Search for content in message boards

Walter Allen O'Bannon (1881-1963)

Replies: 3

Walter Allen O'Bannon (1881-1963)

Posted: 21 Apr 2009 2:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: O'Bannon
The above is my grandfather, of whom I am trying to trace his ancestry. His obituary does not list his parents, nor siblings. I believe he had at least a sister (Lorine Whiskers) who lived in Monticello, AR until she died ca. 1977. He may have had two brothers, William Virgil (1879-1947) who may have lived near Tucumcari, NM in the 1930s, and Claude (ca 1888-1966) who died in Booneville, AR.

Inductive reasoning indicates Walter's father may have been James Michael O'Bannon (1856-1933), with census records showing he was living in Drew Co, AR in 1930, and was born probably in Pettis Co, MO. He would have had 3 brothers, John Richard, William Byrd. and Thomas Hiram, along with a sister Sarah Elizabeth. Father of James Michael would have been Benjamin Allen, and his mother, Mary Ann Byrd. Searches have also indicated James Michael may have had two wives, Martha Priscilla Cole and/or Belle L Hughes.

I am unable to make a positive connection from James Michael to Walter Allen, or garner information about Walter's possible siblings. If anyone has traced their decendency in that direction and have records of a connection, I would very much appreciate knowing that. Once that connection can be made, I can then trace my lineage back to Bryant O'Bannon of Fauquire Co, VA.

I have on this website the obituaries of Walter Allen, along with my father's, Walter Allen O'Bannon, Jr., the sole offspring of Walter and his wife, Sue Frank (Oldham). Again, thanks for anyone's help through this.

Blithely, Evan Patrick O'Bannon
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Evan OBannon 21 Apr 2009 8:17PM GMT 
Evan OBannon 3 May 2009 6:19PM GMT 
1_lee744 15 Jul 2012 11:52PM GMT 
Evan OBannon 19 Jul 2012 2:25AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions