Search for content in message boards

James Milton Neal - anyone using DNA to research?

Replies: 2

Re: James Milton Neal - anyone using DNA to research?

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 10:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello. I don't have anything useful to add to this thread, but I wanted to chime in, so that I will get the notices when you receive replies. I'm curious to learn what you find out from others. My Neal line is such a brick wall that I can't link myself to your bunch or any other, but I keep an eye on any threads that may turn up new information that could somehow connect to me.

The DNA testing may be the only way I will ever link myself to other Neals, but doesn't the DNA test require a male still carrying the name? I don't even have that, since my Neal heritage comes from a ggg-grandmother. I'm intrigued by the amazing breakthroughs in DNA research as it relates to genealogy. Would you mind sharing the approximate costs involved with the DNA testing your father has taken?

I've toyed with the possibility of Native American blood in my Neal line as well. This is mostly based on some of the physical features I've observed in photos of my Neals (darker skin, stronger jaw line in the women). Also a second cousin of my dad told me her father used to claim Native American lineage, and she thought he mentioned it being through "Estella's mother" which would have been my Neal ancestor.

Christa
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DH_anmn8 27 Jan 2013 3:07AM GMT 
chrellis 28 Jan 2013 5:06AM GMT 
DH_anmn8 28 Jan 2013 8:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions