Hello, In Oct. I went to Petaluma, California to retrieve some Opfer genealogy. It belonged to Louis and Irene Opfer, Louis died several years ago and Irene gave me all the notebooks she had. I believe some, or all of it is Thomas Opfar's research of about 20-30 years ago. I met with Thomas Opfar just before he died. He said he had 13 notebooks with different Opfer branches. He had never been able to connect them. I have 6 notebooks in my possession. I intend to load them all on my computer, but haven't gotten started, due to holiday committments. They are labeled:
1. Missouri Opfers starting with Yoost Opfer born about 1790
2. St Louis Opfers starting with Herman Heinrich Opfer born about 1835
3. North East Iowa Opfers starting with Simon Opfer born July 1822
4. Ohio Opfers, Marilyn Robertson, starting with Johann Georg Opfer born 1808
5. Chicago, Ill. Baltimore MD Opfers, Russel Opfer, starting with Max Opfer born 29 Jan 1867
6. Lincoln, Nebr, Opfers starting with Henry Ernst Opfer born Oct 1840
I will do look ups in these notebooks until I can get them loaded. The I will try to get them on a public page, for all to research. I have the Missoui Opfers already loaded, as they are my branch of the Opfers. I would apprecicate a reasonble guess to which book with names and dates best you can.
I will do the best I can to get back to you in a timely manner. I work full time as an anesthetist and keep pretty, but will do my best to help any Opfer reseacher.
I would encourage anyone contacting Thomas Opfar's cousin, to urge her to share the research with with LDS library, or allow them to copy it. I didn't find evidence that Thomas Opfar had ever done that. Even though he lived near the library.