Search for content in message boards

Tennessee Nichols Family

Replies: 27

Re: Tennessee Nichols Family

Danny Nichols (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2003 8:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Bessie,
Thank you for your response. I continually see connections between the Nichols family of Tennessee and that of Kentucky. I have never found this connection however within my own line. I suspect that it is there, I just haven't found it yet. I do not find a David Nichols listed on the 1820 or 1830 census of Rutherford County, Tenn. although he may have been listed as a child that came of age during this period. David perhaps lived in a nearby county? The connection between the Nichols families from this period is still a mystery to me. They lived in such close proximity to one another that I feel there must be family relations but they are sure stuborn about making themselves known to us today.

The only connection I find with a Parker family is that for a Margaret Jane Nichols who married John Wesley Parker in Cannon County in 1846. They moved sometime after 1850 to Missouri and settled there. I am trying to confirm that Margaret Jane was a daughter of my William Nichols but I cannot yet verify this. In the 1850 Cannon Co. Census they are listed as living next door to one another. This is a real strong hint that they were related but not strong enough to consider as verification. Do you know more about the Adrah Parker who lived with Aaron and Martha?

I also note that in 1820, the families of Nathan Nichols, Daniel Nichols, and Joseph Nichols of Rutherford County all had daughters living in their households who would have been about the age of your Martha. By 1830, Nathan and Joseph are no longer listed (Joseph had died) and Daniel Nichols no longer shows a daughter of the right age living with him. Could Martha possibly belong to this Daniel?

I wish I had something, anything, more definitive but you can see I am just grabbing at straws. Much the same as I have had to do with my William now for about 30 years. Just haven't found the right straw to grab yet.
Best Regards,
Danny Nichols
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
annie 5 Apr 2003 5:35PM GMT 
619apollo 29 Jun 2003 2:05PM GMT 
Danny Nichols 29 Jun 2003 2:36PM GMT 
bessiemaye 30 Jun 2003 2:43AM GMT 
Danny Nichols 30 Jun 2003 4:05AM GMT 
619apollo 29 Jun 2003 2:12PM GMT 
motivatedmom 10 Nov 2002 2:14AM GMT 
Danny Nichols 23 Nov 2002 5:31PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions