Search for content in message boards

Myers/Meyers - Abraham & Elizabeth ca. 1770 PA‏

Replies: 1

Myers/Meyers - Abraham & Elizabeth ca. 1770 PA‏

Posted: 19 May 2014 5:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Myers, Meyer, Moyers
Has been awhile since I have posted here, so maybe somebody can help with my 'Brick Wall'.
I am searching for an Abraham/Abram Meyer/Meyers and his wife Elizabeth (last name unknown). As follows is where my research has led me so maybe some of this information will resonate with somebody out there in 'Rootsweb Myers' land! :)

Abraham and Elizabeth would be my paternal GGGGrandparents. Both were born ca. 1770 in Pennsylvania, but I do not know what county. I do know that they had a number of children: Samuel, Isaac, Joseph, Johnathan, Heinrich/Henry, and Jacob. I also think
there was a Michael and a Christoph/Christian. I do not know about
female siblings but it's likely there were. Of these, Joseph was my GGGranddad and he married a Jane VanOsdoll in Wayne Co. OH. in 1829. To them were born a number of kiddies as well: Peter, John, Mary, and Permilia. I have found a little bit of information about John, but Mary and Permelia seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth as I have not been able to find anything about them. I also believe that there were two other children - girls - one of whom may have been named Susan, but I'm not 100% certain. Of these, Peter - born in 1836 - was my GGranddad who married a Catharine Holmes also in Wayne Co., OH in 1866. Together they had 6 children: Joseph (Joe), William Curtis
(Curt), Montana (Mont), Arizona (Zone), Eliza Jane (Rose), and there was
also 'Simon' who died at a very young age of
2-years old I believe. I have a great deal of information on the
'Holmes' family.

Now I am not 100% certain, but Peter was likely named after President
Andrew Jackson (Old Hickory); however, it's also possible that he was
named after the township within which he was born (Jackson Twp.). I am almost certain he served in the
Ohio 69th Infantry (Union) during the Civil War. This is based on the battle record that I know he
had. He served in Sherman's army and the infamous 'March to the Sea'. He
also fought in the 'Battle Above the Clouds'
during the siege of Chattanooga, among many others. Peter went by the name of Peter Jackson Moyers. He was a blacksmith.

Back to Abraham and Elizabeth.......at some point in time Abe and Elizabeth moved to Wayne Co., OH and settled in our around Chester Twp. I know that their son Joseph was born in 1803 in PA, but died in 1891 in Eaton Co., MI. I do not have any other information about his other siblings. From census records of 1810, 1820, & 1830 I've been able to find this family in Ohio. In 1840, though, I find Abraham and Elizabeth living with Jane (Joseph's wife) and the kids but Joseph does not reappear until 1850 and there again they are all living together with Abe & Elizabeth. I believe Abraham and Elizabeth both died somewhere between 1850 - 1860. Jane died in that timeframe as well and is buried in Ashland Co., OH. There is some information that leads me to believe that Elizabeth's last name may have been either Buchtel / Bechtel or Freidt, but I would like to know which. As far as Abraham is concerned the only piece of information I have found suggests his father may have been a 'S!
amuel' but I am not certain.

If anybody has ANY information I would greatly appreciate hearing from you!!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Thomas Myers 19 May 2014 11:20AM GMT 
photo66666 21 May 2014 4:46AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic