Search for content in message boards

Neals of Fayette, Leeds, Livermore, Harford and Orono, Maine - early and mid 1800s and beyond

Replies: 0

Neals of Fayette, Leeds, Livermore, Harford and Orono, Maine - early and mid 1800s and beyond

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 10:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Neal, McNeal
I am researching the Neals of Maine who lived in the towns of Fayette, Leeds, Livermore, Hartford and Orono from 1808 through the late 1800s. Their surname was "McNeal" when they lived in Leeds (c.1808-c.1825) and in their early years in Fayette (1830s), but after that, most of them then began using the surname "Neal" instead, for reasons yet unknown. The parents were James and Abigail; their children were Jane, James A., Thomas Hicks, Phineas F., Abigail, Daniel, Zephaniah Hicks, plus (probably) an Elias as well as some other daughters (names unknown). James A. moved to Orono; Thomas, to Harford (and, ultimately, California); Phineas, to Livermore; Daniel, to Bucksport (Maine) and then Wisconsin (where his sister Jane - my ancestor - lived); Zephaniah, to California. I am interested in sharing information with descendants of these people.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions