist Jacob Myers of the Slate Creek Iron Works in Kentucky. This family is related to Felix Grundy who was President Martin Van Burens Attorney General. This family has strong ties to Patrick Henry and Thomas Jefferson. They also have strong ties to Thomas Jefferson's step parents Doctor Thomas Walker and Mildred Meriwether along with Dr Walkers business partner Christopher Gist. Christopher Gist's relative John Cockey Owings was in business with Jacob Myers and his Iron Works.

Catholic/Mormon Jacob Myers of the Mormon Hunns Mill Settlement. This family might be related to the New Madrid family with ties to the Jewish/Methodist Myers family in Albany NY.

Jacob Myers of New Madrid. This family is building Catholic Churches in New Madrid under contract with the Spanish Government in the late 1700's. This family might be from the Rudolph Myers family of Charleston SC who are living on the Saxe Gotha farm. This family claims they are related to the Catholic Habsburg's of Spain.

If you think you belong to one of these families, I would really like to take to you.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
photo66666 20 May 2008 3:28PM GMT 
NancyAPrice 20 May 2008 4:13PM GMT 
photo66666 20 May 2008 4:24PM GMT 
nancyaprice1 20 May 2008 4:43PM GMT 
photo66666 20 May 2008 5:01PM GMT 
BillieKeaffab... 20 May 2008 5:51PM GMT 
sheahan115 1 Feb 2010 1:53AM GMT 
kbgraham67 25 Jun 2014 4:21AM GMT 
BillieKeaffab... 20 May 2008 5:54PM GMT 
moose490 21 May 2008 7:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions