Search for content in message boards

Nailor/Naylor, Hunterdon Co., NJ

Replies: 215

NJ/PA Naylors

Posted: 20 Sep 2000 8:40AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jun 2002 6:20AM GMT
Don't know the answer to the other questions you asked . Here is what I think I know.

In 1850 most of your GGrand uncles were Lime Burners. Did they own the place in 1850 or just work there? Did the company provide housing?
I have a picture of a lime Kiln at Aquetong (near Solebury). The caption on the picture says. This Kiln was in operation for over a hundred years until abandoned in 1924, this kiln, one of at least 20 operating in Solebury Township, was owned for over 50 years by the Naylor family. The little boy on the platform is C. Ross Naylor. His uncle George stands beside him. His father , Charles, is fartherst left and his grandfather, Jessie, at right.

So yes, Jessie owned the lime kiln in Aquetong and several of his brothers, counsins, nephews worked with him.

Did your Uncle Jacob b. abt. 1789 ever marry?
Jesse Naylor married Helen Reidinger. They had two children Raymond and Grace.

Jesse P. Naylor married Elizabeth Cummings. They had nine children: Eliza, Mary C. Anna S., George, Warren, Jesse, Thomas, Gabriella, Charles and Ellie.

Jacob Kooker married Mary Naylor. Don't know if they had children. Don't think so.

Jacob Kooker married Mary Madeline Calfe. They had 8 children.

The other Jacob Kooker married Martha Naylor. They had four children. Annie, Nellie, Margaret, and Edgar.

Is Walter Anthony's information correct when he states "I am relatively sure William and Thomas are the sons of Peter but only have the occupation of Jacob and John and the fact that Jacob was also listed as being from NJ on the 1850 census.

He got some of that from me. On my part it is conjecture from the 1850 Solebury Census. If he has other evidence, you will have to ask him.

Who are the parents of David Reeder Naylor? Thomas and Mary (Search) NAYLOR or William and Elizabeth (Righter) NAYLOR?

Thomas and Mary. I have Thomas Naylor's will in which he names his son David Reeder Naylor as the executor of his will.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DNaylorFarhar 5 Apr 2001 5:56PM GMT 
Deborah Naylor_Farhar 19 Sep 2000 9:00PM GMT 
lowerferry 20 Sep 2000 2:40PM GMT 
Deborah Naylor/farhar 22 Sep 2000 7:23PM GMT 
lowerferry 23 Sep 2000 7:20PM GMT 
Deborah Naylor_Farhar 26 Sep 2000 9:41PM GMT 
lowerferry 5 Dec 2000 6:52PM GMT 
DNaylorFarhar 22 Dec 2000 9:51AM GMT 
lowerferry 22 Dec 2000 4:38PM GMT 
DNaylorFarhar 23 Dec 2000 10:48AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions