Search for content in message boards

Noble From Massachusetts to Ohio - Michigan

Replies: 0

Noble From Massachusetts to Ohio - Michigan

Posted: 12 Sep 2010 1:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Please remember to vertify the older lines for yourself..
Its always possible for there to be a few errors in the family lines...just families that I came across in working on other lines...

1. THOMAS1 NOBLE,SR. was born 1606 in England. He married RACHEL GARDNER 1627 in England. She was born 1608 in England.
Child of THOMAS NOBLE and RACHEL GARDNER is:
2. i. THOMAS2 NOBLE,JR,CONSTABLE,SURVEYOR, b. 1632, England; d. 20 Jan 1703/04, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.

Generation No. 2
2. THOMAS2 NOBLE,JR,CONSTABLE,SURVEYOR (THOMAS1) was born 1632 in England, and died 20 Jan 1703/04 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts. He married HANNAH WARNER WARRINER 11 Jan 1659/60 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, daughter of WILLIAM WARRINER and JOANNA SEARLE. She was born 17 Aug 1643 in Springfield,Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 12 May 1721 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
Notes for THOMAS NOBLE,JR,CONSTABLE,SURVEYOR:
U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900
Name: Hannah Warriner Birth Place: MA Birth Year: 1643
Spouse Name: Thomas Noble MarriageYear: 1660
Marriage Massachusetts, Page: 1
From Cutter :
---
Thomas Noble, the immigrant ancestor was born as early as 1632 in England, and died in Westfield, Massachusetts, February 20.1704, aged at least seventy-two years was an carly settler at Springfield,Massachusetts coming thither from Boston where he was an inhabitant on January 5,1653.
He had an account at the store of John Pynchon in Springfield, and the account book shows that he visited England soon after removing from Boston. In 1664 he with others was given leave to set up a saw mill on a "brook below Ensign Cooper's farme over Agawam River."
He was an assessor of the town had lands granted to him in Westfield in July 1666 on condition of settlement, and the grant was renewed January 9,1668.
He settled there as early as January 21,1669 and was on a committee to decide the boundary lines. His homestead was about two miles and a half from the present center of the town served as constable, and took the oath of allegiance on January 23,1678.
He joined the Westfield Church on February 20,1681 and admitted a freeman on October 12,1681.
He was fined five shillings at one time for traveling on a fast day.
His home was exposed to Indian attacks during King Philip's war. Rev. Dr. Davis says :
"One night during family prayers, Gray Lock (an old Indian), stepped up and pulled the string and let
the door swing open, and as soon as all was quiet, he would pull the string again. Mr. Noble was persuaded by his friends to move into town. Gray Lock said he had several opportunities of killing most of his children at a shot, but did not want scalps as much as captives."
----
March 2,1696
Thomas Noble was chosen county surveyor was a tailor by trade.
---
Will Dated : May 11,1697
Proved : September 5, 1704
From Boltwood :
"Agriculture, necessarily the main pursuit of every one in the early history of a country, was his principal employment although while at Springfield during the winter he had worked a portion of the time as a tailor...."
Immigrated before Januay 5,1651 to Boston,Suffolk County,Massachusetts as he was admitted as an inhabitant of Boston on this date.....Travelled to England and back about 1657 to England
Thomas most likely traveled to England and returned to New England around this time as an item in John Pynchon's account book lists :
"To what I paid for yor passage to and from England, and for yor charges (beside what I give you) as in my pocket booke, £16 00. 00".
Residence: After 1660 Springfield, Hampden County,Massachusetts:was tailor & a farmer
Between 1664 AND 1667
Springfield, Hampden County,Massachusetts....
---
Occupation; 1664-1667; Springfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts:
Pynchon Memorial Library, Springfield, Massachusetts:
---
Book of Major John Pynchon, Springfield,Massachusetts:
Volume III, 1664-1667, pages 133-135.
These pages contain numerous transactions of Thomas such as purchases of tailoring supplies, (thread, needles or pins, cloth, shears as well as food sometimes in exchange for wheat and labor.
The pages give evidence that Thomas was a tailor.
They also reveal Thomas's accumulating indebtedness to Pynchon.
Genealogy of Thomas Noble
by Lucius Boltwood
Available through Higginson Book Store in Salem,Massachusetts:
Will of Thomas Noble
Made : May 11,1697
Probated : September 5,1704
Springfield,Hampshire County,Massachusetts
---
"The last will and testament of Thomas Noble of Westfield, in ye county of Hampshire, in ye Province of the Massachusetts Bay in New England, being weak in body, but of perfect understanding.
Impr, I commend my soul into the hands of Christ my blessed Lord and Saviour and my body to Christian burial, in full faith of a blessed resurrection, through the rich Grace of God in Christ my Saviour.....
Item, I give unto my son Thomas, that parcel of land lying in the farm purchased from Mr. Jn. Pynchon, from the gate beyond the house entering into the field bounded by the plowing land, the way to Springfield, John Noble's land and the drain all along the swamp....
Item.... to my son Matthew, a tract of land in the same farm, lying by a ditch easterly and bounded at both ends by the river.....
Item... I give unto my sons Mark and Luke, my little meadow, lying against the orchard of Noah Cooke and that homelot that I have bought and they have raised frames upon.....
Item... I give the lot that the town gave me on the top of the hill against my house on the same farm, to all my six sons for pasture. Item, to my son James, a parcel of land and house upon it, on that farm that is fenced in, being six or seven acres more or less.....
Item, I bequest the rest of this my farm lying bounded upon James northerly, Thomas on the east, Matthew on the south, ye river on the westerly sides, to all my sons, i.e., to my sons John, Thomas, Matthew, Mark, Luke and James, equally to be divided amongst them by my brother James Warriner and John Hitchcock of Springfield and by Capt Isaac Phelps of Westfield......
Item.... I give to my son James, all my land in the plain, on this side the hundred acres and the lot by the way to Pochastuck.....
Item....I give to my son John, the rest of my lot in ye fort meadow.....
Item, I give unto my beloved wife, Hannah Noble, an acre of land reserved out of my son John's homelot; also half my dwelling house, that is to say, that end next the street, and halfe the land and orchard and barn we dwell on, and the other halfe of the house lot and barn to my son James, as also the thirds of all that I here will to my sons and after her decease, I give to my son James the whole of the house, houselot and barn and the acre reserved out of my son John's homelot.....
Item.... I give unto my four daughters, Hannah, Elizabeth, Mary and Rebecca L 20 apiece, to be paid them by my sons (viz.), Thomas, Matthew, Mark, Luke and James, to Mary and Rebecca about half a year after their marriage and a cow apiece at their marriage.
And in case any of my children should dye, not leaving any issue behind them, then my will is that the legacies that I here give them, be equally divided among the surviving and also I order these my sons to find my wife fewel wood and two load of hay every year, so long as she shall remain widdow.
Item.... I give unto my wife also a cow and heifer, also all my household goods, which household goods I would have her at her pleasure dispose of to my two youngest daughters......
Item.... my team (one yoak of oxen excepted), I give unto my three youngest sons, Mark, Luke and James. And for the well and faithful execution of this my last will, I ordain and make my beloved wife Hannah Noble and my son Thomas Noble joynt executors, to defray all my lawful debts and for that end leave one yoke of working cattle, a yoak and fatt oxen and the money in the Bay due me and all other dues, the which, when my debts are defrayed, the remainder I would have go to pay my daughter's portions. But in case the same shall be too little to clear my due debts, that then they are to raise what is sufficient out of the legacies, I have here given to my children, to do the same.
In witness whereof I set to my hand and seal this Eleventh day of May, Ano Dom., 1697....
---
Thomas Noble seal(X)
Signed & sealed in the presence of
Edward Taylor
Victory Sikes
James Warriner
-----
Springfield
September 5th, 1704
Mr. Edward Taylor and Victory Sikes, two of the witnesses to this instrument, appeared before the Judge of Probates in Hampshire, viz., Samuel Partridge, Esq., and made oath that they saw Thomas Noble, deceasd, sign and seal the sd instrument, as his last will and testament, and that he was of a sound mind and memory, whe he did it, according to there judgment and that they with James Warriner signed as witnesses to the same, in the testators' presence.
Which sd will (the executors there in name having accepted sd trust was by the sd judge approved and allowed of.
Attest, JOHN PYNCHON, Regt
From Savage :
"Thomas Noble Boston 1652, rem. to Springfield, m. 1 Nov. 1660, Hannah, only d. of William Warriner, rem. to Westfield, 1669, freem. 1681, rep. 1692, bef. going thither had John, b. 1662, bef. ment.; Hannah, 24 Feb. 1664, wh. m. John Goodman of Hadley, and next, 12 Oct. 1728, Nathaniel Edwards of Northampton; and Thomas, 14 Jan. 1667. He had at W.
Elizabeth b. 9 Feb. 1673; Luke, 15 July 1675; James, 1 Oct. 1677; Mary, 29 June 1680; and Rebecca, 4 Jan. 1683; but when or whence he came is unkn. His d. was 20 Jan. 1704, and the wid. Hannah m. deac. Medad Pomeroy."
-----
Thomas Noble was born about 1632 in England and died on January 20,1704.
It is mentioned by Drake :
"History of Boston", page 331
Was admitted on the 5th of January of that year, an inhabitant of Boston. That same year he moved to Springfield, Massachusetts. In 1664 "he had liberty granted him to erect a saw mill, on the west side of the Connecticut. Mr. Noble opened an account at the store of John Pynchon in 1653, falling into such debt that he was obliged in 1667 to make over to Pynchon, his house in Springfield and all his lands except a grant towards Windsor, "he then was ready to join those who were beginning a settlement at Westfield. The lands were granted to him, July 1666.
Records show he was there as early as 21 January 1669 for a meeting at Warronoco, (Westfield). In his historical sketch of Westfield, Reverand Emerson Davis states, that Mr. Noble's residence in Westfield was about 2 1/2 miles east of the present center of town, on the farm, where his son Deacon Thomas Noble, afterwards resided.
There, he doubtless lived in peace and quiet, until the commencement of "King Phillips War" in 1675. In this war, says Reverand Davis, "Mr. Noble was much exposed".
"One night during family prayers, Gray Lock (an old Indian) stepped up and pulled the string and let the door swing open, and as soon as all was quiet, he would pull the string again".
Mr. Noble was persuaded by his friends to move into town. Gray Lock, it is said "had several opportunities of killing most of his children at a shot, but did not want scalps as much as captives".
Thomas Noble having been chosen constable of Westfield, records of Hampshire County Court show, that on the 7th of April 1674, "he was sworne to discharge ye said office, which in those days was one of honor and trust. He took the Oath of Allegiance to his Majesty 23 January 1678, joined the Westfield Church 20 February 1681, was made a freeman 12th October 1681 and at Hampshire County Court 26th of September 1682, took the freeman's oath.
Thomas Noble married 01 November 1660 to Hannah Warriner,who was born in Springfield, Massachusetts 17th August 1643, the only daughter of William and Joanna (Searle) Warriner. She joined Westfield Church 11 November 1680. After Thomas Noble's death she married Deacon Medad Pomeroy. Medad Pomeroy was a blacksmith, town clerk, deacon and representative in 1677, 1683-1684, 1686, 1690 and 1692, a man of large wealth for the times and much influence. Children of Thomas & Hannah (Warriner) Noble were: John born 06 March 1662, Hannah born 24 February 1664, Thomas born 14 January 1666, Matthew born 1668, Mark born ?, Elizabeth born 09 February 1673, Luke born 15 July 1675, James born 01 October 1677, Mary born 29 June 1680 and Rebecca born 04 January 1683.
History and Genealogy of the Family of Thomas Noble of Westfield, Massachusetts
Author: Lucius M. Boltwood
Publication: Private, Hartford, Connecticut - 1878

Notes for HANNAH WARNER WARRINER:
History of Ancient Wethersfield,Connecticut: comprising the present towns of Wethersfield,
Rocky Hill, and Newington
Author: Sherman W. Adams
Publication: Grafton Press, New York - 1904
Volume. 2, page 53
Children of THOMAS NOBLE and HANNAH WARRINER are:
i. JOHN3 NOBLE, b. 06 Mar 1661/62, Springfield,Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. 17 Aug 1714, New Milford,Litchfield County,Connecticut.
3. ii. HANNAH NOBLE, b. 24 Feb 1663/64, Springfield,Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. 1741, Hadley,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
4. iii. THOMAS NOBLE,3RD,DEACON, b. 14 Jan 1665/66, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. 29 Jul 1750, Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut.
5. iv. JAMES NOBLE,SR., b. 01 Oct 1667, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. 18 Jan 1711/12, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
6. v. MATTHEW NOBLE,SR., b. Feb 1667/68, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. Sheffield,Berkshire County,Massachusetts.
vi. MARK NOBLE, b. Aug 1670, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. 16 Apr 1741.
7. vii. ELIZABETH NOBLE, b. 09 Feb 1672/73, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. 10 Aug 1751, Colchester,New London County,Connecticut.
8. viii. LUKE NOBLE, b. 15 Jul 1675, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. 21 Mar 1743/44, Benson,Vermont.
ix. MARY NOBLE, b. 29 Jun 1680, Springfield,Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. Aft. 1741, Springfield,Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
9. x. REBECCA NOBLE, b. 04 Jan 1682/83, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. 1759, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.

Generation No. 3
3. HANNAH3 NOBLE (THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 24 Feb 1663/64 in Springfield,Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 1741 in Hadley,Hampden County,Massachusetts. She married JOHN GOODMAN,SR. Abt. 01 Dec 1797 in Hadley,Hampden County,Massachusetts. He was born 13 Oct 1661 in Hadley,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died in Hadley,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
Notes for HANNAH NOBLE:
Hannah Goodman b: 29 MAY 1689 in Hadley, Hampshire Co., MA
Hannah Goodman b: 15 JAN 1697 in Hadley, Hampshire Co., MA
Stephen Goodman b: 17 AUG 1699 in Hadley, Hampshire Co., MA
James Goodman b: 07 FEB 1707 in Hadley, Hampshire
Child of HANNAH NOBLE and JOHN GOODMAN is:
i. JOHN4 GOODMAN,JR., b. 29 Sep 1686, Hadley,Hampden County,Massachusetts.

4. THOMAS3 NOBLE,3RD,DEACON (THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 14 Jan 1665/66 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 29 Jul 1750 in Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut. He married ELIZABETH DEWEY 19 Dec 1695 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, daughter of THOMAS DEWEY and CONSTANCE HAWES. She was born 10 Jan 1676/77 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 02 Oct 1757 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
Notes for THOMAS NOBLE,3RD,DEACON:
History of New Milford & Bridgewater,Connecticut - 1707 to 1882
Rev. Samuel B. Orcutt
Publication: Case, Lockwood, and Brainard Company
Hartford, 1882, reprint edition 1976 with additions & corrections
Owned Church Covenant
October 11,1696
Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts
Deacon on May 25,1712
From Savage :
---
"THOMAS, Westfield, prob. s. of the preced. m. 19 Dec. 1695, Elizabeth d. of the sec. Thomas Dewey, had Thomas, b. 10 Sept. 1696: Job, 28 Jan. 1699, d. at 5 mos.; Jonathan, 1 May 1700, d. at 19 yrs.; Seth, 30 Oct. 1702, d. in few wks. Israel, 20 Sept. 1703, Elizabeth 3 Sept. 1705; Lois, 4 July 1708; Ebenezer, 11 Oct. 1711; Thankful, 31 May 1714; Ann, 30 Oct. 1716; and Jonathan, 23 May 1721; was deac. and d. 29 July 1730; and his wid. d. 2 Oct. 1757."
From Virkus :
---
NOBLE, JOHN, Westfield, prob. s. of the first Thomas, m. 13 Sept.1682, Abigail, d. of John Sacket, had Abigail, b. 30 June 1683, and his w. d. in 3 days; by sec. w. had John, 15 Feb. 1685; Stephen, 15 Aug.
1688; William, d. young; David, 25 Jan. 1695; Hannah, 2 Nov. 1697;Sarah, 22 Mar. 1699; and Mabel, 28 Feb. 1705. He d. at New Milford, 17 Aug. 1714. MARK, Westfield, prob. br. of the preced. m. 10
Dec. 1690, Hannah, d. of the sec. Thomas Dewey, had Joseph, b. 8 Oct.1691, Hezekiah, 14 May 1694; Matthew, 19 Sept. 1698; Solomon, 23 Dec. 1700; Elisha, 9 Feb. 1703; Obadiah, 19 Oct. 1705; Hannah, 11 Oct. 1707; Esther, 6 June 1710; and Rhoda, 17 Apr. 1717.
THOMAS, Boston 1652, rem. to Springfield, m. 1 Nov. 1660, Hannah, only d. of William Warriner, rem. to Westfield, 1669, freem. 1681, rep. 1692, bef.going thither had John, b. 1662, bef. ment.; Hannah, 24 Feb. 1664, wh.m. John Goodman of Hadley, and next, 12 Oct. 1728, Nathaniel Edwards of Northampton; and Thomas, 14 Jan. 1667......
He had at W.Eliz. b. 9 Feb. 1673; Luke, 15 July 1675; James, 1 Oct. 1677; Mary,29 June 1680; and Rebecca, 4 Jan. 1683; but when or whence he came is unkn. His d. was 20 Jan. 1704, and the widow Hannah m. deacon.Medad Pomeroy.......
THOMAS, Westfield, prob. s. of the preced. m. 19 Dec. 1695, Eliz. d. of the sec. Thomas Dewey, had Thomas, b. 10 Sept. 1696: Job, 28 Jan. 1699, d. at 5 mos.; Jonathan, 1 May 1700, d. at 19 yrs.; Seth, 30 Oct. 1702, d. in few wks. Israel, 20 Sept. 1703,Eliz. 3 Sept. 1705; Lois, 4 July 1708; Ebenezer, 11 Oct. 1711;Thankful, 31 May 1714; Ann, 30 Oct. 1716; and Jonathan, 23 May 1721; was deac. and d. 29 July 1730; and his wid. d. 2 Oct. 1757.
WILLIAM, Flushing, L. I. was, in 1664, employ. by the Conn. Col.Six of this name had been gr. at Yale, and nine at the other N. E. coll.in 1834, says Farmer's MS. wh. is the more observ. bec. none was of Harv. or Dart.
Henry Whittemore
Genealogical Guide to the Early Settlers of America
Baltimore,Maryland
Genealogical Publishing Company - 1967
A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England, Showing Three Generations of Those who Came before May, 1692, on the Basis of Farmer's Register
-----
James Savage; compiled by O. P. Dexter
A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England, Showing Three Generations of Those who Came before May, 1692, on the Basis of Farmer's Register....
The best known and most frequently used genealogical dictionary.
This monumental work gives the name of every settler who came to New England before 1692, regardless of his rank, station in life or fortune. Traces the descendants of each person, giving dates of marriage and death, dates of birth, marriage and death of his children, and the birth dates and names of his grandchildren, thus recording the beginning of the third generation in New England. Binding is 4 vols. 2,541 pp.)
Library of Congress Catalog Card No. 65-18541
Boston: 1860-1862
Reprinted with "Genealogical Notes and Errata," excerpted from The New England Historical and Genealogical Register,
Vol. XXVII, No. 2, April, 1873, pp. 135-139, And A Genealogical Cross Index of the Four Volumes of the Genealogical Dictionary of James Savage, by O. P. Dexter, 1884.
Virkus's Abridged Compendium (1925)
The Abridged Compendium of American Genealogy
Frederick Virkus, The Abridged Compendium of American Genealogy
Ppublished by F. A. Virkus and Company, Chicago, IL: 1925
Genealogical Publishing Company,Inc.
Baltimore,Maryland
1965,1969,1977,1981,1986, 1990
-----
New England Historic Genealogical Society
Boston, MA 02116
Torrey's New England Marriages
New England Marriages Prior To 1700
Clarence Almon Torrey, New England Marriages Prior To 1700
Baltimore, Maryland:
Genealogical Publishing Company, Inc., 1985
The New England Historical and Genealogical Register
New England Historical and Genealogical Register
Boston, Massachusetts
New England Historical and Genealogical Society
The NEHGR or "Register" is the oldest and best known genealogical publication in North America.
It focuses primarily on the genealogy of New England and the northeastern United States.
----
101 Newbury Street
Boston,Massachusetts
The Genealogies and Estates of Charlestown
Thomas Bellows Wyman, The Genealogies and Estates of Charlestown in the County of Middlesex and Commonwealth of Massachusetts 1629-1818, 2 volumes
Boston,Massachusetts
D. Clapp and Son, 1879
Reprinted by the New England History Press, 1982
---
?A little over a hundred years have passed since the first publication of Thomas Bellows Wyman's The Genealogies and Estates of Charlestown in 1879. Its broad scope, the thoroughness of its scholarship and the meticulousness of its detail have made it an indispensable tool for the student of history, and the genealogist alike. It has continuously enjoyed the reputation of being one of the best and most accurate books of its type. Charlestown is particularly fortunate in that almost all of its early records have survived, despite the burning of the town by the British in 1775.
What makes The Genealogies and Estates of Charlestown superior to most other works of its kind is that the author utilized not only obvious sources of information-town and church records-but other types of documents as well, particularly the deeds, and probate and court files of Middlesex County. For over thirty years Wyman collected material from many sources relating to Charlestown's inhabitants from its earliest settlement to 1818, carefully sifting them for their genealogical value. Correlating the facts from these sources and weighing the evidence in his typi­cally impartial manner, he produced a book whose accuracy has stood up to a century of scrutiny.
The result is a monumental genealogical compendium of all families and individuals for nearly the first two centuries of the town's existence. As one of the older settlements in New England, Charlestown is genealogically one of the most significant. Many well established families trace their be­ginnings to Charlestown. From this base people settled all over New England and beyond, and today thousands of Americans can trace lines of ancestry back to its early families. Thus, the book's importance reaches well beyond Charles­town's borders. In addition to being a "parent" town, Charlestown was a major seaport, attracting a constant stream of merchants, mariners and seamen, some of whom intermarried with the local populace and added to the blend of surnames. The most remarkable feature of the book is Wyman's complete lack of discrimination between the distinguished and less distinguished town residents. Most town histories written before or since typically devote most of their space to prominent individuals or families or those of long-standing residence while only mentioning briefly -- or omitting entirely -- the lesser lights. Wyman's method allowed for no such distinction. He was fond of saying that the persons and families eminent in social station or political preferment were sure of recog­nition in a thousand ways not open to their less fortunate neighbors, and that his aim had been to gather the scattered memorials of the many, rather than to write panegyrics on the few.
The book's plan is straightforward, and the alphabetical arrangement of the genealogies does away with the need for a name index. For the larger families an index for the heads of each individual family group is provided at the beginning of the family sketch. Each sketch is divided into two parts: the genealogies and the estates. It is this latter section in which the author makes his most valuable contribution. By making these records readily available, the need to seek out the often inaccessible or deteriorating originals, is eliminated. Besides the genealogies and estates, several other features contribute to the book's usefulness.
Among these arc the chronological schedule of conveyances to 1818, a schedule of the ancient colored inhabitants on record prior to 1800, and an 1818 map of the town.....
The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record
Volumess. 1, NY: NYGBS, 1870
The NYGBR is one of the leading genealogical publications in North America.
----
New York Genealogical and Biographical Society
36 West 44th Street, 7th floor
New York,New York
10036-8105
Volume 6, pages 64 &. 66
Boston, Massachusetts
Lucius M. Boltwood
The History & Genealogy of the Family of Thomas Noble of Westfield, Massachusetts
Hartford, Connecticut - 1878, Page: 191
Life of George Dewey, Rear Admiral, U.S.N.; and Dewey Family History.
Being an authentic historical and genealogical record of more than fifteen thousand persons in the United States by the name of Dewey, and their descendants.
Life of Rear Admiral George Dewey, written and book ed. by Adelbert M. Dewey. Dewey family history comp. by Louis Marinus Dewey, assisted by William T. Dewey, and Orville C. Dewey.
----
Publisher: Dewey Publishing Company
Westfield,Massachusetts - 1898
Name: New England Historic Genealogical Society
Boston,MMassachusetts
L.Effingham de Forest & Anne Lawrence deForest
James Cox Brady & His Ancestry
New York:
The De Forest Publishing Company, 1933,Page: 339
Boston, Massachusetts
Lucius M. Boltwood
History & Genealogy of Family of Thomas Noble of Westfield,Massachusetts & Hartford,Conn - 1878
Boston, Massachusetts
Notes for ELIZABETH DEWEY:
New England Historical & Genealogical Register Page: 63:187
Lucius M. Boltwood
History & Genealogy of the Family of Thomas Noble of Westfield,Massachusetts ...
Hartford,Connecticut : Press of the Case
Lockwood & Brainard Company
Privately printed - 1878
Westfield, MA
Hartford, Conn.: Press of the Case, Lockwood & Brainard Co.
Privately printed - 1878, Pages 189-196
Children of THOMAS NOBLE and ELIZABETH DEWEY are:
i. THOMAS4 NOBLE,4TH, b. 10 Sep 1696, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. 18 Feb 1775, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
ii. JOB NOBLE, b. 28 Feb 1697/98, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. 25 Jun 1699, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
iii. JONATHAN NOBLE,1ST, b. 01 May 1700, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. Nov 1719, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
iv. BETH NOBLE, b. 30 Oct 1702, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. 04 Dec 1702, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
v. SARAH NOBLE, b. 30 Oct 1702, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. 04 Dec 1702, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
10. vi. ISREAL NOBLE,SR., b. 20 Sep 1703, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. 05 Jun 1759, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
11. vii. ELIZABETH NOBLE, b. 03 Jan 1705/06, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. 12 Nov 1793, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
viii. LOIS NOBLE, b. 04 Jul 1708, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. May 1737, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
12. ix. EBENEZER DEWEY NOBLE,SR., b. 11 Oct 1711, Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut; d. Jul 1779, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
x. THANKFUL NOBLE, b. 31 May 1714, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. 11 Apr 1781.
xi. ANNA NOBLE, b. 30 Oct 1716, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. Aft. 1787, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
xii. JONATHAN NOBLE,2ND, b. 23 May 1721, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. Simsbury,Hartford County,Connecticut.

5. JAMES3 NOBLE,SR. (THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 01 Oct 1667 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 18 Jan 1711/12 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts. He married (1) RUTH UNKNOWN,1ST WIFE Abt. 01 Jun 1698 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts. She was born 1680 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died Bef. 24 Feb 1703/04 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts. He married (2) KATHERINE HIGLEY,2ND WIFE 24 Feb 1703/04 in Hartford County,Connecticut, daughter of JOHN HIGHLEY and HANNAH DRAKE. She was born 07 Aug 1679 in Windsor,Hartford County,Connecticut, and died 07 Mar 1739/40 in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut.
Notes for JAMES NOBLE,SR.:
Higleys and their Ancestry
Author: Mary Coffin Johnson
Publication: New York
Appleton and Company -. 1896 Pages: 97 - 158 - 159
Notes for KATHERINE HIGLEY,2ND WIFE:
Children of JAMES NOBLE and RUTH UNKNOWN are:
i. JAMES4 NOBLE,JR,1ST, b. 29 Mar 1699, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
13. ii. DANIEL NOBLE,SR., b. 25 Nov 1700, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. 02 Jul 1779, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
Children of JAMES NOBLE and KATHERINE HIGLEY are:
iii. LYDIA4 NOBLE, b. 07 Dec 1704, Hartford County,Connecticut; d. Hartford County,Connecticut; m. STEPHEN KELSEY, Hartford County,Connecticut; b. Abt. 1700, Hartford County,Connecticut; d. Hartford County,Connecticut.
iv. JAMES NOBLE,JR., b. 12 Jan 1706/07, Hartford County,Connecticut; d. 04 Jan 1738/39, Hartford County,Connecticut.
14. v. DAVID NOBLE,SR, b. 03 Mar 1708/09, Hartford County,Connecticut to Eaton,Chenango County,New York; d. 18 Feb 1761, Gelead Cemetery,Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut.

6. MATTHEW3 NOBLE,SR. (THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born Feb 1667/68 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died in Sheffield,Berkshire County,Massachusetts. He married HANNAH DEWEY 1692 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, daughter of THOMAS DEWEY and CONSTANCE HAWES. She was born 1672 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 1748 in Sheffield,Berkshire County,Massachusetts.
Children of MATTHEW NOBLE and HANNAH DEWEY are:
15. i. MATTHEW4 NOBLE,JR., b. 1698, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. 1771, Benson,Vermont.
16. ii. SOLOMON NOBLE, b. 1700, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. 1757, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
17. iii. ELISHA NOBLE, b. 1703, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. 1771, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
iv. OBEDIAH NOBLE, b. 1705, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
18. v. HESTER NOBLE, b. 1710, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.

7. ELIZABETH3 NOBLE (THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 09 Feb 1672/73 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 10 Aug 1751 in Colchester,New London County,Connecticut. She married RICHARD CHURCH,1ST HUSBAND 03 Mar 1691/92 in Hampden County,Massachusetts. He was born 1670 in Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died Bef. 25 Oct 1738 in Hampden County,Massachusetts.
Notes for RICHARD CHURCH,1ST HUSBAND:
Hannah Church b: 05 OCT 1692 in Westfield, Hampden Co., MA
John Church b: 12 JAN 1694 in Westfield, Hampden Co., MA
Rachel Church b: 01 MAR 1695 in Westfield, Hampden Co., MA
James Church b: 26 OCT 1696 in Westfield, Hampden Co., MA
Joseph Church b: 07 DEC 1698 in Westfield, Hampden Co., MA
Jonathan Church b: 07 DEC 1700 in Westfield, Hampden Co., MA
Samuel Church b: 28 NOV 1702 in Westfield, Hampden Co., MA
Elizabeth Church b: 26 MAR 1705 in Westfield, Hampden Co., MA
----
Marriage 2 Samuel Loomis b: 12 AUG 1666 in Windsor, Hartford Co., CT
Married: 25 OCT 1738
Child of ELIZABETH NOBLE and RICHARD CHURCH is:
i. HANNAH4 CHURCH, b. 05 Oct 1692, Hampden County,Massachusetts.

8. LUKE3 NOBLE (THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 15 Jul 1675 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 21 Mar 1743/44 in Benson,Vermont. He married RUTH WRIGHT 1710 in Benson,Vermont. She was born 1687 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died in Benson,Vermont.
Children of LUKE NOBLE and RUTH WRIGHT are:
i. MOSES4 NOBLE, b. 1710, Benson,Vermont.
19. ii. ASA NOBLE, b. 1715, Benson,Vermont; d. 1797, Benson,Vermont.
20. iii. SAMUEL NOBLE, b. 1722, Westfield,Massachusetts; d. 1773, Westfield,Massachusetts.

9. REBECCA3 NOBLE (THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 04 Jan 1682/83 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 1759 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts. She married SAMUEL LOOMIS,JR. 03 Feb 1702/03 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, son of SAMUEL LOOMIS,SR.. He was born 28 Apr 1681 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 27 Oct 1758 in Sheffield,Berkshire County,Massachusetts.
Notes for REBECCA NOBLE:
Rachel Loomis b: 10 MAR 1709 in Westfield, Hampden Co., MA
Rebecca Loomis b: 25 DEC 1710 in Westfield, Hampden Co., MA
Mable Loomis b: 21 FEB 1712 in Westfield, Hampden Co., MA
David Loomis b: 15 FEB 1714 in Westfield, Hampden Co., MA
Mary Loomis b: 02 NOV 1718 in Westfield, Hampden Co., MA
Moses Loomis b: 19 DEC 1720 in Westfield, Hampden Co., MA
Children of REBECCA NOBLE and SAMUEL LOOMIS are:
i. REBECCA4 LOOMIS, b. 01 Nov 1704, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
ii. SAMUEL LOOMIS,3RD, b. 19 Aug 1707, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
Generation No. 4
10. ISREAL4 NOBLE,SR. (THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 20 Sep 1703 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 05 Jun 1759 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts. He married MARGARET WELLER,1ST WIFE 25 Jan 1731/32 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts. She was born 26 Sep 1709 in Springfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died Bef. 30 May 1739 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
Notes for ISREAL NOBLE,SR.:
American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI)
Name: Israel Noble Birth Date: 1703 Birthplace: Connecticut Volume: 125 Page Number: 352
A genealogical dict. of the first settlers of New England, showing three generations of those who came before May, 1692. By James Savage. Boston. 1861. (4v.)v.4:286
Lucius M. Boltwood
History & Genealogy of the Family of Thomas Noble of Westfield,Massachusetts ...
Privately printed - 1878
Westfield, MA
Hartford, Conn.: Press of the Case
assachusettsockwood & Brainard Company
Privately printed - 1878, Pages 182-183 - 212-214
Marriage 2 Elizabeth MILLER b: 12 MAR 1707 in Springfield, Hampden, MA1
Married: 30 MAY 1739 in Westfield, Hampden, MA
Margaret NOBLE b: 11 MAY 1740 in Westfield, Hampden, MA
Shadrack NOBLE b: 9 AUG 1741 in Westfield, Hampden, MA
Thankful NOBLE b: 17 JUL 1743 in Westfield, Hampden, MA
Hannah NOBLE b: 5 FEB 1745 in Westfield, Hampden, MA
Margaret NOBLE b: 21 OCT 1746 in Westfield, Hampden, MA
Roger NOBLE b: 3 AUG 1748 in Westfield, Hampden, MA
Thankful NOBLE b: 31 MAR 1752 in Westfield, Hampden, MA
Anne NOBLE b: 13 JUN 1754 in Westfield, Hampden, MA
Child of ISREAL NOBLE and MARGARET WELLER is:
i. ISREAL5 NOBLE,JR., b. 24 Apr 1733, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.

11. ELIZABETH4 NOBLE (THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 03 Jan 1705/06 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 12 Nov 1793 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts. She married JOHN SHEPHERD,JR. 20 May 1731 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, son of JOHN SHEPHERD and ELIZABETH WOODRUFF. He was born 18 Nov 1706 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 08 Aug 1783 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
Notes for ELIZABETH NOBLE:
Lucius M. Boltwood
Privately printed - 1878
Westfield, MA
Child of ELIZABETH NOBLE and JOHN SHEPHERD is:
i. GIDEON5 SHEPHERD, b. 06 Jan 1746/47, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.

12. EBENEZER DEWEY4 NOBLE,SR. (THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 11 Oct 1711 in Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut, and died Jul 1779 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts. He married ABIGAIL PALMER Abt. 01 May 1731 in Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut, daughter of TIMOTHY PALMER and ABIGAIL ALLEN. She was born 09 Feb 1710/11 in Rowley,Essex County,Massachusetts, and died 1784 in Lanesboro,Berkshire County,Massachusetts.
Notes for EBENEZER DEWEY NOBLE,SR.:
History of New Milford & Bridgewater,Connecticut - 1707 to 1882
Rev. Samuel B. Orcutt
Publication: Case, Lockwood, and Brainard Company
Hartford, 1882, reprint edition 1976 with additions & corrections
Descendants of Joseph Easton 1636-1899
William Starr Easton
Publication: St.Paul,Minnesota - 18999, Page: 34
Record of Marriages, Births and Deaths Westfield Prior to 1700,Page 270
Westfield Church of Christ Book of Baptisms
New England Historical & Genealogical Register Page: 63:183
BIBLIOGRAPHY:
Edith Austin Moore
The Descendants of Richard Austin of Charlestown Massachusetts - 1638
Unpublished manuscript
LDS Film #0873972#2.
Barbour VR - Suffield
Schott, Nancy E., compiler
Barbour Collection of Connecticut Town Vital Records;Suffield 1674-1850
Baltimore, Maryland:
Genealogical pub. co., 2002, Pages 258- 259
Name: Ebenezer Noble Birth Date: 1711 Birthplace: Connecticut
Volume: 125 Page Number: 345
A genealogical dict. of the first settlers of New England, showing three generations of those who came before May, 1692. By James Savage. Boston. 1861. (4v.)v.4:286
Notes for ABIGAIL PALMER:
Lucius M. Boltwood
Privately printed - 1878
Westfield, MA
Edward Taylor's Church Records and Related Sermons
By Thomas & Virginia Davis, eds. - 1981,Page 264
Children of EBENEZER NOBLE and ABIGAIL PALMER are:
21. i. ABIGAIL5 NOBLE, b. 15 Apr 1736, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts or Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut; d. Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut.
22. ii. ANNA NOBLE, b. 08 Jan 1737/38, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts or Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut; d. Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut.
iii. EBENEZER NOBLE,JR., b. 23 Dec 1739, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts or Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut; d. Apr 1817; m. ROXEY CHYLE.
iv. JOEL NOBLE, b. 16 Jan 1741/42, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts or Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut.
23. v. RACHEL NOBLE, b. 31 Dec 1743, Suffield Township,,Hartford County,Connecticut; d. 19 Aug 1819, Suffield Township,,Hartford County,Connecticut.
vi. ESTHER NOBLE, b. 06 Oct 1745, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts or Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut.
24. vii. NATHAN NOBLE,SR.,CAPTAIN, b. 20 Nov 1747, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts or Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut; d. 11 Nov 1820, Colesville,Broome County,New York.
25. viii. TIMOTHY NOBLE, b. 15 Apr 1752, Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut; d. 16 Aug 1818, Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut.

13. DANIEL4 NOBLE,SR. (JAMES3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 25 Nov 1700 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 02 Jul 1779 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts. He married REBECCA STEBBINS 15 Jun 1731 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts. She was born 29 Jun 1701 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 16 Jan 1760 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
Notes for DANIEL NOBLE,SR.:
Child of DANIEL NOBLE and REBECCA STEBBINS is:
26. i. RUTH5 NOBLE, b. 06 Mar 1731/32, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts; d. 17 Mar 1817, Castleton,Vermont.

14. DAVID4 NOBLE,SR (JAMES3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 03 Mar 1708/09 in Hartford County,Connecticut to Eaton,Chenango County,New York, and died 18 Feb 1761 in Gelead Cemetery,Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut. He married ABIGAIL LOOMIS 17 May 1731 in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut, daughter of PHILLIP LOOMIS and HANNAH DEWEY. She was born 30 Apr 1711 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 1802 in Pittsfield,Ostego County,New York.
Notes for DAVID NOBLE,SR:
Connecticut Town Birth Records, pre-1870 (Barbour Collection)
Name: Hannah Noble[Hannah Nobell] Birth Date: 15 May 1752
Birth Location: Hebron Parent Name: David
Descendants of Joseph Loomis in America And his Antecedents In the Old World
Author: Elias Loomis
Publication: 1875, 1908 by Elias Loomis
Copyright, 1909 by Elisha Scott Loomis
Published November 1909
This book contains the history and genealogy of the Joseph Loomis who landed in Boston in 1638.
Bibliographic Information: Loomis, Elias. Descendants of Joseph Loomis in America.
Published by the author. 1909,.Page 140
Notes for ABIGAIL LOOMIS:
About1802 in the home of her son Aaron in Pittsfield,Ostego County,New York
Barbour Collection of Connecticut Town Vital Records
Author:, Lorraine Cook White
Publication: Genealogy Publishing Company, Inc
Baltimore MD 2000
Volume 35
Wisconsin Historical Society Library and DAR Library
Volume 18, page 203
----
Volume 2 page 214
Early Connecticut Marriages
Author: Bailey, Frederick W
Genealogy Publishing Company,Inc
Baltimore MD 1968
Actually 7 books with separate indices which is a nuisance, mostly church records from
early to mid 1700's
Children of DAVID NOBLE and ABIGAIL LOOMIS are:
27. i. DAVID5 NOBLE,JR.,CAPTAIN, b. 25 Jan 1731/32, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut; d. 05 Aug 1776, Skeensborouggh now Whitehall,New York.
ii. OLIVER NOBLE,MINISTER, b. 03 Mar 1733/34, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut.
28. iii. JAMES NOBLE,SR.,CAPTAIN, b. 09 Jul 1736, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut; d. 23 Feb 1813, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut or 1817 in Orwell,Vermont.
iv. KATHERINE NOBLE, b. 05 Jul 1738, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut; d. Bef. 1780, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut; m. ALEXANDER INGHAM, 01 May 1759, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut; b. 1730, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut; d. Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut.
v. THIRZA NOBLE, b. 27 Jul 1740, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut; d. Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut; m. JONATHAN BOOTH, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut; b. 1734, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut; d. Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut.
vi. ENOCH NOBLE,DIED YOUNG, b. 25 Dec 1742, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut.
vii. ABIGAIL NOBLE, b. Abt. 16 Mar 1744/45, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut; d. Aug 1792, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut; m. COFFIL WOOD, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut; b. 1740, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut; d. 1796, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut.
29. viii. AARON NOBLE,SR., b. 25 Nov 1748, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut; d. Mar 1813, Pittsfield,Otsego County,New York.
ix. LYDIA NOBLE, b. 29 Mar 1750, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut.
30. x. HANNAH NOBLE, b. 15 May 1752, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut; d. 14 Dec 1813, Pittsfield,Massachusetts.
xi. JOHN NOBLE,STILLBORN, b. 17 Mar 1755, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut; d. 17 Mar 1755.

15. MATTHEW4 NOBLE,JR. (MATTHEW3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 1698 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 1771 in Benson,Vermont. He married JOANNA STEBBINS 1720 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts. She was born 1697 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died in Benson,Vermont.
Children of MATTHEW NOBLE and JOANNA STEBBINS are:
31. i. BETHIAH5 NOBLE, b. 1721, Benson,Vermont; d. 1787, Benson,Vermont.
ii. RHODA NOBLE, b. 1730, Benson,Vermont.
iii. MATTHEW NOBLE,3RD, b. 1736, Benson,Vermont.
iv. PAUL NOBLE, b. 1740, Benson,Vermont.

16. SOLOMON4 NOBLE (MATTHEW3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 1700 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 1757 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts. He married HEPZIBAH BETTS 1722 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts. She was born 1703 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
Child of SOLOMON NOBLE and HEPZIBAH BETTS is:
i. MOLLY5 NOBLE, b. 1730, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.

17. ELISHA4 NOBLE (MATTHEW3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 1703 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 1771 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts. He married ABIGAIL WARNER 1728 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, daughter of MARK WARNER and LYDIA PHELPS. She was born 1704 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
Children of ELISHA NOBLE and ABIGAIL WARNER are:
i. ABIGAIL5 NOBLE, b. 1728, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
ii. HANNAH NOBLE, b. 1735, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.

18. HESTER4 NOBLE (MATTHEW3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 1710 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts. She married MOSES KING 1730 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts. He was born 1706 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.
Child of HESTER NOBLE and MOSES KING is:
i. RHODA5 KING, b. 1730, Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts.

19. ASA4 NOBLE (LUKE3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 1715 in Benson,Vermont, and died 1797 in Benson,Vermont. He married BETHIAH NOBLE 1744 in Benson,Vermont, daughter of MATTHEW NOBLE and JOANNA STEBBINS. She was born 1721 in Benson,Vermont, and died 1787 in Benson,Vermont.
Children of ASA NOBLE and BETHIAH NOBLE are:
i. RUTH5 NOBLE, b. 1744, Benson,Vermont.
32. ii. ITHAMAR NOBLE, b. 1763, Benson,Vermont; d. 1802, Benson,Vermont.

20. SAMUEL4 NOBLE (LUKE3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 1722 in Westfield,Massachusetts, and died 1773 in Westfield,Massachusetts.
He married CATHERINE FOWLER in Westfield,Massachusetts. She was born 1723, and died in Westfield,Massachusetts.
Child of SAMUEL NOBLE and CATHERINE FOWLER is:
i. LYDIA5 NOBLE, b. 1768, Westfield,Massachusetts.

Generation No. 5
21. ABIGAIL5 NOBLE (EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 15 Apr 1736 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts or Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut, and died in Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut. She married ELIJAH EASTON 23 Sep 1757 in Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut. He was born 14 Jul 1735 in Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut, and died in Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut.
Notes for ELIJAH EASTON:
Iris EASTON b: 29 JUL 1760 in Suffield, Hartford, CT
Anna EASTON b: 15 AUG 1762 in Suffield, Hartford, CT
Oliver EASTON b: 20 NOV 1765 in Suffield, Hartford, CT
Gad EASTON b: 3 DEC 1767 in Suffield, Hartford, CT
Mary 'Polly' EASTON b: 7 MAY 1778 in Suffield, Hartford, CT
Children of ABIGAIL NOBLE and ELIJAH EASTON are:
i. ELIJAH6 EASTON, b. 16 Jan 1758, Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut.
ii. ABIGAIL EASTON, b. 16 May 1759, Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut.

22. ANNA5 NOBLE (EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 08 Jan 1737/38 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts or Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut, and died in Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut. She married BENJAMIN KENT Abt. 1757 in Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut. He was born 19 Nov 1740 in Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut, and died in Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut.
Child of ANNA NOBLE and BENJAMIN KENT is:
i. ANNA6 KENT,2ND WIFE, b. 23 Jul 1770, Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut; d. New London County,Connecticut; m. JAMES CHADWICK, 27 Jan 1798, New London,New London County,Connecticut; b. 04 Sep 1767, New London County,Connecticut; d. New London County,Connecticut.

23. RACHEL5 NOBLE (EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 31 Dec 1743 in Suffield Township,,Hartford County,Connecticut, and died 19 Aug 1819 in Suffield Township,,Hartford County,Connecticut. She married NATHANIEL REMINGTON,LEUITENANT 12 Feb 1777 in Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut, son of JOHN REMINGTON and THANKFUL WARNER. He was born 17 Aug 1736 in Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut, and died 27 Oct 1816 in Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut.
Notes for RACHEL NOBLE:
New England Historical & Genealogical Register, Page: 64:183
Child of RACHEL NOBLE and NATHANIEL REMINGTON is:
33. i. JONATHAN6 REMINGTON, b. 12 Nov 1777, Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut; d. 18 Aug 1851, Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut.

24. NATHAN5 NOBLE,SR.,CAPTAIN (EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 20 Nov 1747 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts or Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut, and died 11 Nov 1820 in Colesville,Broome County,New York. He married PHOEBE AUSTIN 16 May 1775 in Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut, daughter of CALEB AUSTIN and PHOEBE KING. She was born 04 Sep 1752 in Massachusetts now in Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut, and died 06 Jun 1810 in Unadilla,Ostego County,New York.
Notes for NATHAN NOBLE,SR.,CAPTAIN:
BIBLIOGRAPHY:
Edith Austin Moore
Unpublished manuscript
LDS Film #0873972#2.
Residence was in Norwich,Massachusetts -1791
Cambridge,Washington County,New York - 1805
Colesville, Broome County,New York
Lucius M. Boltwood
Privately printed - 1878
Westfield, MA
Edward Taylor's Church Records and Related Sermons
By Thomas & Virginia Davis, eds. - 1981,Page 264
Notes for PHOEBE AUSTIN:
Name: Caleb Anthony Austin Birth Date: 1719 Birthplace: Connecticut
Volume: 05 Page Number: 402
Gen. Column of the " Boston Transcript". 1906-1941.
The greatest single source of material for gen. Data for the N.E. area and for the period 1600-1800.
Completely indexed in the Index.): Mar 19, 1928, 6599
U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900
Name: Caleb Austin Birth Place: CT Birth Year: 1718
Spouse Name: Phebe King Marriage Year: 1751 Number Pages: 11
Bibliography
Maud S Conrad Baker
Genealogical Record of Robert Austin and his Lineal Descendants
M.C.Baker - 1928 - Univ.
Microfile #G2474.
George Brainard Blodgette
Early Settlers of Rowley Masachusetts, Rowley:
Amos Everett Jewett - 1933
LDS Film#1321370 item#1.
William Richard Cutter
New England Families,New York:
Lewis Historical Publishing Company - 1913
M-LH 974 Cut
John Farmer
A Genealogical Register of the First Settlers of New England,Lancaster,Massachusetts
Carter, Andrew & Company 1829
Royal R. Hinman
Catalogue of the Names of the Early Puritan Settlers of the Colony of Connecticut, with the Time of their arrival in the Country and Colony,
their standing in society, place of residence, condition in life, where from, business, &c, as far as is found on record.
Hartford: Case, Tiffany and Company -1852.
Edith Austin Moore
The Descendants of Richard Austin of Charlestown,Massachusetts 1638
Unpublished manuscript
LDS Film#0873972#2.
James Savage
A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England, showing three generations of those who came before May 1692, on the basis of Farmer's Register
Genealogical Publishing Company
Baltimore,Maryland - 1965
Patricia Walters
Walters, Herrmann, and other related families
Notebooks of 23 volumes
SLC: GeneSoc
Utah - 1989
Volume 4 (AUSTIN)
Film#1597565#4.
Children of NATHAN NOBLE and PHOEBE AUSTIN are:
34. i. ELIZABETH 'BETSY'6 NOBLE,2ND WIFE, b. 11 Feb 1778, Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut; d. 1865, Lakeside Memorial Park Cemetery,Waupaca,Waupaca County,Wisconsin.
ii. EBENEZER NOBLE,SR., b. 24 Oct 1779, Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut; d. 11 Apr 1853, Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut; m. ROXEY CHYLE, 10 Jul 1819, Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut; b. Abt. 1800, Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut; d. Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut.
iii. NATHAN NOBLE,JR., b. 20 Sep 1781, Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut; d. 22 May 1811.
iv. PHOEBE NOBLE, b. 27 Feb 1782, Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut; d. 21 Mar 1869.
35. v. GUSTAVIS ADOLPHUS NOBLE, b. 08 Mar 1784, Norwich,Hampshire County,Massachusetts or Norwich,New London County,Connecticut; d. 07 Apr 1873, Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio.
vi. APOLLOS AUSTIN NOBLE, b. 22 Oct 1787, Norwich,Hampshire County,Massachusetts; d. 12 Apr 1853.
vii. JOEL KING NOBLE, b. 14 Oct 1789, Norwich,Hampshire County,Massachusetts.

25. TIMOTHY5 NOBLE (EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 15 Apr 1752 in Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut, and died 16 Aug 1818 in Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut. He married SARAH BLACKMAN Abt. 01 Sep 1775 in Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut. She was born 1754 in Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut, and died 10 Aug 1845 in Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut.
Child of TIMOTHY NOBLE and SARAH BLACKMAN is:
36. i. WINTHROP6 NOBLE, b. 16 Jun 1776, Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut; d. 05 Jul 1825, Dayton,Warren County,Ohio.

26. RUTH5 NOBLE (DANIEL4, JAMES3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 06 Mar 1731/32 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 17 Mar 1817 in Castleton,Vermont. She married DAVID NOBLE,JR.,CAPTAIN 21 Feb 1753 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, son of DAVID NOBLE and ABIGAIL LOOMIS. He was born 25 Jan 1731/32 in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut, and died 05 Aug 1776 in Skeensborouggh now Whitehall,New York.
Notes for DAVID NOBLE,JR.,CAPTAIN:
Children of RUTH NOBLE and DAVID NOBLE are:
37. i. ENOCH6 NOBLE, b. 14 Jun 1763, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut; d. 01 Nov 1851, Springville,Wayne County,Pennsylvania.
ii. MARY 'POLLY' NOBLE, b. 15 Jun 1772, Pittsfield,Berkshire County,Massachusetts; d. 25 Nov 1847, Springville,Wayne County,Pennsylvania; m. UNKNOWN WHEELE, Springville,Wayne County,Pennsylvania; b. 1770, Springville,Wayne County,Pennsylvania; d. Springville,Wayne County,Pennsylvania.
Notes for MARY 'POLLY' NOBLE:
Eliza Ann Wheeler b: 19 SEP 1811
Fanny Maria Wheeler b: 24 SEP 1815

27. DAVID5 NOBLE,JR.,CAPTAIN (DAVID4, JAMES3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 25 Jan 1731/32 in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut, and died 05 Aug 1776 in Skeensborouggh now Whitehall,New York. He married RUTH NOBLE 21 Feb 1753 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, daughter of DANIEL NOBLE and REBECCA STEBBINS. She was born 06 Mar 1731/32 in Westfield,Hampden County,Massachusetts, and died 17 Mar 1817 in Castleton,Vermont.
Notes for DAVID NOBLE,JR.,CAPTAIN:
Children are listed above under (26) Ruth Noble.

28. JAMES5 NOBLE,SR.,CAPTAIN (DAVID4, JAMES3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 09 Jul 1736 in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut, and died 23 Feb 1813 in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut or 1817 in Orwell,Vermont. He married ANNA CADWELL,1ST WIFE 29 Nov 1758 in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut. She was born 1740 in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut, and died 11 Jul 1803 in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut.
Notes for JAMES NOBLE,SR.,CAPTAIN:
Name: James Noble [James Nobell] Birth Date: 9 Jul 1736
Birth Location: Hebron Parent Name: Dauid
Descendants of Joseph Loomis in America And his Antecedents In the Old World
Author: Elias Loomis
Publication: 1875, 1908 by Elias Loomis
Copyright, 1909 by Elisha Scott Loomis
Published November 1909
This book contains the history and genealogy of the Joseph Loomis who landed in Boston in 1638.
Bibliographic Information: Loomis, Elias. Descendants of Joseph Loomis in America.
Published by the author. 1909,.Pages 140 - 474
Children of JAMES NOBLE and ANNA CADWELL are:
38. i. JAMES6 NOBLE,JR., b. 1761, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut; d. 1843, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut.
39. ii. ELECTA NOBLE, b. 03 Mar 1771, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut; d. 15 Aug 1800, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut.

29. AARON5 NOBLE,SR. (DAVID4, JAMES3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 25 Nov 1748 in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut, and died Mar 1813 in Pittsfield,Otsego County,New York. He married EUNICE BAGG Abt. 1770 in Pittsfield,Otsego County,New York. She was born Abt. 1752 in Pittsfield,Otsego County,New York or Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut, and died 1817 in Pittsfield,Otsego County,New York.
Children of AARON NOBLE and EUNICE BAGG are:
i. EUNICE6 NOBLE, b. Abt. 1770, Pittsfield,Otsego County,New York; d. 1852.
ii. POMEROY NOBLE, b. Abt. 1773, Pittsfield,Otsego County,New York; d. 1822.
40. iii. AARON NOBLE,JR., b. 11 Mar 1775, Pittsfield,Otsego County,New York; d. 22 Aug 1813, Colesville,Broome County,New York.
iv. ABNER NOBLE, b. Abt. 1777, Pittsfield,Otsego County,New York.
v. CLARISSA NOBLE, b. Abt. 1779, Pittsfield,Otsego County,New York.
vi. ELIZABETH 'BETSY' NOBLE, b. Abt. 1781, Pittsfield,Otsego County,New York.
vii. OLIVER NOBLE, b. Abt. 1783, Pittsfield,Otsego County,New York; d. 27 Mar 1847.
viii. JAMES NOBLE, b. Abt. 1785, Pittsfield,Otsego County,New York.
ix. HENRY NOBLE, b. Abt. 1787, Pittsfield,Otsego County,New York; d. 19 Aug 1818.

30. HANNAH5 NOBLE (DAVID4, JAMES3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 15 May 1752 in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut, and died 14 Dec 1813 in Pittsfield,Massachusetts. She married KING STRONG 31 Jan 1770 in Pittsfield,Massachusetts, son of EZRA STRONG and MARY KING. He was born 04 Dec 1744 in Pittsfield,Massachusetts, and died 07 Apr 1839 in Pittsfield,Massachusetts.
Notes for HANNAH NOBLE:
Name: Hannah Noble[Hannah Nobell] Birth Date: 15 May 1752
Birth Location: Hebron Parent Name: David
Barbour Collection of Connecticut Town Vital Records
Author:, Lorraine Cook White
Publication: Genealogy Publishing Company, Inc
Baltimore MD 2000
Volume 35
Wisconsin Historical Society Library and DAR Library
Volume 18, page 203
----
Volume 2 page 214
Early Connecticut Marriages
Author: Bailey, Frederick W
Genealogy Publishing Company,Inc
Baltimore MD 1968
Actually 7 books with separate indices which is a nuisance, mostly church records from
early to mid 1700's
Children of HANNAH NOBLE and KING STRONG are:
i. LYDIA6 STRONG, b. Abt. 01 Dec 1770, Pittsfield,Massachusetts.
ii. SARAH STRONG, b. 03 May 1778, Pittsfield,Massachusetts.

31. BETHIAH5 NOBLE (MATTHEW4, MATTHEW3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 1721 in Benson,Vermont, and died 1787 in Benson,Vermont. She married ASA NOBLE 1744 in Benson,Vermont, son of LUKE NOBLE and RUTH WRIGHT. He was born 1715 in Benson,Vermont, and died 1797 in Benson,Vermont.
Children are listed above under (19) Asa Noble.

32. ITHAMAR5 NOBLE (ASA4, LUKE3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 1763 in Benson,Vermont, and died 1802 in Benson,Vermont. He married SUBMIT CROFOOT 1785 in Benson,Vermont. She was born 1766 in Benson,Vermont, and died in Benson,Vermont.
Child of ITHAMAR NOBLE and SUBMIT CROFOOT is:
41. i. BETHIA6 NOBLE, b. 1785, Benson,Vermont; d. 1851, Benson,Vermont.

Generation No. 6
33. JONATHAN6 REMINGTON (RACHEL5 NOBLE, EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 12 Nov 1777 in Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut, and died 18 Aug 1851 in Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut. He married MARY LEONARD 22 Dec 1814 in West Springfield,Massachusetts. She was born Abt. 1782 in West Springfield,Massachusetts, and died in Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut.
Children of JONATHAN REMINGTON and MARY LEONARD are:
i. LUCY LEONARD7 REMINGTON, b. Abt. 01 Oct 1815, Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut.
ii. JOHN DICKINSON REMINGTON, b. Abt. 1817, Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut.

34. ELIZABETH 'BETSY'6 NOBLE,2ND WIFE (NATHAN5, EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 11 Feb 1778 in Suffield,Hartford County,Connecticut, and died 1865 in Lakeside Memorial Park Cemetery,Waupaca,Waupaca County,Wisconsin. She married ELISHA HUMISTON 28 Sep 1809 in Broome County,New York, son of TITUS HUMISTON and BEULAH BATCHELOR. He was born 05 Nov 1776 in Litchfield,Litchfield County,Connecticut, and died 28 Nov 1851 in Humiston Cemetery,Abingdon,Knox County,Illinois.
Notes for ELIZABETH 'BETSY' NOBLE,2ND WIFE:
1865 living with son with her son Henry Hobart Humiston
Notes for ELISHA HUMISTON:
Name: Elisha Humaston[Elisha Hamaston, Hummiston, Hamiston, Hummastone]
Birth Date: 5 Nov 1776 Birth Location: Litchfield
Parent Name: Titus Parent Name: Beulah
From Notes of Phyllis Long
---
From the 1886 Portrait and Biographical Album of Knox County,
Biographical Publishing Company, Chicago, page 220.
Submitted by Pat Thomas.
Elisha Humiston (deceased) the gentleman whose name honors this brief review of a worthy life, was one among the earliest pioneers of Knox County, Ill., having arrived in the State in 1834. He was born in Connecticut not long subsequent to the War of Independence. He was twice married, his first wife being Elizabeth Hartshorn.
Two children, a son and a daughter, were born to the union, Hartson and Almira, both births occurring in Broome County, New York. The daughter married Mr. Gary Ruggles, a gentleman of prominence. While the country was still a wilderness, Mr. Humiston moved from Connecticut to Broome County, New York, and resided there until 1834, when he came to Knox County, Ill., settling in this township. Having lost his first wife, he married Betsy Noble by whom he had four children, Elizabeth, Phoebe, Delia and Hobert. The last three were early associated with the history of Knox County.
Hartson Humiston, who was born in Broome County, N Y., April 3,1805 was married in that place to Miss Mary Church, June 28, 1832, five children being the result of the union; Cyrus J., Mary E., Helen M., Francis M. and Joanna. The last named being the wife of Joseph F. Latimer, of Cedar Township, Knox County, Ill. In 1846, Mr. H. Humiston emigrated with his family from New York to Knox County, and immediately engaged in farming, with profit to himself and much satisfaction to those who had dealings with him, he continued in this occupation until his death, July 6, 1876.

Smith, H. P. History of Broome County : with illustrations and biographical sketches of some of its prominent men and pioneers
Syracuse: D. Mason, 1885, 660 pgs. Page 331
The first town meeting in the town was held on Cole's hill at the house of Nathaniel Cole, in 1822, and the following named officers were elected: -- Overseers of the poor--Nathaniel Cole Jr., and Elisha Humiston
A Warrenty Deed, dated Dec. 2, 1846, filed Feb. 19, 1847, consideration $50, was made for the purpose of a burying ground, containing one half acre, more or less.
This land was deeded off from Elisha's farm and is known today as the Humiston Cemetery.

Annals of Knox County
Commemorating centennial of admission of Illinois as a state of the Union in 1818.
Galesburg, Ill.: Republican Register Print, 1921, 230 pgs. Page 39 Coming with Thomas Marsh was Elisha Humiston and family who settled nearby. Mr. Humiston later moved on to Section 17. In the northwest part of this section is a small, fenced-in grave yard, known as the Humiston Burial Ground.

Land Transactions in New York
Humaston, Elisha from Daniel Seymour July 9, 1830 Town of Colesville
Humiston, Elisha from Chester S. Badger Nov. 1, 1822 Town of Windsor
Humiston, Elisha from Levi Bliss Oct. 1, 1823 Hammond patent
Humiston, Elisha from Chancey Blakeslee Oct. 1, 1823 Harpur patent
Blatchley, David from Elisha Humiston Sept.28, 1821 #43 Watts patent [davis3-05.FTW]
Marriage 1 Elizabeth Hartshorn b: 2 SEP 1778 in Plymouth, Litchfield, CT
Married: BEF 1803 in CT
Almira Humiston b: ABT 1803 in Broome Co., NY
Hartson Humiston b: 3 APR 1805 in Broome Co., NY
Children of ELIZABETH NOBLE and ELISHA HUMISTON are:
i. ELIZABETH HARTSON7 HUMISTON, b. 10 Nov 1810, Broome County,New York; d. 30 May 1831, Colesville,Broome County,New York.
ii. PHOEBE AUSTIN HUMISTON, b. 22 Mar 1813, Broome County,New York; d. 25 Nov 1842, Humiston Cemetery,Cherry Grove,Knox County,Illinois.
42. iii. HENRY HOBART HUMISTON, b. 21 Sep 1815, Broome County,New York; d. 1872, Lakeside Memorial Park Cemetery,Waupaca,Waupaca County,Wisconsin.
iv. DELIA CONANT HUMISTON, b. 09 May 1820, Broome County,New York; d. 17 Jun 1843, Humiston Cemetery,Cherry Grove,Knox County,Illinois.

35. GUSTAVIS ADOLPHUS6 NOBLE (NATHAN5, EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 08 Mar 1784 in Norwich,Hampshire County,Massachusetts or Norwich,New London County,Connecticut, and died 07 Apr 1873 in Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio. He married MARY FREEMAN,2ND WIFE 09 Jul 1807 in Broome,Schoharie County,New York. She was born 04 Jul 1783 in Colesville,Broome County,New York, and died 29 Sep 1865 in Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio.
Notes for GUSTAVIS ADOLPHUS NOBLE:
BIBLIOGRAPHY:
Edith Austin Moore
Unpublished manuscript
LDS Film#0873972#2.
1850 United States Federal Census
Name: Gustavus A Noble Age: 66 Estimated birth year: abt 1784 Birth Place: Massachusetts
Home in 1850 (City,County,State): Litchfield, Medina, Ohio Family Number: 1988
Household Members: Name Age
Gustavus A Noble 66
Mary Noble 67
George W Noble 26
Nathan A Noble 39
Frances Noble 40
Fitzland E Noble 16
Sarah M Noble 14
Irvine A Noble 11
Martha Noble 7
Louisa Noble 3
Sarah A Noble 7
1860 United States Federal Census
Name: Gustavus Nobles Age in 1860: 76 Birth Year: abt 1784 Birthplace: Massachusetts
Home in 1860: Litchfield, Medina, Ohio Post Office: Litchfield
Mary L A Nobles 6
Levi Moneysmith 21
Mary A Grimer 45
Jay S A Grimer 7
Gustavus Nobles 76
Mary Nobles 77
Joel O Nobles 47
Mary Nobles 38
Orville H Nobles 16
Mary E Nobles 13
1870 United States Federal Census
Name: Gustavis A Noble Birth Year: abt 1784 Age in 1870: 86
Birthplace: Massachusetts Home in 1870: Litchfield, Medina, Ohio
Race: White Post Office: Litchfield
George W Noble 46
Ann E Noble 38
Mary L A Noble 16
George W Noble 6
William E Noble 3
Gustavis A Noble 86
Stephan Smith 53
Children of GUSTAVIS NOBLE and MARY FREEMAN are:
43. i. AARON7 NOBLE, b. 18 Apr 1808, Colesville,Broome County,New York; d. New York.
ii. HIRAM KING NOBLE, b. 18 Apr 1808, Colesville,Broome County,New York; d. 11 Jul 1865.
iii. URSULA ANN NOBLE, b. 19 Feb 1809, Colesville,Broome County,New York; d. 02 Feb 1844.
44. iv. NATHAN AUSTIN NOBLE, b. 28 Nov 1810, Colesville,Broome County,New York; d. Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio.
45. v. JOEL ORRIVLLE NOBLE, b. 23 Nov 1812, Colesville,Broome County,New York; d. 25 Nov 1868, Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio.
vi. GUSTAVUS FREEMAN NOBLE, b. 17 Feb 1815, Colesville,Broome County,New York; d. 14 Dec 1848; m. HARRIET FANCHER, 15 Aug 1839, Lorain County,Ohio; b. Abt. 1820, Lorain County,Ohio.
vii. PHOEBE MARIA NOBLE, b. 13 Dec 1816, Colesville,Broome County,New York; d. 26 Jan 1870.
viii. SUSAN JANE NOBLE, b. 20 Sep 1818, Colesville,Broome County,New York; d. 31 Dec 1860.
ix. ELIZABETH ' BETSY' ANGELINE NOBLE, b. 25 Feb 1820, Colesville,Broome County,New York.
46. x. GEORGE WASHINGTON NOBLE,SR.,DOCTOR, b. 26 Sep 1823, Broome,Schoharie County,New York; d. 03 May 1903, Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio.

36. WINTHROP6 NOBLE (TIMOTHY5, EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 16 Jun 1776 in Suffield Township,Hartford County,Connecticut, and died 05 Jul 1825 in Dayton,Warren County,Ohio. He married RUTH POWELL 19 Jun 1799 in Lanesboro,Cheschire County,Massachusetts, daughter of MILES POWELL and JEMIMA ADKINS. She was born 24 Oct 1778 in Lanesboro,Cheschire County,Massachusetts, and died 04 Feb 1842 in Pembroke,New York.
Notes for WINTHROP NOBLE:
Residence: 1802 - 1803 Cheshire,Massachusetts
Residence: 1803 - 1812 Lanesboro,Massachusetts
Residence: 1812 - 1815 Cheshire,Massachusetts
Residence: 1815 - 1817 Lanesboro,Massachusetts
Residence: 1817 - 1820 Leroy,New York
Residence: 1820 - 1822 Batavia,Genesee County,New York
Residence: 1822 - 1825 Dayton,Warren County,Ohio
Children of WINTHROP NOBLE and RUTH POWELL are:
47. i. JOEL POWELL7 NOBLE,SR., b. 27 Jul 1800, Lanesboro,Cheschire County,Massachusetts; d. Aft. 1880, Hastings,Barry County,Michigan.
ii. JULIA FRANKLIN NOBLE, b. 17 Feb 1802, Lanesboro,Cheschire County,Massachusetts.
iii. JULIUS AUGUSTUS NOBLE, b. 23 Jan 1804, Lanesboro,Cheschire County,Massachusetts.
iv. SOPHRONIA ANN NOBLE, b. 23 Jan 1806, Lanesboro,Cheschire County,Massachusetts.
48. v. DANIEL WINTHROP NOBLE,SR., b. 14 Feb 1808, Lanesboro,Cheschire County,Massachusetts; d. Aft. 1880, Perry,Marion County,Indiana.
vi. ROXANA LORETTE NOBLE, b. 24 Feb 1818, Leroy,New York.
vii.SARAH CAROLINE NOBLE, b. 22 Feb 1823, Batavia,Genesee County,New York; d. Aft. Oct 1870, Londonderry,Vermont; m. JOHN R. JOHNSON, 14 Apr 1847, Batavia,Genesee County,New York; b. 08 Apr 1822, Manchester County,Vermont; d. Londonderry,Vermont.
Notes for SARAH CAROLINE NOBLE:
Marriage John R. Johnson b: 8 APR 1822 in Manchester, Vermont
Married: 14 APR 1847 in Genesee, New Yor
Laura Agnes Johnson b: 24 MAR 1848 in Hanover, New York
Julia Florence Johnson b: 14 MAY 1849 in Hanover, New York
Nelson Noble Johnson b: 19 JUL 1850 in Hanover, New York
Earle Norville Johnson b: 14 APR 1852 in Hanover, New York
Eaton Johnson b: 14 OCT 1853 in Hanover, New York
Caroline Z. Johnson b: 7 AUG 1855 in Hanover, New York
John Egbert Johnson b: 19 FEB 1857 in Vermont
Frederic Adelbert Johnson b: 14 MAY 1859 in Hanover, New York
Julian Brown Johnson b: 24 NOV 1862 in New York or Vermont
1870 - lived in Londonderry,Vermont - keeping house

37. ENOCH6 NOBLE (DAVID5, DAVID4, JAMES3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 14 Jun 1763 in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut, and died 01 Nov 1851 in Springville,Wayne County,Pennsylvania. He married DOROTHY HOLCOMBE HOLCOMB 25 Jan 1809 in Castleton,Vermont, daughter of JOSIAH HOLCOMB and DORCAS SMITH. She was born 26 Apr 1780 in Simsbury,Hartford County,Connecticut, and died Aft. 1854 in Sterling,Wayne County,Pennsylvania.
Children of ENOCH NOBLE and DOROTHY HOLCOMB are:
i. ADALINE7 NOBLE, b. 21 Aug 1809, Springville,Wayne County,Pennsylvania; d. 18 Nov 1842.
ii. DANIEL NOBLE, b. 27 Oct 1811, Springville,Wayne County,Pennsylvania.
Notes for DANIEL NOBLE:
Marriage 1 Spouse Unknown
Emily Noble b: 28 FEB 1841
Adeline Noble b: 12 SEP 1842
George Washington Noble b: 27 DEC 1844
Henry Harrison Noble b: 30 JAN 1847
Edwin Noble b: 13 NOV 1850
---
Marriage 2 Fanny Maria Wheeler b: 24 SEP 1815
Married: 27 DEC 1833
Theresa Noble b: 13 NOV 1834
iii. ERASTUS NOBLE, b. 11 May 1814, Springville,Wayne County,Pennsylvania.
iv. JUSTUS HOLCOMB NOBLE, b. 14 Jul 1816, Springville,Wayne County,Pennsylvania.

38. JAMES6 NOBLE,JR. (JAMES5, DAVID4, JAMES3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 1761 in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut, and died 1843 in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut. He married ELIZABETH STEVENS 1783 in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut. She was born 1763 in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut, and died in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut.
Child of JAMES NOBLE and ELIZABETH STEVENS is:
49. i. JAMES7 NOBLE,3RD, b. 1784, Benson,Vermont; d. 1865, Benson,Vermont.

39. ELECTA6 NOBLE (JAMES5, DAVID4, JAMES3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 03 Mar 1771 in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut, and died 15 Aug 1800 in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut. She married BARNABUS AMES Abt. 15 Aug 1797 in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut. He was born 1765 in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut, and died in Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut.
Child of ELECTA NOBLE and BARNABUS AMES is:
i. ALFRED7 AMES, b. 31 May 1798, Hebron,Tolland County,Connecticut.

40. AARON6 NOBLE,JR. (AARON5, DAVID4, JAMES3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 11 Mar 1775 in Pittsfield,Otsego County,New York, and died 22 Aug 1813 in Colesville,Broome County,New York. He married (1) KATHERINE 'KATIE' GREER,1ST WIFE 15 Feb 1791 in Lansingburg,Rensselaer County,New York. She was born Abt. 1775 in Rensselaer County,New York, and died in Rensselaer County,New York. He married (2) RHODA SHELDON,2ND WIFE 22 Nov 1797 in Hoosick,Rensselaer County,New York. She was born Abt. 1776 in Hoosick,Rensselaer County,New York, and died 20 Sep 1841 in Colesville,Broome County,New York.
Children of AARON NOBLE and RHODA SHELDON are:
i. SARAH 'SALLY'7 NOBLE, b. 14 Sep 1798, Lysander,Onondaga County,New York; d. 06 Jun 1872.
ii. GILES NOBLE, b. 12 Sep 1800, Lysander,Onondaga County,New York; d. 07 Nov 1850.
50. iii. ISAAC NOBLE, b. 19 Aug 1803, Colesville,Broome County,New York; d. 04 Apr 1877, Broome,Schoharie County,New York to Ohio.
iv. CASPAR NOBLE, b. 07 Jul 1805, Lysander,Onondaga County,New York.
v. AARON NOBLE,3RD, b. 03 Apr 1807, Lysander,Onondaga County,New York.
vi. EZEKIEL NOBLE, b. 05 May 1809, Lysander,Onondaga County,New York.
vii. RHODA NOBLE, b. 05 May 1809, Lysander,Onondaga County,New York.
viii. ELIZABETH 'BETSY' NOBLE, b. 12 Mar 1811, Lysander,Onondaga County,New York; d. 25 Sep 1888.

41. BETHIA6 NOBLE (ITHAMAR5, ASA4, LUKE3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 1785 in Benson,Vermont, and died 1851 in Benson,Vermont. She married JAMES NOBLE,3RD 1818 in Benson,Vermont, son of JAMES NOBLE and ELIZABETH STEVENS. He was born 1784 in Benson,Vermont, and died 1865 in Benson,Vermont.
Child of BETHIA NOBLE and JAMES NOBLE is:
i. WILLIAM JAMES7 NOBLE, b. 1818, Benson,Vermont.

Generation No. 7
42. HENRY HOBART7 HUMISTON (ELIZABETH 'BETSY'6 NOBLE,2ND WIFE, NATHAN5, EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 21 Sep 1815 in Broome County,New York, and died 1872 in Lakeside Memorial Park Cemetery,Waupaca,Waupaca County,Wisconsin. He married (1) LAVINA MASON,1ST WIFE 03 Jul 1843 in Broome County,New York. She was born Abt. 1829 in Broome County,New York, and died Bef. 13 Feb 1856 in Wyoming,Lee County,Illinois. He married (2) LYDIA MINERVA BELDEN,2ND WIFE,SCHOOLTEACHER 13 Feb 1856 in Broome County,New York, daughter of CYRUS BELDEN and ELIZABETH HURD. She was born 1831 in Gainesville,Wyoming County,New York, and died 1883 in Waupaca,Waupaca County,Wisconsin.
Notes for HENRY HOBART HUMISTON:
Marriage 1 Lavina Mason b: ABT 1820
Married: 3 JUL 1843
Marriage 2 Lydia Minerva Belden b: 1831 in NY
Married: 13 FEB 1856
Elizabeth Humiston b: 4 JUL 1857 in Waupaca, Waupaca, WI
Name: Henry Humeston Age: 35 Estimated birth year: abt 1815 Birth Place: New York
Home in 1850 (City,County,State): Wyoming, Lee, Illinois
Family Number: 64
Henry Humeston 35
Lavina Humeston 21
Name: Harry H Humiston Birth Year: abt 1816 Age in 1870: 54 Birthplace: New York
Home in 1870: Waupaca, Waupaca, Wisconsin Race: White Post Office: Waupaca
Harry H Humiston 54
Lydia M Humiston 39
Elizabeth L Humiston 12
Notes for LAVINA MASON,1ST WIFE:
Name: Lavina Humeston Age: 21 Estimated birth year: abt 1829 Birth Place: New York
Home in 1850 (City,County,State): Wyoming, Lee, Illinois Family Number: 64
Henry Humeston 35
Lavina Humeston 21
Notes for LYDIA MINERVA BELDEN,2ND WIFE,SCHOOLTEACHER:
Notes from Phyllis Long
---
REPORT ON THE HISTORY OF THE WAUPACA SCHOOLS
The first teachers - remembered, was Mrs. Huminston in 1865. She had a room full of children from four to six years of age.
Though she had never taken a kindergarten course she had wonderful original methods of keeping those children occupied, and happy.
She was marvelous in her work and those who had the privilege of having her for a teacher will still cherish her in their memory.
One of the finest stories about our early schools was about a teacher, Mrs. Lydia Humiston. Many stories were told of her, several of them true, several exaggerated.
In any case she was a leader far ahead of her time. At her death her pupils erected a monument which is still located at Lakeside cemetery
Name: Lydia Belden Age: 19 Estimated birth year: abt 1831 Birth Place: New York
Home in 1850 (City,County,State): Gainesville, Wyoming, New York Family Number: 182
Cyrenno Belden 47
Eliza L Belden 43
Matilda Belden 22
Lydia Belden 19
Hiram Belden 17
Marian Belden 15
Egbert Belden 13
Laura Belden 10
Mary H Belden 8
Laviela Belden 6
Lewi Curtis 23
C Belden 39
Name: Lydia M Humiston Birth Year: abt 1831 Age in 1870: 39 Birthplace: New York
Harry H Humiston 54
Lydia M Humiston 39
Elizabeth L Humiston 12
Name: Cyrenno Belden[Cyrenus Belden] Age: 47 Estimated birth year: abt 1803 Birth Place: New York
Home in 1850 (City,County,State): Gainesville,Wyoming,New York Family Number: 182
Cyrenno Belden 47
Eliza L Belden 43
Matilda Belden 22
Lydia Belden 19
Hiram Belden 17
Marian Belden 15
Egbert Belden 13
Laura Belden 10
Mary H Belden 8
Laviela Belden 6
Lewi Curtis 23
C Belden 39
Name: Cyrenus Belden Age in 1860: 57 Birth Year: abt 1803 Birthplace: New York
Home in 1860: Waupacca, Waupaca, Wisconsin Post Office: Waupaca
Cyrenus Belden 57
Eliza L Belden 53
Marian M Belden 25
Mary H Belden 18
Lovina A Belden 16
Washburn Miller 28
Chas Miller 7
Name: Cyrenns Belden[Cyrenus Belden] Birth Year: abt 1803
Age in 1870: 67 Birthplace: New York
Cyrenns Belden 67
Eliza Belden 63
Child of HENRY HUMISTON and LYDIA BELDEN is:
51. i. ELIZABETH 'LIBBIE'DEBBIE'8 HUMISTON,SCHOOLTEACHER, b. 04 Jul 1857, Waupaca,Waupaca County,Wisconsin; d. 10 Dec 1947, Washington,Wyoming County,Pennsylvania but buried in Lakeside Memorial Park Cemetery,Waupaca,Waupaca County,Wisconsin.

43. AARON7 NOBLE (GUSTAVIS ADOLPHUS6, NATHAN5, EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 18 Apr 1808 in Colesville,Broome County,New York, and died in New York. He married ALMIRA DAWLEY Abt. 01 Apr 1838 in New York, daughter of DANIEL DAWLEY and HANNAH VARY. She was born 12 Jan 1806 in Pownal,Vermont, and died in New York.
Notes for AARON NOBLE:
Name: Aaron Noble Age: 43 Estimated birth year: abt 1807 Birth Place: New York
Home in 1850 (City,County,State): Plainfield, Otsego, New York Family Number: 83
Aaron Noble 43
Almina Noble 44
Henrietta Noble 10
George W Noble 8
Webster L Noble 5
Wallace Noble 3
Uri Brown 17
Name: Aron Nobles Age in 1860: 53 Birth Year: abt 1807 Birthplace: New York
Home in 1860: Edmeston, Otsego, New York Post Office: Edmeston
Aron Nobles 53
Almira Nobles 53
Hnraetta Nobles 20
Webster Nobles 16
Wallace Nobles 14
Name: Aaron Noble Birth Year: abt 1807 Age in 1870: 63 Birthplace: New York
Home in 1870: Syracuse Ward 8, Onondaga, New York Race: White
Aaron Noble 63
Almira Noble 64
Henrietta Noble 30
Webster Noble 25
Wallace Noble 23
Marion Cook 4
Notes for ALMIRA DAWLEY:
Name: Almina Noble Age: 44 Estimated birth year: abt 1806 Birth Place: Vermont
Home in 1850 (City,County,State): Plainfield, Otsego, New York Family Number: 83
Aaron Noble 43
Almina Noble 44
Henrietta Noble 10
George W Noble 8
Webster L Noble 5
Wallace Noble 3
Uri Brown 17
Name: Almira Noble Birth Year: abt 1806 Age in 1870: 64 Birthplace: Vermont
Home in 1870: Syracuse Ward 8, Onondaga, New York Race: White
Aaron Noble 63
Almira Noble 64
Henrietta Noble 30
Webster Noble 25
Wallace Noble 23
Marion Cook 4

Children of AARON NOBLE and ALMIRA DAWLEY are:
i. HENRIETTA A.8 NOBLE, b. 01 Mar 1839, Farmersville,Cattaraugus County,New York.
ii. GEORGE WASHINGTON NOBLE, b. 1842, Farmersville,Cattaraugus County,New York.
iii. WEBSTER L. NOBLE, b. 1845, Farmersville,Cattaraugus County,New York.
iv. WALLACE AARON NOBLE, b. 12 Apr 1847, Plainfield,Cattaraugus County,New York.
Notes for WALLACE AARON NOBLE:
1880 United States Federal Census
Name: Wallace Noble Home in 1880: Syracuse, Onondaga, New York
Age: 32 Estimated birth year: abt 1848 Birthplace: New York
Relation to Head of Household: Self (Head) Spouse's name: Martha Noble
Father's birthplace: England Mother's birthplace: New York
Wallace Noble 32
Martha Noble 28
Elbert Noble 1

44. NATHAN AUSTIN7 NOBLE (GUSTAVIS ADOLPHUS6, NATHAN5, EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 28 Nov 1810 in Colesville,Broome County,New York, and died in Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio. He married FRANCES UNKNOWN 1833 in Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio. She was born 1809 in Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio, and died in Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio.
Notes for NATHAN AUSTIN NOBLE:
Name: Nathan A Noble Age: 39 Estimated birth year: abt 1811 Birth Place: New York
Home in 1850 (City,County,State): Litchfield, Medina, Ohio Family Number: 1988
Gustavus A Noble 66
Mary Noble 67
George W Noble 26
Nathan A Noble 39
Frances Noble 40
Fitzland E Noble 16
Sarah M Noble 14
Irvine A Noble 11
Martha Noble 7
Louisa Noble 3
Sarah A Noble 7
Children of NATHAN NOBLE and FRANCES UNKNOWN are:
i. FITZLAND E.8 NOBLE, b. 1834, Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio.
ii. SARAH M. NOBLE, b. 1836, Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio.
iii. IRVINE A. NOBLE, b. 1839, Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio.
iv. MARTHA NOBLE, b. 1843, Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio.
v. SARAH A. NOBLE, b. 1843, Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio.
vi. LOUISA NOBLE, b. 1847, Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio.

45. JOEL ORRIVLLE7 NOBLE (GUSTAVIS ADOLPHUS6, NATHAN5, EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 23 Nov 1812 in Colesville,Broome County,New York, and died 25 Nov 1868 in Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio. He married MARY UNKNOWN 1844 in Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio. She was born 1821 in Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio, and died in Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio.
Notes for JOEL ORRIVLLE NOBLE:
Name: Joel O Nobles Age in 1860: 47 Birth Year: abt 1813 Birthplace: New York
Home in 1860: Litchfield, Medina, Ohio Post Office: Litchfield
Mary L A Nobles 6
Levi Moneysmith 21
Mary A Grimer 45
Jay S A Grimer 7
Gustavus Nobles 76
Mary Nobles 77
Joel O Nobles 47
Mary Nobles 38
Orville H Nobles 16
Mary E Nobles 13
Children of JOEL NOBLE and MARY UNKNOWN are:
i. ORVILLE H.8 NOBLE, b. 1844, Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio.
ii. MARY E. NOBLE, b. 1847, Litchfield,Medina County,Ohio.

46. GEORGE WASHINGTON7 NOBLE,SR.,DOCTOR (GUSTAVIS ADOLPHUS6, NATHAN5, EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 26 Sep 1823 in Broome,Schoharie County,New York, and died 03 May 1903 in Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio. He married ANNA ELIZABETH WALKER,WIDOW REDFORD PHILLIPS 16 Jan 1851 in New York, daughter of WILLIAM WALKER and ELIZABETH WILSON. She was born 11 Dec 1831 in New York, and died 14 Sep 1907 in Toledo,Lucas County,Ohio but buried in Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio.
Notes for GEORGE WASHINGTON NOBLE,SR.,DOCTOR:
Name: Geo W. Dr. Noble Death Date: 03 May 1903 Death Place: Edon, Williams, Ohio
Age: 79 Birth Date: 1824 Birthplace: Brown Co, NY. Occupation: Dr.
Race: White Marital Status: Married
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: B05180-5
System Origin: Ohio-EASy Source Film Number: 914035
Reference Number: v 3 p 97
Collection: Ohio Deaths and Burials, 1854-1997
Name: George W Noble Birth Year: abt 1824
Age in 1870: 46 Birthplace: New York
Home in 1870: Litchfield, Medina, Ohio Race: White Post Office: Litchfield
George W Noble 46
Ann E Noble 38
Mary L A Noble 16
George W Noble 6
William E Noble 3
Gustavis A Noble 86
Stephan Smith 53
Name: George W. Noble Home in 1880: Republic, Seneca, Ohio
Age: 56 Estimated birth year: abt 1824 Birthplace: New York
Relation to Head of Household: Self (Head) Spouse's name: Ann E. Noble
Father's birthplace: Massachusetts Mother's birthplace: New Jersey
George W. Noble 56
Ann E. Noble 48
Mary L. A. Noble 26
George W. Noble 15
Willie E. Noble 13
Ray Noble 8
Ada M. Noble 5
1900 United States Federal Census
Name: George W Noble[George Noble] Home in 1900: Florence, Williams, Ohio
Age: 75 Birth Date: Sep 1823 Birthplace: New York Race: White
Relationship to Head of House: Head Father's Birthplace: Massachusetts
Spouse's name: Anna E Noble Marriage Year: 1861
Marital Status: Married Years Married: 39
George W Noble 75
Anna E Noble 68
William E Noble 33
George W Noble 35
Alice Vada Noble 46
May A Noble 25
Arthur W Sheline 27
Notes for ANNA ELIZABETH WALKER,WIDOW REDFORD PHILLIPS:
Name: Anna Eliza Noble Burial Date: 14 Sep 1907 Burial Place: Edon, Ohio
Death Date: 12 Sep 1907 Death Place: Toledo, Lucas, Ohio Age: 75
Birth Date: 11 Dec 1831 Birthplace: New York
Father's Name: Wm. Walker Father's Birthplace: New York
Mother's Name: Elizabeth Wilson Mother's Birthplace: New York
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: B07132-8 System Origin: Ohio-EASy
Source Film Number: 1653152 Reference Number: rn 14744
Collection: Ohio Deaths and Burials, 1854-1997
Name: Anna E Noble Home in 1900: Florence, Williams, Ohio
Age: 68 Birth Date: Dec 1831 Birthplace: New York Race: White
Relationship to Head of House: Wife Father's Birthplace: New York
Mother's Birthplace: Connecticut Mother: number of living children: 4
Mother: How many children: 5 Spouse's name: George W Noble
Marriage Year: 1861 Marital Status: Married Years Married: 39
George W Noble 75
Anna E Noble 68
William E Noble 33
George W Noble 35
Alice Vada Noble 46
May A Noble 25
Arthur W Sheline 27
Children of GEORGE NOBLE and ANNA WALKER are:
i. MARY L.A.8 NOBLE, b. Abt. 1854, Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio.
ii. ALICE VADA NOBLE, b. Apr 1854, Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio.
iii. GEORGE WASHINGTON NOBLE,JR., b. Jun 1864, Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio.
iv. WILLIAM 'WILLIE' E. NOBLE, b. Sep 1866, Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio.
52. v. RAY E. NOBLE, b. Aug 1871, Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio; d. Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio.
53. vi. MAY ADA 'MAE' NOBLE, b. Sep 1874, Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio; d. Aft. 1930, Fort Wayne,Allen County,Indiana.
vii. ADA M. NOBLE, b. Abt. Dec 1875, Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio.

47. JOEL POWELL7 NOBLE,SR. (WINTHROP6, TIMOTHY5, EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 27 Jul 1800 in Lanesboro,Cheschire County,Massachusetts, and died Aft. 1880 in Hastings,Barry County,Michigan. He married MARY ANN DRURY,NEW YORK 05 Jul 1825 in Madison,Lake County,Ohio, daughter of JONATHAN DRURY and SEVIAH COLE. She was born 22 Feb 1808 in Litchfield Township,Herkimer County,New York to Madison,Lake County,Ohio, and died 14 May 1873 in Hastings,Barry County,Michigan.
Notes for JOEL POWELL NOBLE,SR.:
Name: Joel P Noble Age: 49 Estimated birth year: abt 1801 Birth Place: Massachusetts
Home in 1850 (City,County,State): Carlisle, Lorain, Ohio Family Number: 696
Joel P Noble 49
Mary Ann Noble 43
Marid Noble 17
Mary Noble 14
Julius Noble 10
Maryan Noble 6
Harriet Noble 2
Name: Joel P Noble Age in 1860: 60 Birth Year: abt 1800 Birthplace: Massachusetts
Home in 1860: Hastings, Barry, Michigan Post Office: Hastings
Joel P Noble 60
Marain G Noble 52
Julius A Noble 19
Mariam G Noble 16
Harriett Noble 11
Joel P Noble 8
Name: Joel P. Noble Home in 1880: Hastings, Barry, Michigan
Age: 80 Estimated birth year: abt 1800 Birthplace: Massachusetts
Relation to Head of Household: Father L Father's birthplace: Connecticut
Mother's birthplace: Massachusetts Marital Status: Widower Race: White
Jesse C. Stall 35
Hattie S. Stall 31
Iva N. Stall 10
Myrtel E. Stall 5
Floyd N. Stall 2
Joel P. Noble 80
Joseph Barker 49 Blacksmith New York
Children of JOEL NOBLE and MARY DRURY are:
54. i. MARIE L.8 NOBLE,2ND WIFE, b. 02 Nov 1832, Madison,Lake County,Ohio; d. 09 Mar 1911, Arcadia,Lapeer,Barry County,Michigan.
ii. MARIAM G. 'MARYAN' NOBLE, b. 1844, Carlisle,Lorain County,Ohio.
iii. MARY NOBLE, b. 1845, Carlisle,Lorain County,Ohio.
55. iv. HARRIET SOPHRONIA NOBLE, b. 22 Aug 1848, Carlisle,Lorain County,Ohio; d. Hastings,Barry County,Michigan.
v. JULIUS A. NOBLE, b. Abt. Dec 1849, Carlisle,Lorain County,Ohio.
vi. JOEL POWELL NOBLE,JR., b. 1852, Carlisle,Lorain County,Ohio; d. Hastings,Barry County,Michigan.

48. DANIEL WINTHROP7 NOBLE,SR. (WINTHROP6, TIMOTHY5, EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 14 Feb 1808 in Lanesboro,Cheschire County,Massachusetts, and died Aft. 1880 in Perry,Marion County,Indiana. He married HARRIETTE 'HARRIET' MARIA BLOOD Abt. 01 Jan 1842 in New Hampshire or Perry,Marion County,Indiana. She was born Jun 1813 in New Hampshire, and died Aft. 1900 in Perry,Marion County,Indiana.
Notes for DANIEL WINTHROP NOBLE,SR.:
Name: Danl W Noble Age: 42 Estimated birth year: abt 1808 Birth Place: Massachusetts
Home in 1850 (City,County,State): Center, Marion, Indiana Family Number: 260
Danl W Noble 42
Harnat M Noble 36
Edwin W Noble 8
Chas Noble 7
Cyrus B Noble 5
Amelia Barmand 14
Name: D W Noble Age in 1860: 52 Birth Year: abt 1808 Birthplace: Massachusetts
Home in 1860: Perry, Marion, Indiana Post Office: Indianapolis
D W Noble 52
Harriet M Noble 46
Edwin W Noble 18
Chas H Noble 17
Cyrus B Noble 15
Frank Noble 4
Daniel W Noble 2
Catharine Willa 13
Name: Daniel Noble Birth Year: abt 1808 Age in 1870: 62 Birthplace: Massachusetts
Home in 1870: Perry, Marion, Indiana Race: White Post Office: Southport
Daniel Noble 62
Harriet M Noble 56
Cyrus B Noble 25
Harriet Noble 22
Frank W Noble 15
Daniel W Noble 12
Adolf Groff 29
Jacob Durst 19
Name: Daniel W. Noble Home in 1880: Perry, Marion, Indiana Age: 72
Estimated birth year: abt 1808 Birthplace: Massachusetts
Relation to Head of Household: Self (Head) Spouse's name: Harriet M. Noble
Father's birthplace: Massachusetts Mother's birthplace: Massachusetts
Daniel W. Noble 72
Harriet M. Noble 66
Frank W. Noble 24
Daniel W. Noble 22
Florence Johnson 18
Ida Reidmire 26
Notes for HARRIETTE 'HARRIET' MARIA BLOOD:
Name: Harriette M Noble Home in 1900: Perry, Marion, Indiana Age: 86
Birth Date: Jun 1813 Birthplace: New Hampshire Race: White
Relationship to Head of House: Mother Father's Birthplace: Massachutes
Mother's Birthplace: Massachutes Mother: number of living children: 4
Mother: How many children: 5 Marital Status: Widowed
Daniel W Noble 41
Mary E Noble 37
Lucy E Noble 15
Edwin F Noble 13
Ruth H Noble 8
Mary W Noble 4
Margaret Noble 1
Harriette M Noble 86 mother
Perry Templin 17
Children of DANIEL NOBLE and HARRIETTE BLOOD are:
i. EDWIN W.8 NOBLE, b. 1842, Perry,Marion County,Indiana.
ii. CHARLES NOBLE, b. 1843, Perry,Marion County,Indiana.
iii.CYRUS B. NOBLE, b. 1845, Perry,Marion County,Indiana.
iv.FRANK WALTER NOBLE, b. 01 Aug 1855, Perry,Marion County,Indiana.
v. FRANK W. NOBLE, b. Abt. Oct 1856, Perry,Marion County,Indiana.
56. vi.DANIEL WINTHROP 'WILLIE' NOBLE,JR., b. 29 Apr 1858, Perry,Marion County,Indiana; d. Perry,Marion County,Indiana.

49. JAMES7 NOBLE,3RD (JAMES6, JAMES5, DAVID4, JAMES3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 1784 in Benson,Vermont, and died 1865 in Benson,Vermont. He married BETHIA NOBLE 1818 in Benson,Vermont, daughter of ITHAMAR NOBLE and SUBMIT CROFOOT. She was born 1785 in Benson,Vermont, and died 1851 in Benson,Vermont.
Child is listed above under (41) Bethia Noble.

50. ISAAC7 NOBLE (AARON6, AARON5, DAVID4, JAMES3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 19 Aug 1803 in Colesville,Broome County,New York, and died 04 Apr 1877 in Broome,Schoharie County,New York to Ohio. He married AMERICA 'ARMENIA' DAWLEY 09 Jan 1829 in New York, daughter of DANIEL DAWLEY and HANNAH VARY. She was born 06 Aug 1809 in Pownal,Vermont, and died Aft. 1880 in Almira Dawley,2nd wife.
Notes for ISAAC NOBLE:
Name: Isaac Noble Age: 47 Estimated birth year: abt 1803 Birth Place: New York
Home in 1850 (City,County,State): Farmersville, Cattaraugus, New York Family Number: 584
Isaac Noble 47
America Noble 41
Daniel Noble 19
Almira Noble 15
Spencer Noble 14
Gustavus Noble 10
Julia A Noble 2
Notes for AMERICA 'ARMENIA' DAWLEY:
Name: Armena Noble Home in 1880: Cheshire, Allegan, Michigan
Age: 70 Estimated birth year: abt 1810 Birthplace: Vermont
Relation to Head of Household: Self (Head) Father's birthplace: Massachusetts
Mother's birthplace: Massachusetts Occupation: Keeping House
Marital Status: Widowed Race: White
Armena Noble 70
Ira S. Noble 13 Grandson
Children of ISAAC NOBLE and AMERICA DAWLEY are:
i. DANIEL DAWLEY8 NOBLE, b. 04 Jan 1831, Farmersville,Cattaraugus County,New York.
ii. MARY 'ALMIRA' NOBLE, b. 15 Sep 1834, Farmersville,Cattaraugus County,New York.
iii. SPENCER VARY NOBLE, b. 30 Sep 1835, Farmersville,Cattaraugus County,New York.
iv. LOUIS JULIEN NOBLE, b. 11 Aug 1838, Farmersville,Cattaraugus County,New York.
57. v. GUSTAVAS GRYMARD NOBLE, b. 28 Jul 1841, Broome,Schoharie County,New York to Ohio; d. 27 Sep 1913, Township 3,Meade County,South Dakota.
vi. JULIA A. NOBLE, b. 1848, Farmersville,Cattaraugus County,New York.

Generation No. 8
51. ELIZABETH 'LIBBIE'DEBBIE'8 HUMISTON,SCHOOLTEACHER (HENRY HOBART7, ELIZABETH 'BETSY'6 NOBLE,2ND WIFE, NATHAN5, EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 04 Jul 1857 in Waupaca,Waupaca County,Wisconsin, and died 10 Dec 1947 in Washington,Wyoming County,Pennsylvania but buried in Lakeside Memorial Park Cemetery,Waupaca,Waupaca County,Wisconsin. She married (1) CHARLES H. LINCOLN,1ST HUSBAND 13 Sep 1881 in Waupaca,Waupaca County,Wisconsin. He was born 1848 in Waupaca,Waupaca County,Wisconsin, and died 1881 in Lakeside Memorial Park Cemetery,Waupaca,Waupaca County,Wisconsin. She married (2) HAZEN H. HARVEY,2ND HUSBAND 30 Jun 1885 in Merrill,Lincoln County,Wisconsin. He was born Abt. 1847 in Minnesota, and died 24 Oct 1912 in Seffner,Brandon,Hillsborough County,Florida.
Notes for ELIZABETH 'LIBBIE'DEBBIE' HUMISTON,SCHOOLTEACHER:
From Notes from Phyllis Long
-----
September 16, 1881
The Republican - Waupaca, WI
Married - LINCOLN-HUMISTON, At the Baptist Church in this city, Tuesday evening, Sept. 13th, 1881.
MR. CHARLES LINCOLN, of Stevens Point; and MISS LIBBIE HUMISTON, of this city Rev. W. C. Armstrong officiating. Miss Zelia Smith, of Appleton, as bridesmaid and Caleb J. Shearer, of this city, as groomsman.
INTERMENT SERVICES FOR PIONEER LADY
LIBBY HUMISTON HARVEY
In the Waupaca Cemetery Saturday afternoon, Sept. 13, at three o'clock, the remains of Mrs. Libbie Humiston Harvey will be laid to rest in the Humiston lot. They were accompanied here by her daughter, Miss Beulah Nell Harvey of Wheeling W. VA. Rev. Geo. Willit of the Amherst Methodist church will conduct the service. Mrs. Harvey, 89, was an early Portage Co. teacher and a native of Waupaca, where she was born July 4, 1857. She taught in Amherst, Lanark, Badger and Stevens Point prior to her marriage to Chas. Lincoln in 1881, who died the same year. On June 30, 1885, she was united in marriage to Hazen H. Harvey in Merrill, formerly of Amherst.
They lived for many years in Seffner, near Tampa, Florida, where their children were born.
Mr. Harvey, who passed away Oct. 24, 1912, was a brother of the late Burton Harvey of Amherst. Deceased was a daughter of H. H. and Lydia Belden Humiston of Waupaca, who for many years was a beloved teacher in the rural schools.
Surviving are three children; Miss Beulah Nell Harvey (with whom she made her home) a Y.W.C.A. director, now of Wheeling WVA.; Miles Hazen Harvey, Seffner, Florida; and Fred Gardner Harvey, Port Arthur, Texas. She was a cousin of Mrs. John Lambert, Mrs. B. J. Lambert and Mrs. George W. Langley, all of Merrill, Wis., of Mr. Carl Strickland, Wisconsin Rapids, Wis., and Mr. Will (Simcox or Sincox), Eau Claire, Wis. Her nieces and nephews include; Verne Burton Jr., Gardner and Miss Winifred Harvey and Mrs Claude Britton (Mildred Harvey) all of Amherst.
Libby Humiston Harvey was an active and devoted member of Waupaca Baptist church during her girlhood and until her marriage took her away from Waupaca. During the years she lived in Florida she helped organize the Baptist church in Seffner and was the church and Sunday school organist over 25 years. Her interests always lay with the church, the W.C.T.U., and the women's club wherever she lived in Seffner, Jacksonville, Fla., Alton, Ill., and St. Louis, Mo.
She passed away at the home of her daughter in Washington, Pennsylvania on December 10,1947, following which there was cremation. .....
Name: Hazen Harvy Home in 1880: Precinct 6, Hillsborough, Florida Age: 33
Estimated birth year: abt 1847 Birthplace: Minnesota
Relation to Head of Household: Self (Head)
Father's birthplace: Minnesota Mother's birthplace: Minnesota
Hazen Harvy 33
1910 United States Federal Census
Name: Hazen H Harvey Age in 1910: 63 Estimated birth year: abt 1847 Birthplace: Wisconsin
Relation to Head of House: Head Father's Birth Place: Wisconsin
Mother's Birth Place: Wisconsin Spouse's name: Debbie Harvey
Home in 1910: Brandon, Hillsborough, Florida Marital Status: Married Race: White
Hazen H Harvey 63
Debbie Harvey 53
Mika H Harvey 19
Gardner Harvey 15
Children of ELIZABETH HUMISTON and HAZEN HARVEY are:
i. BEULAH NELL9 HARVEY, b. Abt. 1888, Seffner,Brandon,Hillsborough County,Florida; d. 1947, Wheeling,Ohio County,West Virginia.
Notes for BEULAH NELL HARVEY:
Name: Beulah Nell Harvey Age in 1910: 21 Estimated birth year: abt 1889
Birthplace: Florida Relation to Head of House: Boarder Father's Birth Place: Canada English
Mother's Birth Place: Wisconsin Home in 1910: Tampa Ward 8, Hillsborough, Florida
Marital Status: Single Race: White
Mattie Jordan 36
Beulah Nell Harvey 21
1920 United States Federal Census
Name: Beulah N Harvey[Benlah N Harvey]
Home in 1920: Alton Ward 1, Madison, Illinois
Age: 31 Estimated birth year: abt 1889 Birthplace: Florida
Relation to Head of House: Lodger Father's Birth Place: Canada
Mother's Birth Place: Wisconsin Marital Status: Single Race: White
Able to read: Yes Able to Write: Yes
Joseph W Buckingham 42
Esta M Buckingham 31
Beulah N Harvey 31
ii. MILES HAZEN HARVEY, b. 25 Jul 1890, Seffner,Brandon,Hillsborough County,Florida; d. Jun 1963, Hillsborough County,Florida.
Notes for MILES HAZEN HARVEY:
Social Security Death Index
Name: Miles Harvey SSN: 265-26-4792 Last Residence: Florida
Born: 25 Jul 1890 Died: Jun 1963
State (Year) SSN issued: Florida (Before 1951)
Florida Death Index, 1877-1998
Name: Miles H Harvey Death Date: Jun 1963
County of Death: Hillsborough State of Death: Florida Race: White
World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
Name: Miles Hazen Harvey County: Hillsborough State: Florida
Birthplace: Florida Birth Date: 25 Jul 1890 Race: White FHL Roll Number: 1556857
WWI Civilian Draft Registrations
Name: Harvey, Miles Hazen Birth Date: 25 Jul 1890
Birth Place: Hillsborough Co. FL City/County: Hillsborough
State: FL Ethnicity: W
iii.FRED GARDNER HARVEY, b. 12 Dec 1895, Seffner,Brandon,Hillsborough County,Florida; d. 1947, Port Arthur,Jefferson County,Texas.
Notes for FRED GARDNER HARVEY:
WWI Civilian Draft Registrations
Name: Harvey, Fred Gardner Birth Date: 12 Dec 1895
Birth Place: Seffner FL City/County: Hillsborough
State: FL Ethnicity: W
World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
Name: Fred Gardner Harvey County: Hillsborough
State: Florida Birthplace: Florida
Birth Date: 12 Dec 1895 Race: Caucasian (White)
FHL Roll Number: 1556857 DraftBoard: 0
Name: Gardner Harvey Age in 1910: 15 Estimated birth year: abt 1895
Birthplace: Florida Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's Name: Hazen H Harvey Father's Birth Place: Wisconsin
Mother's Name: Debbie Harvey Mother's Birth Place: Wisconsin
Home in 1910: Brandon, Hillsborough, Florida Marital Status: Single Race: White
Hazen H Harvey 63
Debbie Harvey 53
Mika H Harvey 19
Gardner Harvey 15

52. RAY E.8 NOBLE (GEORGE WASHINGTON7, GUSTAVIS ADOLPHUS6, NATHAN5, EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born Aug 1871 in Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio, and died in Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio. He married IONA 'ONY' T. BURKE Abt. 01 Sep 1903 in Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio. She was born Oct 1875 in Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio, and died in Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio.
Notes for RAY E. NOBLE:
Name: George Morris Noble Birth Date: 07 Jul 1904
Birthplace: Edon, Williams, Ohio
Father's Name: Ray E. Noble Mother's Name: Ony T. Burke
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C00975-5
System Origin: Ohio-EASy Source Film Number: 2024379
Collection: Ohio Births and Christenings, 1821-1962
Children of RAY NOBLE and IONA BURKE are:
i. GEORGE MORRIS9 NOBLE, b. 07 Jul 1904, Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio.
ii. ANNA L. NOBLE.

53. MAY ADA 'MAE'8 NOBLE (GEORGE WASHINGTON7, GUSTAVIS ADOLPHUS6, NATHAN5, EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born Sep 1874 in Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio, and died Aft. 1930 in Fort Wayne,Allen County,Indiana. She married ARTHUR EUGENE SHELINE 03 Jan 1900 in Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio, son of ELI SHELINE and REBECCA EYSTER. He was born 03 Jun 1873 in Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio, and died 02 Oct 1915 in Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio.
Notes for MAY ADA 'MAE' NOBLE:
Name: George W Noble Birth Year: abt 1824
Age in 1870: 46 Birthplace: New York
Home in 1870: Litchfield, Medina, Ohio Race: White Post Office: Litchfield
George W Noble 46
Ann E Noble 38
Mary L A Noble 16
George W Noble 6
William E Noble 3
Gustavis A Noble 86
Stephan Smith 53
Name: George W. Noble Home in 1880: Republic, Seneca, Ohio
Age: 56 Estimated birth year: abt 1824 Birthplace: New York
Relation to Head of Household: Self (Head) Spouse's name: Ann E. Noble
Father's birthplace: Massachusetts Mother's birthplace: New Jersey
George W. Noble 56
Ann E. Noble 48
Mary L. A. Noble 26
George W. Noble 15
Willie E. Noble 13
Ray Noble 8
Ada M. Noble 5
Name: May A Noble Home in 1900: Florence, Williams, Ohio
Age: 25 Birth Date: Sep 1874 Birthplace: Ohio Race: White
Relationship to Head of House: Daughter Father's Name: George W Noble
Father's Birthplace: New York Mother's Name: Anna E Noble
Mother's Birthplace: New York Marital Status: Married
George W Noble 75
Anna E Noble 68
William E Noble 33
George W Noble 35
Alice Vada Noble 46
May A Noble 25
Arthur W Sheline 27
1920 United States Federal Census
Name: Mae Sheline Home in 1920: Florence, Williams, Ohio
Relation to Head of House: Self (Head)[Head]
Father's Birth Place: Pennsylvania Mother's Birth Place: New York
Marital Status: Widowed[Widow] Race: White
Home owned: Own Able to read: Yes Able to Write: Yes
Mae Sheline 45
L Herbert Sheline 19
Lorea I Sheline 17
1930 United States Federal Census
Name: Mae Sheline Home in 1930: Fort Wayne, Allen, Indiana
Relation to Head of House: Head Race: White
Mae Sheline 55
Herbert L Sheline 29
Lorea I Sheline 27
Notes for ARTHUR EUGENE SHELINE:
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, and 1958-2007
Name: Arthur E Sheline Death Date: 2 Oct 1915 County of Death: Williams
Name: Leamon H. Sheline Baptism/Christening Date:
Baptism/Christening Place: Williams County,Ohio
Birth Date: 07 Jan 1901 Birthplace: Edon, Williams, Ohio
Father's Name: Arthur Sheline Mother's Name: May Noble
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C54751-4 System Origin: Ohio-VR
Source Film Number: 0914035 Reference Number: p 188
Name: Arthur Eugene Sheline Death date: 02 Oct 1915
Death place: Edon, Williams, Ohio Birth date: 03 Jun 1873
Birth place: Edon, Ohio Age at death: 42 years 3 months 29 days
Marital status: Married Race or color: Caucasian Occupation: Manufacturing
Burial date: 05 Oct 1915 Burial place: Edon, Ohio
Father name: E.A. Sheline Father birth place: Ohio
Mother name: Rebecca Eyster Mother birth place: Ohio
GSU film number: 1983548 Digital GS number: 4019444
Image number: 87 Reference number: fn 57838
Collection: Ohio Deaths 1908-1953
1880 Federal Census, State; Ohio, County; Williams, Township; Florence, Incorporation of Edon
Sheline, Arthur E., Son, Color; W, Sex; M, Age; 6, Attend school; Yes, Born; Ohio, Father; Ohio,
Mother; Ohio. Listed with, Father; Eli R., Mother; Rebecca J., Sister; Cordelia, Brother; Holland S., Brother; Orvill.
Name: Arthur E. Sheline Home in 1880: Eden, Williams, Ohio
Relation to Head of Household: Son Father's Name: Eli R. Sheline
Father's birthplace: Ohio Mother's Name: Rebecca J. Sheline
Mother's birthplace: Ohio Marital Status: Single Race: White
Eli R. Sheline 31
Rebecca J. Sheline 31
Cordelia Sheline 8
Arthur E. Sheline 6
Holland S. Sheline 4
Orvill Sheline 7m
1900 Federal Census, State; Ohio, County; Williams, Township; Florence, Oden Village
Sheline, Arthur, Son-in-law, Color; W, Sex; M, Date of birth; June 1873, Age; 27,
Married or single; M, Occupation; Doctor & surgeon, Born; Ohio, Father; Ohio, Mother; Ohio.
Listed with, Wife; May A. Noble, Father-in-law; George Noble, Mother-in-law; Anna E., Brother-in-law; William E.,
Brother-in-law; George W., Sister-in-law; Alice Vada. Family is living at 35 E. Indiana Street.
Name: Arthur W Sheline[Arthur N Sheline] Home in 1900: Florence, Williams, Ohio
Age: 27 Birth Date: Jun 1873 Birthplace: Ohio Race: White
Relationship to Head of House: Son-in-Law
Father's Birthplace: Ohio Mother's Birthplace: Ohio Marital Status: Married
George W Noble 75
Anna E Noble 68
William E Noble 33
George W Noble 35
Alice Vada Noble 46
May A Noble 25
Arthur W Sheline 27
1900 census index for Ohio gives DOB (June 1873), age 27 in Ohio ; living with George W. Noble
as his son-in-law; no mention of wife Mae, but she is listed under Noble [SH-OH 36].
1900 census: as above plus day laborer; can read-write; listed a s son-in-law of head of household
George Noble, line 32; ED 10 5, sheet 2; Edon. Florence,Williams County,Ohio
SH-OH 66
Name: Arthur E Sheline Age in 1910: 36 Estimated birth year: abt 1874
Birthplace: Ohio Relation to Head of House: Head
Father's Birth Place: Ohio Mother's Birth Place: Ohio
Spouse's name: Mae A Sheline Home in 1910: Florence, Williams, Ohio
Marital Status: Married Race: White
Arthur E Sheline 36
Mae A Sheline 35
Herbert L Sheline 9
Loria O Sheline 7
1910 census: 36, married 10 years; foreman in Handle factory; re ad/write; line 33; roll 1241, p. 55;
Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio [SH-OH 68].
1910 Federal Census, State; Ohio, County; Williams, Township; Florence
Sheline, Arthur E., Head, Sex; M, Color; W, Age; 36, Married or single; M, Years married; 10,
Occupation; Forman, Industry; Handle factory, Home owned or rented; R, House or farm; House,
Born; Ohio, Father; Ohio, Mother; Ohio. Listed with, Wife; May A., Son; Herbert S., Daughter; Lorea I.
Family is living at 184 Indiana St.
The Farm Journal Illustrated 1916 Directory of Williams County, Ohio Page 156
Sheline, A. E. Flo.
-----
Arthur E. Sheline, son of Eli R. and Rebekah Sheline, was born in Edon,Ohio, June 3,1873,
and died at his home at Edon October 2,1915, aged 42 years, 3 months and 29 days.
He received his early education at the Edon public schools and Angola college.
On January 3,1900, he was united in marriage to Mae Noble, this union being blessed with
2 children, Herbert and Lorea.
The deceased had for many years been engaged with his father in the hoop and handle
manufacturing business. As a businessman he was the embodyment of honesty and integrity.
The many men under his employment feel his passing keenly.
Mr. Sheline had been a life-long member of the Church of Christ,at the time of his death being
an honored elder of the church. Since uniting with the church in 1886,during the evangelistic labors
of the lamented J.A. Updike, he has found it one of the joys of his life to serve the church of his
choice in every way possible. By his death the church loses a valuable worker and member.
The social life of our community will miss a valuable member by his demise. He ever had an
active interest in every movement o f the public welfare. No foreward movement failed to receive
from him his whole-souled sympathy and support. Several years ago he served 2 terms on the
village council.Mr. Sheline was devoted to home and family.
The joy of his life seemed to be realized in the family circle where the most of the leisure hours were spent.....
He leaves to imitate and cherish his noble character his wife an d 2 children, also father, mother, and one brother, H.L. Sheline ...
We desire to express our gratefulness for the many tokens of sympathy and good will
showns to us during the sickness and death o f our husband and father.-- Mrs. A.E. Sheline and Family."
Williams County has no record of his death [BU-OH 17].
Arthur Sheline: born September 7,1897, died Jun 1987
lived in Cassopolis,Cass County,Michigan
SS#306-20-3489 [SH-XX 10]. Grandson?
Children of MAY NOBLE and ARTHUR SHELINE are:
i. LEAMON H.9 SHELINE, b. 07 Jan 1901, Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio.

Notes for LEAMON H. SHELINE:
Name: Leamon H. Sheline Baptism/Christening Date:
Baptism/Christening Place: Williams County,Ohio
Birth Date: 07 Jan 1901 Birthplace: Edon, Williams, Ohio
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C54751-4 System Origin: Ohio-VR
Source Film Number: 0914035 Reference Number: p 188
Name: Leamon H. Sheline Birth Date: 07 Jan 1901 Birthplace: Edon, Williams, Ohio
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C03970-0 System Origin: Ohio-EASy
Source Film Number: 914035 Reference Number: v 3 & 4 p 188
ii. HERBERT LEAMON SHELINE, b. 12 Jan 1904, Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio; d. 25 May 1970, Nelsonville,Athens County,Ohio; m. MARIE A. UNKNOWN; b. Abt. 1907, Nelsonville,Athens County,Ohio; d. Nelsonville,Athens County,Ohio.
Notes for HERBERT LEAMON SHELINE:
Social Security Death Index
Name: Herbert Sheline SSN: 280-07-5891
Last Residence: 43138 Logan, Hocking, Ohio
Born: 12 Jan 1904 Died: May 1970
State (Year) SSN issued: Ohio (Before 1951)
Herbert SHELINE Birth Date: 12 Jan 1904 Death Date: May 1970
Social Security Number: 280-07-5891
State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: Ohio
Death Residence Localities ZIP Code: 43138
Localities: Enterprise, Hocking, Ohio Ewing, Hocking, Ohio
Falls, Hocking, Ohio Gore, Hocking, Ohio Greendale, Hocking, Ohio I
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, and 1958-2007
Name: Herbert Sheline Birth Date: 1904 Race: White Residence City: Logan
Residence County: Hocking Residence State: Ohio Residence Country: United States
Death Date: 25 May 1970 Hospital of Death: Doctors Hospital
City of Death: Nelsonville County of Death: Athens Certificate: 032904
Age at Death: 66 Certifier: Physician County of Injury: Hocking Marital Status: Married
U.S. City Directories
Fort Wayne,Allen County,Indiana - 1936
Sheline, L Herbert (Marie A)
Office mgr Wolf & Dessauer h 1119 Kensington blvd
U.S. City Directories
Fort Wayne,Allen County,Indiana - 1948
Sheline, L Herbert (Marie W)
Office manager
Central Soya Company h 4605 Arlington av
iii. LOREA 'LEORA' I. SHELINE, b. 28 May 1905, Eden,Florence Township,Williams County,Ohio; d. 13 Jun 1992, London,Madison County,Ohio.

54. MARIE L.8 NOBLE,2ND WIFE (JOEL POWELL7, WINTHROP6, TIMOTHY5, EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 02 Nov 1832 in Madison,Lake County,Ohio, and died 09 Mar 1911 in Arcadia,Lapeer,Barry County,Michigan. She married (1) HORACE D. NEWTON,1ST HUSBAND,DIVORCED,DOCTOR 1854 in Hastings,Barry County,Michigan, son of EBER NEWTON and SYLVIA WEBBER. He was born 24 Nov 1831 in Avon,Lorain County,Ohio, and died 08 Sep 1911 in Hickory Grove Cemetery,Belle County,Missouri. She married (2) THEOPHOLIS S. KNICKERBOCKER,2ND HUSBAND 28 Jan 1871 in Ada,Kent County,Michigan. He was born 1830 in Ameida,Melcomb County,New York, and died Aft. 1880 in Middlefork,Vermilion County,Illinois.
Notes for MARIE L. NOBLE,2ND WIFE:
Name: Maria Knickerbocker Home in 1900: Kalamazoo Ward 2, Kalamazoo, Michigan Age: 67
Birth Date: Nov 1832 Birthplace: Ohio Race: White
Relationship to Head of House: Mother Father's Birthplace: Massachusetts
Mother's Birthplace: New York Mother: number of living children: 3
Mother: How many children: 5 Marital Status: Widowed
Minnie Sweet 41
Maria Knickerbocker 67
Notes for HORACE D. NEWTON,1ST HUSBAND,DIVORCED,DOCTOR:
Name: Horace D Newton Age in 1860: 30 Birth Year: abt 1830 Birthplace: Ohio
Home in 1860: Rutland, Barry, Michigan Post Office: Hastings
Horace D Newton 30
Maria Newton 27
Harriett Newton 6
Metta Newton 2
Name: Horace Newton Home in 1880: North Manchester, Wabash, Indiana
Age: 49 Estimated birth year: abt 1831 Birthplace: Indiana
Relation to Head of Household: Self (Head) Spouse's name: Mary E. Newton
Father's birthplace: Ohio Mother's birthplace: Indiana
Horace Newton 49
Mary E. Newton 40
Louie A. Newton 15
Ione Newton 12
William Newton 10
Don L. Newton 6
John M. Myers 28
William L. Mayer 24
Catherine Hutsel 19
U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca.1775-2006
Name: Horace D Newton Service Info.: PVT US ARMY
Birth Date: 24 Nov 1827 Death Date: 8 Sep 1911
Cemetery: Hickory Grove Cemetery
Cemetery Address: Belle, MO 65013
Notes for THEOPHOLIS S. KNICKERBOCKER,2ND HUSBAND:
Name: John Knickerbocker Home in 1880: Middlefork, Vermilion, Illinois
Age: 50 Estimated birth year: abt 1830 Birthplace: New York
Relation to Head of Household: Self (Head)
Spouse's name: Maria Knickerbocker Occupation: Farming
John Knickerbocker 50
Maria Knickerbocker 42
Lilly M. Knickerbocker 20
William W. Knickerbocker 14
Children of MARIE NOBLE and HORACE NEWTON are:
i. HARRIET9 NEWTON, b. Abt. 1854, Hastings,Barry County,Michigan.
ii. MARTHA 'METTA' NEWTON, b. Sep 1858, Hastings,Barry County,Michigan.
iii.MINNIE SWEET NEWTON,WIDOW, b. Sep 1858, Hastings,Barry County,Michigan; d. Hastings,Barry County,Michigan; m. UNKNOWN SWEET, Hastings,Barry County,Michigan; b. 1856, Hastings,Barry County,Michigan; d. Bef. 1899, Hastings,Barry County,Michigan.
Notes for MINNIE SWEET NEWTON,WIDOW:
Name: Minnie Sweet[Minnie Knickerbocker]
Home in 1900: Kalamazoo Ward 2, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Age: 41 Birth Date: Sep 1858 Birthplace: Michigan Race: White
Relationship to Head of House: Head Father's Birthplace: Ohio
Mother's Name: Maria Knickerbocker Mother's Birthplace: Ohio
Mother: number of living children: 0 Mother:
How many children: 0 Marital Status: Widowed
Minnie Sweet 41
Maria Knickerbocker 67
Name: Minnie Sweet [Minnie Knickerbocker]
Age: 41 Birth Date: Sep 1858 Birthplace: Michigan Race: White
Relationship to Head of House: Head
Father's Birthplace: Ohio Mother's Name: Maria Knickerbocker
Mother's Birthplace: Ohio Mother: number of living children: 0
Mother: How many children: 0 Marital Status: Widowed
Minnie Sweet 41
Maria Knickerbocker 67
iv. ELLEN NEWTON, b. Abt. 1862, Hastings,Barry County,Michigan.
Child of MARIE NOBLE and THEOPHOLIS KNICKERBOCKER is:
v. FREDERICK G.9 KNICKERBOCKER, b. 26 Apr 1873, Hastings,,Barry County,Michigan.
Notes for FREDERICK G. KNICKERBOCKER:
Name: F G Knickerbocker [F E Knickerbocker]
Age: 27 Birth Date: Apr 1873 Birthplace: Michigan Race: White
Relationship to Head of House: Head
Father's Birthplace: New York Mother's Birthplace: New York
Spouse's name: Dora Knickerbocker Marriage Year: 1897
Marital Status: Married Years Married: 3
F G Knickerbocker 27
Dora Knickerbocker 28
Charles Hanson 7
Flaydie Knickerbocker 11/12

55. HARRIET SOPHRONIA8 NOBLE (JOEL POWELL7, WINTHROP6, TIMOTHY5, EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 22 Aug 1848 in Carlisle,Lorain County,Ohio, and died in Hastings,Barry County,Michigan.
She married JESSE C. STALL STULL,BLACKSMITH 19 May 1869 in Hastings,Barry County,Michigan. He was born 1844 in Hastings,Barry County,Michigan, and died in Hastings,Barry County,Michigan.
Notes for JESSE C. STALL STULL,BLACKSMITH:
Name: Jesse C. Stall Home in 1880: Hastings, Barry, Michigan
Birthplace: Ohio Relation to Head of Household: Self (Head)
Spouse's name: Hattie S. Stall Father's birthplace: Ohio
Mother's birthplace: Ohio Occupation: Blacksmith
Jesse C. Stall 35
Hattie S. Stall 31
Iva N. Stall 10
Myrtel E. Stall 5
Floyd N. Stall 2
Joel P. Noble 80
Joseph Barker 49 Blacksmith New York
Children of HARRIET NOBLE and JESSE STULL are:
i. IVA N. STALL9 STULL, b. Abt. 25 Mar 1870, Hastings,Barry County,Michigan.
ii. MYRTEL E. STALL STULL, b. 1875, Hastings,Barry County,Michigan.
iii. FLOYD N. STALL STULL, b. 1878, Hastings,Barry County,Michigan.

56. DANIEL WINTHROP 'WILLIE'8 NOBLE,JR. (DANIEL WINTHROP7, WINTHROP6, TIMOTHY5, EBENEZER DEWEY4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 29 Apr 1858 in Perry,Marion County,Indiana, and died in Perry,Marion County,Indiana. He married MARY E. UNKNOWN Abt. Sep 1883 in Perry,Marion County,Indiana. She was born 1862 in Perry,Marion County,Indiana, and died in Perry,Marion County,Indiana.
Notes for DANIEL WINTHROP 'WILLIE' NOBLE,JR.:
Name: Daniel W Noble Home in 1900: Perry, Marion, Indiana Age: 41
Birth Date: Apr 1858 Birthplace: Indiana Race: White
Relationship to Head of House: Head Father's Birthplace: Massachusetts
Mother's Name: Harriette M Noble Mother's Birthplace: New Hampshire
Spouse's name: Mary E Noble Marriage Year: 1883
Marital Status: Married Years Married: 17
Daniel W Noble 41
Mary E Noble 37
Lucy E Noble 15
Edwin F Noble 13
Ruth H Noble 8
Mary W Noble 4
Margaret Noble 1
Harriette M Noble 86
Perry Templin 17
Children of DANIEL NOBLE and MARY UNKNOWN are:
i. LUCY E.9 NOBLE, b. Jul 1884, Perry,Marion County,Indiana.
ii. EDWIN F NOBLE, b. Jul 1886, Perry,Marion County,Indiana.
iii. RUTH H. NOBLE, b. Sep 1891, Perry,Marion County,Indiana.
iv. MARY W. NOBLE, b. Dec 1895, Perry,Marion County,Indiana.
v. MARGARET NOBLE, b. Apr 1899, Perry,Marion County,Indiana.

57. GUSTAVAS GRYMARD8 NOBLE (ISAAC7, AARON6, AARON5, DAVID4, JAMES3, THOMAS2, THOMAS1) was born 28 Jul 1841 in Broome,Schoharie County,New York to Ohio, and died 27 Sep 1913 in Township 3,Meade County,South Dakota. He married MARY ELIZABETH ROE 30 Sep 1860 in Rushford,Allegany County,New York, daughter of ELEAZER ROE and CLARINDA CLARK. She was born 08 Jun 1845 in Broome,Schoharie County,New York to Ohio, and died in Township 3,Meade County,South Dakota.
Notes for GUSTAVAS GRYMARD NOBLE:
Name: Gustavus Noble Age: 10 Estimated birth year: abt 1840
Birth Place: New York
Home in 1850 (City,County,State): Farmersville, Cattaraugus, New York
Family Number: 584
Isaac Noble 47
America Noble 41
Daniel Noble 19
Almira Noble 15
Spencer Noble 14
Gustavus Noble 10
Julia A Noble 2
Name: Gustava G Noble Birth Year: abt 1841 Age in 1870: 29 Birthplace: New York
Home in 1870: Cheshire, Allegan, Michigan Race: White Post Office: Allegan
Gustava G Noble 29
Mary E Noble 26
Alla A Noble 7
Flora B Noble 4
Ida M Noble 1
Edgar Wight 22
Name: Gustavus Noble Home in 1880: Pennington, Dakota Territory
Age: 40 Estimated birth year: abt 1840 Birthplace: New York
Father's birthplace: New York Mother's birthplace: New York Occupation: Laborer
Charles M. Blake 36
John Halford 35
Curtis S. Brown 43
Gustavus Noble 40
Jacob Mask 18
Name: Gustavis G Noble[Gustavas Noble]
Home in 1900: Township 3, Meade, South Dakota
Age: 51 Birth Date: Jul 1840 Birthplace: New York Race: White
Relationship to Head of House: Head Father's Birthplace: New York
Mother's Birthplace: Vermont Spouse's name: Mary E Noble
Marriage Year: 1860 Marital Status: Married Years Married: 40
Gustavis G Noble 51
Mary E Noble 54
J Mason Noble 11
Notes for MARY ELIZABETH ROE:
Name: Mary E Noble Home in 1900: Township 3, Meade, South Dakota
Age: 54 Birth Date: Jun 1845 Birthplace: Ohio Race: White
Relationship to Head of House: Wife Father's Birthplace: New York
Mother's Birthplace: New York Mother: number of living children: 6
Mother: How many children: 6 Spouse's name: Gustavis G Noble
Marriage Year: 1860 Marital Status: Married Years Married: 40
Gustavis G Noble 51
Mary E Noble 54
J Mason Noble 11
Children of GUSTAVAS NOBLE and MARY ROE are:
i. OLIVE L.9 NOBLE, b. 06 Oct 1861, Cheshire,Allegan County,Michigan.
ii. ALICE A. NOBLE, b. 09 May 1863, Cheshire,Allegan County,Michigan.
iii. CORA B. NOBLE, b. 09 Oct 1865, Cheshire,Allegan County,Michigan.
iv. IDA M. NOBLE, b. 11 Jul 1868, Cheshire,Allegan County,Michigan.
v. ETTIE V. NOBLE, b. 18 May 1872, Cheshire,Allegan County,Michigan.
vi. J.MASON 16 Feb 1889, Township 3,Meade County,South Dakota

Find a board about a specific topic